+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: AoE Mage Spec.

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    472

    Default AoE Mage Spec.

    I am looking into SC/ELE/LOCK for my AoE Trash build, and will switch to single target dps for bosses, what I am asking is for people to give feed back and together build the most efficient AoE rotation.

    Ready GO!

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Mtcsbk.Vxxt.xx
    Last edited by Xynvyctus; 02-14-2011 at 12:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Datku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    You have a full lock build linked...not sure if you meant to do that.

    This is the SC/Ele/Dom build I am going with: 31 SC / 22 Ele / 13 Dom

    Mainly focusing on maximizing air dmg and using Ele tree to pick up lightening strike and crit and dmg bonuses. Ice Shield is nice to throw up when you AoE as well...and pet for a tank for soloing and additional dps/buffs from air pet in instances. Dominator for mana wench otherwise you have mana issues. Thought maybe lock for sacrifice life: Mana but with no real way to recover health in the build I see it as a risk. Now end game raiding with chlormancers using lifegiving veil it might not be as much an issue and can swap it out for some more points to boost water dmg a bit unless you want the squirrel for CC.

    If I did math correctly with right spell rotation I should get around 87% dmg increase in my air dmg, and 113% increase in water dmg. An extra 15% crit chance with Air and 5% crit chance with Water spells. 50% bonus to my crit dmg for both air and water. And if I use a charge consuming ability I can increase both air and water dmg by another 20% until I run out of charge. Also one of my hardest hitting spells Lightening strike has an additional 10% crit chance (so 25% chance total). In addition in an instance will be using air pet which has a group, possibly raid wide dmg increase buff for a limited time of another 15% I believe.

    Single target spell rotation:

    Exposure (adds 10% increase in elemental dmg fire/earth/air/water)

    Raging storm (10% from exposure + 5% for Lightening Mastery for total of 15% bonus dmg used to build Electrified stack x3)

    Ice shear (31% dmg bonus for water spell +14% dmg per electrified stack for 15 seconds 3 stacks from raging storm = 42% bonus to air/water dmg add 10% for exposure and 30% from Inductance bonuses so total dmg bonus for spell = 113% with 5% chance to crit in which case add another 50% of dmg to total dmg done)

    Lightening Strike (air dmg with 25% crit chance and 10% more dmg for this spell alone added to current Air dmg bonuses of 10% from spell +42% from electrified bonus +10% exposure = 62% + 35% from Lightening Mastery and Inductance for total of 97% more base dmg and another 50% dmg if it crits)

    Neural Pod / Cloudburst (Cloudburst takes advantage of electrified adding an additional 15% per stack of electrified plus 31% for water spell bonus or 15x3+31=75% dmg bonus plus 10% from exposure another 30% from Inductance for total of 115% dmg to spell +50% if crits at 5% chance. Neural pod benefits from 42% from electrified bonus + 10% from exposure +35 more dmg from lightening Mastery and Inductance for total of 87% dmg and another 50% if crits at 15% chance).

    Use Thunder bolt to refresh electrified stack before 15 sec runs out and go back to ice shear, lightening strike, neural pod/cloudburst and repeat as needed. Packs a bit of a punch.

    AoE is using forked lighting or lightening storm to hit 4-10 targets placing electrified stack 3 times, then spam lighting field 3 times which hits up to 10 targets and chains dmg to 3 other targets within 7 meters (which can cause a snowball effect basically) but consumes 1 electrified effect per chain...so 3 lighting fields then back to forked lighting x3 and repeat to maximize dmg.

    Like they say with Stormcallers...takes a bit to build up a good storm (power) but once the storm is at full fury it can do lots of dmg



    .Edit my math was off I forgot Lightening mastery and inductance bonuses
    Last edited by Datku; 02-14-2011 at 01:18 PM.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    239

    Default

    This leads to a WAR/ELE/CHLO build.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    472

    Default

    I changed it sorry about that..

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Datku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xynvyctus View Post
    I changed it sorry about that..

    There are some changes to the SC tree that you will probably find out about tomorrow unless you have seen the leaked notes that might change how you do some things. Not touching any of those changes I would actually recommend Lightening rod and shell shock. Lightening rod will make it so your forked lightening can not be interrupted by dmg. Forked lightening is going to be one of your primary AoE spells for stacking electrified which you will want since you also have charged field and will be consuming your charges for the chain dmg. Shell shock will let your raging storm and electrocute root the target so you can get your electrified stacks up while keeping the target away from you.

    5/5 Opportunity is nice for the instant cast chance which happens fairly often but again my concern with warlock and the mana regen is the cost to health. I figure I might not have access to aoe heals and knowing how in a longer fight you can drain mana fairly quickly with SC builds giving up life for mana is risky. Don't get me wrong..I love the skill and use it religiously on my Chlor/Lock build but unless I know I will be getting heals to replace that health...I am keeping it out of my build for now. My choice is Dominator because of squirrel CC, mana wench, neural pod, and an additional knockback that with air bonuses for dmg hits pretty freaken hard for an instant cast.

    You are also boosting water dmg with some of your choices. My view is that there are limited water spells you will use...icicle and frost blast are long casts, ice shear is good, cloudburst is debatable with the nerf to its dmg last beta. Maybe with enough bonus to water you can make cloudburst worth it but not sure I would invest that many points. But again my build I use dominator and neural pod from dominator is more mana efficient and hits harder than the current cloudburst plus its air dmg so gets the air bonuses.

    Also if your 21 points into Ele if you can squeeze out one more point to get the greater elemental pet. The wind elemental has an aoe skill that will add to your over all dmg and a buff that boosts spell dmg another 15% or so for 20 seconds or something. For AoE attacks again remember most of your aoe is going to be air dmg because the water ones are low dmg and long cast times although their dmg can boost a bit with new changes but still not sure its enough to warrant such an investment in water (cold weather training, and lightening conductor and another part of your tree you will see tomorrow).

    Again just my thoughts from playing with a similar build and some experimentation.

    .
    Last edited by Datku; 02-14-2011 at 12:54 PM.

  6. #6
    Telaran Belsandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Tag for future reference .

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts