+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Experimenting: Chloro (6)/Storm (33)/Necro (27)

Default Experimenting: Chloro (6)/Storm (33)/Necro (27)

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...17,5_&lang=eng

Can anyone provide feedback? Thanks

Why the 5 in Nat Aware instead of Acc Growth? I assume you're going to be using Withered Vine yes? Also, you're not going to be using life spells enough to get any value out of NA.

EDIT: Also, why take the Plague Bolt talents? This is PvP right? If it's PvE, why take Feign Death and Det. Bones?
    Last edited by mr_19; 02-14-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Shadowlander

you're going to have very weak dps. SC isn't a tree you just put points into, you need at least 31 points in it to make it worth anything because all of it's skills base their damage off how many electrified charges/hypothermia/ice shears are on the mob/person.
    Dots are very weak dps right now, not sure how much that will increase with the crit in beta 7.
    if you are going to allocate that many points into necro tree i'd suggest dumping SC and picking up Warlock
    to increase your dot damage and a few other handy talents.
    All in all not the worst build i've seen posted, but you are going to have severe issues in both pvp and pve with this build.
    If you'd like you can PM me and i'll link a few builds for you.

Sunder is in Open Recruitment and accepting all Archetypes/Roles - Visit www.sunder-guild.com

I took feign Death because of the aggro dump/survivablilty. I play a hunter in wow, so it kinda stood out to me, cause, well...makes me not have to always walk back from a wipe.

I'm pretty sold on at least Necro, so Warlock is best as 2nd? If I'm planning to go deep into both then i guess Dom is best if I'm not speccing into something deep due to the 'sheep?'

Telaran

the trees have been reworked since the last beta - wait until you've checked out the new stuff before you worry about builds.
    torbad/jeffirl
    <nonfactor>

I have a Necro/Lock/Chloro.. and I love it.
    DPS, tanking, healing...some "oh snap" buttons to get out of trouble..
    I tried variants of the Necro/Chloro.. and something else.. and tried the Lock/Chloro.. but later on.. found that with pet healing, self healing, tanking, DPS.. that my Necro/Lock/Chloro was perfect for me.

Lock and Necro seem to work hand in hand very, very well...start with those two.. then play from there -imho

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedence View Post
    I took feign Death because of the aggro dump/survivablilty. I play a hunter in wow, so it kinda stood out to me, cause, well...makes me not have to always walk back from a wipe.

I'm pretty sold on at least Necro, so Warlock is best as 2nd? If I'm planning to go deep into both then i guess Dom is best if I'm not speccing into something deep due to the 'sheep?'
    Well seeing as if you're worried about solo pve your tank pet should do you just fine in this game and Feign death really isn't needed. It's great in pvp tho! As for your 3rd spec, if you're going deep lock there is not much of a point to squirreling. Fear has a shorter cast time compared to low dom and comes with a damage buffer.
    If the focus of this build is solo PvE, may I strongly recommend Chloromancer/Necromancer due to the insane self heals?

Rift Disciple

Under 10 points in chloro seems like a waste since you don't get Lifegiving veil.

Quote Originally Posted by trutanen View Post
    Under 10 points in chloro seems like a waste since you don't get Lifegiving veil.
    2 points is pretty nice for Withered Vain and Radiant Spores if theres no other chloros in your 5 man or soloing with deep spec in Lock.

The storm tree was terrible. Please respec it to include the essential talents like inductance.

+ Reply to Thread