+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Efficient Chloromancer Spell Weaving

Default Efficient Chloromancer Spell Weaving

Efficient Chloro weaving. What spell order do you use and what's an efficient method of chloro weaving your spells for maximum and optimal damage/healing?

This can include spells from secondary trees.

Telaran

if you are interested in optimal damage AND healing you are choosing a wrong main soul forget damage while healing, chloros need a target to plink on, but our plinking wont kill anything...

the usual weawing people do is:

Natures Touch -- Vile Spores -- Utility -- NT ....

Utility can be:

Radiant Spores (+ Ruin to keep track of the duration)
    Instant Mana regeneration spell
    Some Archon buff
    Instant heal
    Withering Vines
    Vile Spores if more durable healing is needed

Depends all on Situation, 2nd Soul, Mana useage, direction the Crows fly, etc...

Prophet of Telara

Your basic priorities in casting should 90% of the time be:
    Radiant Spores must be kept up.
    Explain to your group, that if they're taking damage, more dps = more healing from Radiant Spores. Faster consistent hits are probably better than slow big ones in that situation (because you may or may not get that 30% roll on a slow big hit... but if you do 5 other hits in the same time, you'll probably get healed by a couple of them).
    Nature's Touch is your first active healing priority.
    If there's ever a choice of which active heal to cast, Nature's Touch should be your first choice. It's the best nuke for both tank and group heal.
    Ruin is your second active healing priority.

Vile Spores when there's nothing else you need to be doing

Keep Entropic Veil up when you can. I personally tend to hit it when charge is up to ~50%.

Your Nukes are your Heals
    When everyone/several people in the group/raid takes damage at the same time, trust in Lifegiving Veil and Radiant Spores to bring everybody back to full health. Your nukes and Radiant spores will usually do the job just fine. Most situations like this don't need a direct heal.
    Direct Heals are for Emergencies
    Direct Heals (Bloom/Flourish/Wild Growth) should be used when the above is all failing. They are to be viewed as your emergency heals.

Your first instinct when people in your group start taking damage, should be to hit another nuke not a direct heal. Direct heals are for when you're sure that nuking and radiant spores isn't going to work any more.
    Rotations
    There is no real 'rotation' for Chloros, because to a certain extent you're reacting to a situation. But the basic healing rotation should probably be something like:
    Ruin, RS, NT, VS, VS, NT, VS, VS, Ruin, RS....
    I put Ruin in before Radiant Spores because when Ruin recycles, I use it and know that I have to use Radiant Spores straight after it to keep RS maintained (Ruin cooldown = Radiant Spores duration - 1s). You'll have slightly different ways to lead into this rotation at the beginning and will always be making adjustments because of using your mana regen tools, Bloom/Flourish/Wild Growth etc... as well as other bits and bobs in the Chloro tool-set. But at heart, the above is the basic Chloro rotation.

Entropic Veil is a decision thing. Some Chloros prefer to save it for when they need a bit of a burst of healing. My approach is to maintain a consistently high level of healing, so that you're less likely to get into a situation when you need that burst in the first place. Also, with Warlock you get such good charge regeneration, that you will find that you swiftly get 50% charge back again - so if you do need a burst at some point, you're likely to have enough charge to give you that.

Your Chloro mantra is:
    "My nukes are my heals... My nukes are my heals.... My nukes are my heals...."
    Repeat it and repeat it and repeat it until you can think nothing else, young grasshopper - and you shall truly be a masterful Chloro.

Plane Touched

The thing about Chloro as a healer is, you have to be on your toes. You don't have as much recovery time from a brainfart as a cleric does, you need to start a stream of healing flowing from the get-go or you may get behind from the start and not be able to catch up. You have to be ready to go right at the start of every pull.

/macro

make a new macro with a cool icon of your choice

/cast Radiant Spores
    /cast Ruin
    /cast Nature's Touch
    /cast Vile Spores

Now bind this to a hotkey of your choice and press the button many times. You are now the world's greatest Chloromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyght View Post
    Efficient Chloro weaving. What spell order do you use and what's an efficient method of chloro weaving your spells for maximum and optimal damage/healing?

This can include spells from secondary trees.
    Nature's Touch + Vile Spores+Nature's Touch + Vile Spores.....

Other spells as fight allows or as required.

That is all.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    /macro

make a new macro with a cool icon of your choice

/cast Radiant Spores
    /cast Ruin
    /cast Nature's Touch
    /cast Vile Spores

Now bind this to a hotkey of your choice and press the button many times. You are now the world's greatest Chloromancer.
    This is pretty inefficient and I wouldn't recommend it.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by XtremElement View Post
    [indent]Explain to your group, that if they're taking damage, more dps = more healing from Radiant Spores.
    Yes I love it when some snot nosed kid starts crying that hes not getting enough heals when grouped with a Chlor and we can trun around and tell him "Want more heals do more DPS!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arieste View Post
    Nature's Touch + Vile Spores+Nature's Touch + Vile Spores.....

Other spells as fight allows or as required.

That is all.
    WEAK!!! How about radiant spores+nature's touch+ruin+vile spores. If the tank isn't getting hit that hard I will use a different spell rotation that doesn't use life spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    This is pretty inefficient and I wouldn't recommend it.
    Other than Radiant Spores being cast an extra time every 8 seconds, you are using your longer cooldown heals every chance you get, vile spores in between.

What is so inefficient?

radiant spores doesn't cause aggro so it is really easy to apply on the initial pull of a group of mobs. I love that feature about it

in war fronts, what's the strategy?

I am just learning the class and really only got a few hours on it. I was putting radiant spores on a different target every time it was up and pretty much dotting up as many targets as possible. I was able to get in the 15k to 20k heals every time in the 12v12 (don't remember the 18v18) which usually was good for 3rd.

So basically my rotation was RS, Withering Vine, Necrosis (I had necro and pyro for other souls), vile spores, and flame bolt for an instant lil nuke.

I would also use my bloom in emergency and use my aoe heal all the time.

I was level 23 and probably not feated properly. I've been reading more and more and have a better idea on how to feat now.
    Hi, I'm Xenic. I came to blow $hit up

Prophet of Telara

Well you definitely want to take Phytogenesis so that your Radiant Spores becomes AoE and increases its proc chances.

Withering Vines is OK for getting extra DPS, but if you're able to land your Vile Spores, then you should get more healing out of using VS on the whole.

Take Nature's Corrosion to get the best out of your VS/Ruin when you land it and add some more DPS. It seems it adds about 30% to their heals by ticking LGV on the first tick of three.

Don't necessarily be casting your life damage spells on the focus target if you're focussed on healing. Focus target is more likely to have popped their defence abilities and damage mitigation stuff - which will weaken your ability to land and the amount of damage you do - and thus also how much healing you get. You may be better off looking for the weaker target for VS/NT/Ruin - players' pets are a good option if there are any. The better you land and the more damage you do - the better you heal everybody...

Natural Conversion can be a useful spell in PvP... as can Nature's Cleansing and Wild Abandon if you're on your toes. They can offer a lot of useful help to your allies.

It kind of depends what role you're trying to fill. If you're really wanting to heal, then you want to drop WV, Necrosis and Flame Bolt really. But if you're trying to balance more toward DPS you might go that way. Using Stream of Reclamation on a focus target delivers a chunk of DPS from you too - while increasing everybody's chances of RS healing them from that target.

X

You may be better off looking for the weaker target for VS/NT/Ruin - players' pets are a good option if there are any. The better you land and the more damage you do - the better you heal everybody...

X
    This is really good advice, especially since most pet classes do the Ronco game play style of "set it and forget it". When they sick their pet on you, fall behind a rock, tree, or wall and start spamming damage on the pet. You do not need line of sight to heal your team with LGV.

Shadowlander

Your basic priorities in casting should 90% of the time be:
    Radiant Spores must be kept up.
    Explain to your group, that if they're taking damage, more dps = more healing from Radiant Spores. Faster consistent hits are probably better than slow big ones in that situation (because you may or may not get that 30% roll on a slow big hit... but if you do 5 other hits in the same time, you'll probably get healed by a couple of them).
    Nature's Touch is your first active healing priority.
    If there's ever a choice of which active heal to cast, Nature's Touch should be your first choice. It's the best nuke for both tank and group heal.
    Ruin is your second active healing priority.

Vile Spores when there's nothing else you need to be doing

Keep Entropic Veil up when you can. I personally tend to hit it when charge is up to ~50%.

Your Nukes are your Heals
    When everyone/several people in the group/raid takes damage at the same time, trust in Lifegiving Veil and Radiant Spores to bring everybody back to full health. Your nukes and Radiant spores will usually do the job just fine. Most situations like this don't need a direct heal.
    Direct Heals are for Emergencies
    Direct Heals (Bloom/Flourish/Wild Growth) should be used when the above is all failing. They are to be viewed as your emergency heals.

Your first instinct when people in your group start taking damage, should be to hit another nuke not a direct heal. Direct heals are for when you're sure that nuking and radiant spores isn't going to work any more.
    Rotations
    There is no real 'rotation' for Chloros, because to a certain extent you're reacting to a situation. But the basic healing rotation should probably be something like:
    Ruin, RS, NT, VS, VS, NT, VS, VS, Ruin, RS....
    I put Ruin in before Radiant Spores because when Ruin recycles, I use it and know that I have to use Radiant Spores straight after it to keep RS maintained (Ruin cooldown = Radiant Spores duration - 1s). You'll have slightly different ways to lead into this rotation at the beginning and will always be making adjustments because of using your mana regen tools, Bloom/Flourish/Wild Growth etc... as well as other bits and bobs in the Chloro tool-set. But at heart, the above is the basic Chloro rotation.

Entropic Veil is a decision thing. Some Chloros prefer to save it for when they need a bit of a burst of healing. My approach is to maintain a consistently high level of healing, so that you're less likely to get into a situation when you need that burst in the first place. Also, with Warlock you get such good charge regeneration, that you will find that you swiftly get 50% charge back again - so if you do need a burst at some point, you're likely to have enough charge to give you that.

Your Chloro mantra is:
    "My nukes are my heals... My nukes are my heals.... My nukes are my heals...."
    Repeat it and repeat it and repeat it until you can think nothing else, young grasshopper - and you shall truly be a masterful Chloro.
    Could not have summed up the class better than this.

Lean on natures touch then vile spores. Leave ruin as a mini cd for bust dmg(edit: meant healing but similar things) or just after you use a utility. Keep radiant spores up as much as common sense allows and use the occasional free gcd to renew your archon buffs (which IMHO you should have specced in to)
    Save the "actual" heals for when you gain agro or have to move. Yet to fully test the 31 point abiliyt (can't remeber the name so LoH will suffice if you pardon the profanity) but i doubt it will be much use in the 5 man scheme as you half your healing after casting it.

For reference my sequence after a boss wipe (ie worst case scenario) is:
    Radiant spores ( gotta love no agro)
    Pillaging stone on the pull landing just after the tank impacts
    Natures touch
    Lingering dust
    (ruin in needed) vile spores
    Natures touch>vile spores

repeat as above and fit in in priority
    radiant spores only if aoe dmg
    Lingering dust if not up
    pillaging stone if not at 5 stacks or needing refreshed
    Every other buff that isn't healing related

Additional. As much as the carebare ***** may hate it critters are a perfectly valid target for stacking your self buffs as may be opponents duels (will test in 20 mins when server comes up)
    Last edited by Crumbb; 02-15-2011 at 07:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast