+ Reply to Thread

Thread: razer naga

Default razer naga

does anyone know if the razer naga will work with rift?

Telaran

It has so far in all the betas I have been in. It isn't really a macro, but another shortcut so I can't see it not working. Same can be said about the G15 as well.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by KozzmoKramer View Post
    It has so far in all the betas I have been in. It isn't really a macro, but another shortcut so I can't see it not working. Same can be said about the G15 as well.
    I have the Naga and I love it. Sadly, the thumb grid buttons do not function like mouse buttons. They are bound to keyboard commands.

How I have it set up is 1 - 12 are bound to ALT+f1-12 and then bind an action bar to those keys. Works just fine.

Just bought one of these will be here by wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Katur View Post
    I have the Naga and I love it. Sadly, the thumb grid buttons do not function like mouse buttons. They are bound to keyboard commands.

How I have it set up is 1 - 12 are bound to ALT+f1-12 and then bind an action bar to those keys. Works just fine.
    Please explain your imagination of those 12 keys working as a mouse buttons.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry View Post
    Please explain your imagination of those 12 keys working as a mouse buttons.
    Mouse Button events... you know,
    Mouse Button 1 = left click
    Mouse Button 3 = scroll wheel
    Mouse Button 5 = Forward
    etc.

The Thumb grid buttons are what ever Keyboard key you assign it. They can't do like "Mouse Button 12" direct input events.
    Last edited by Katur; 02-14-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Had my Naga a few weeks now, and I love it.
    I only use 9 of the 12 side buttons at the moment tho, takes a little getting used to.
    Wouldn't change it for anything though, it's great.

I bought Razer Naga for Rift and have tried it a bit. It's a bit overwhelming if you already have a lvl27 char and try to assign all Naga keys to skills at once. However, when starting a new character, you really get used to using the keys for the new skills that you slowly recieve.

The naga is most useful for skills that you can use while not having to stand still (instants), so that you won't have to do finger acrobatics on your keyboard that might have an impact on the way you are able to move your character. Therefore I will only use instants on the naga keys, and leave all keys for channeled or cast time skills on the keyboard, as I cannot move while using them anyway.

Soulwalker

I love my razer naga mouse. I use it mainly for instant casts, and use shift modifiers on a 2nd action bar

Yes, mine is working just fine. There is no addon for Rift to use with it like WoW obviously (which doesn't do much other than change the way your bars look/can be hidden anyway) but the basic function of it still works. The 1-12 buttons just correspond with 1-12 on your keyboard/action bars, so it is just moving your keyboard to your mouse.

i use the naga along side a logitch g13 and it's a beast of a combo. all the keybindings in game make it amazing to use. joystick movement, the 12 on the thumb of the naga, and being able to toss shift, alt, ctrl, etc to the g13 makes it smooth and gives me access to any and every skill i want to use. i've been using this set up since beta 3 and it's amazing. it doesn't have wow's naga interface add on from dominos, but it's not really needed. just need to know the rotation, and know where your abilities are. learn it little by little if you need. start with a new toon and inch your way up. i use all 12 of the thumb buttons, and it took me about 2 days of playing to be overly comfy with it. the g13 took a little longer to learn, but is well worth the effort. anything to make life easier is worth the time/effort put into it for the long term run imho. this set up is used in every game i play.

Run a Razer Naga and have had 0 issues with it in Rift.
    RIFT: Tharizdun - Pyro51/archmage15/dom0 - Whitefall. PR6 since 29/04/11.
    WoW: Bael - Warlock - Dragonbligth
    Warhammer: Tharizdun - Magus - Karak-Azgal, Yurtrus - Shaman - Karak-Azgal, Semuanya - White Lion - Karak-Azgal.

Warhammer Solo PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2elujlQJdVA

+ Reply to Thread