+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dom/Chloro/? - Looking for some feedback

Default Dom/Chloro/? - Looking for some feedback

Hey all,

I put the following build together with the intent for PvE instances.

My thought was to create a CC/Healing build. A build that specializes in CC but has the ability to heal 5 man's.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...V0z.gciuizqxbk

Was thinking if I can CC efficiently it will reduce the amount of healing the group requires, should make for a fun build.

Let me know what you think

Telaran

you lack Natural Fusion to get the main tank heal up by another 150% of your nuke damage (75% straight from Natures Touch and another 75% from LGV effect)

since you cast nonstop nature spells while healing take Natural Awareness instead of Accelerated Growth

if nothing changes then Call of Spring works only on Bloom and Flourish, and not on the normal Chloro "heals"

Healing spec looks really barebone to me, with that you will run into problems to mainheal instances. Up to beta 6 CC in the Scale you can bring wasn't really needed in isntances, and I guess when you need that kind of CC then you don't want to be CC AND healer at same time for fear of CC break and constant healing needed on main tank even while you kinda need to keep your CCing up...
    Last edited by Lihar; 02-15-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Good points, it was probably a long shot wanting to do both roles.

It was just an idea I had and thought now was a good time to ask seeing as though only pre-orders can post

Thanks again!

Prophet of Telara

I put the following build together with the intent for PvE instances.
    Natural Awareness is better than Accelerated Growth on the whole. If you're choosing between the two, Natural Awareness should be your choice.

If you're planning to heal 5 man groups, your tank healing is your main focus for 95% of the time - so Natural Fusion is pretty much a must have.

I find Nature's Fury to be a useful heal for when a group is taking on a bunch of mobs.

Chastise at the top of the Dom tree is pointless for PvE as it only works on players and their pets.

Greater Shroud has limited uses, since it's a healing debuff and there aren't a lot of healing mobs.

Similarly, Arresting Presence and Reflective Presence have limited usage in PvE.

X

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...kRM.gcV0izVx0z

All suggestions taken into account ^^

Honestly, I totally messed up with the first post. That was my attempt at a possible PvP build (Not much a PvPer so was probably way off the mark )

The build above was the build I had planned for PvE with roughly 3 items changed from the suggestions you guys made.

I really hope this can work, I think it will be a fun build and if I can handle both roles in a 5 man would obviously be of benefit in the fact of being able to open up a DPS slot.

Edit: Oops, just realized there is 1pt spare and I had another question regarding the 3rd soul.... What should it be??? i got no idea lol
    Last edited by Occasus; 02-15-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Most people would take Essence Surge as the last point. I'm on the fence about its usefulness - but it's doubtless useful as an emergency option in some situations.

3rd soul .. I'm becoming a fan of the Archon 0 point. You can stack up pillaging stone fairly easily on trash mobs and it only needs one cast every 5 minutes to keep up the stack.

But since you can switch at will between 0 point souls, you can also switch to Ele for a decent tank pet for soloing. Your synthesis can be cast on the pet too.

X

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by XtremElement View Post
    Most people would take Essence Surge as the last point. I'm on the fence about its usefulness - but it's doubtless useful as an emergency option in some situations.

3rd soul .. I'm becoming a fan of the Archon 0 point. You can stack up pillaging stone fairly easily on trash mobs and it only needs one cast every 5 minutes to keep up the stack.

But since you can switch at will between 0 point souls, you can also switch to Ele for a decent tank pet for soloing. Your synthesis can be cast on the pet too.

X
    that only works until 30 when the 0 point pet stops levelling, after that you have to invest 21 points into mage to keep a pet thats worth to send into combat

Quote Originally Posted by Lihar View Post
    that only works until 30 when the 0 point pet stops levelling, after that you have to invest 21 points into mage to keep a pet thats worth to send into combat
    the great thing is, if u have ZERO points in a tree, u can swap it to another soul at ANY time. So if u grab ele tree for the pet etc, and leave it at zero points, after lvl 30, u can change it to archon, free of charge =D

Prophet of Telara

Well, for soloing, I'm pretty sure that even the 0 point pet will do for a while after 30. Clearly there will come a point when the pet doesn't even land its forced retarget... but I'll bet that you can get some use out of it well into the 30s against solo content.

X

if you want to heal 5-man instances and have CC, all you need is one of the many posted Chloro builds with a 0pt Domi ability. I heal instances all the time and use my CC when necessary. Works great, no need to build around Domi.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arieste View Post
    if you want to heal 5-man instances and have CC, all you need is one of the many posted Chloro builds with a 0pt Domi ability. I heal instances all the time and use my CC when necessary. Works great, no need to build around Domi.
    I agree. But I wouldn't even go that high into Domi for PvE. You don't need to instant cast your CC with how

Go Archon for PvE and buff the crap out of your group while debuffing your group and increasing all of your healing/damage by another 25% from damage/casting speed.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...hReRRf0ozrz.0M

Probably some changes you can make, but 32/32/2 gives you everything you need to be a must for any raid.

+ Reply to Thread