+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage crit details ... any help ?

Telaran

Question Mage crit details ... any help ?

I would like to find some help on Mage dps crit damage.

I would like to know what is the crit damage of a mage !

If the Mage normal hit do 100... what would be his crit ? 150?

That would make the crit a 50% upgrade.

The Skill Tempest from Elementalist raise the crit by 50% ..

would that be : from a 50% to a 75% upgrade in damage? ( 50% x 50%) + 50% = 25% + 50% = 75%
    so Crit = Base + crit % + 50%

or from a 50% + 50% = 100% more from a crit.

Anyone know that?

1: Crit % for a mage

and 2 : how is The tempest skill 50% crit upgrade is calculated.

Thx for youre insight.

Spells crit for 50% extra healing or damage.

The talent in the elemental tree to increase crit damage by 50% is supposed to knock it up to 200%, to be the same as physical crits which already do 200% damage.

That's my assumption.

Technically, the way they've worded it, INCREASES THE CRITICAL HIT DAMAGE BONUS OF YOUR SPELLS BY 50%, i'm actually not too sure. The word BONUS throws me off.

Melee crits were dropped to 150% in beta 5, I think it was. Everyone has 150% crits, base.

Based from what I have seen, the crit is actually more than 100% with Tempest. I have no idea how that's the case, but it is. I.e. my Void Bolt normally hits for 250, crits hit for 540. Of course, I could just be wrong, but it's just what I've seen.
    It will always baffle me that people would object to quality of life improvements and just blame it on being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobyc View Post
    Based from what I have seen, the crit is actually more than 100% with Tempest. I have no idea how that's the case, but it is. I.e. my Void Bolt normally hits for 250, crits hit for 540. Of course, I could just be wrong, but it's just what I've seen.
    it's possible, but unlikely that, it gives an extra 50%.
    A crit does 150% damage, a 50% increase of that would be 225%. If that was the case, it's a really huge increase in damage for 5 points. Very worth it. Can anyone verify this?

Rift Chaser

i believe the 50% more crit bonus damage is to the base. if the crit is 150% the the extra 50% would make it 200% = 150 + 50. in eq2 the word crit bonus is now common place and that is how it works there. besides applying it with other crit bonuses would make it a programmers nightmare any other way.

Plane Touched

Yeah, almost all of the +x% skills only apply to base numbers.

if the programmers did it anything like in ddo (dungeon and dragons) then the crit would be 225% since it is 150% multiplied by the 50% increase which would make your 250 normal hit a 540 crit and normal = OP skill = a must have for all mages = im glad my build originally had it in it.

edit: if this is true the extra 30% from archmage would make it even higher!

math: 150% + 50% = 225% + 30% = 292.5% = WOW!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 02-15-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    if the programmers did it anything like in ddo (dungeon and dragons) then the crit would be 225% since it is 150% multiplied by the 50% increase which would make your 250 normal hit a 540 crit and normal = OP skill = a must have for all mages = im glad my build originally had it in it.

edit: if this is true the extra 30% from archmage would make it even higher!

math: 150% + 50% = 225% + 30% = 292.5% = WOW!!!!!!!!
    I have seen plenty of numbers showing 150% is normal. 50% more makes it 200%. Talent points do not stack, but multiple by each other, so with Archmage you would be 30% more of 50%, so a total of 215%.

+ Reply to Thread