+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necromancer Build Advice

Default Necromancer Build Advice

Would anyone, anybody, like to give me some feedback on how I may improve my Necromancer build?

Link: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0VVx.xtczVtohs

Feel free to post any criticism you may have, positive or negative, on the posted build.
    Pulled over by woman cop... Didn't know kitchen had speed limit.

Whats your goal with this build?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_19 View Post
    Whats your goal with this build?
    I would say PvP, more so than PvE.

That's the main reason I selected quite a few talents which increase damage output for not just myself, but my pets.

Quote Originally Posted by NovemEnuma View Post
    I would say PvP, more so than PvE.

That's the main reason I selected quite a few talents which increase damage output for not just myself, but my pets.
    Well, your build is abit allover the place and sloppy for PvP. Seeing as we get up to 4 specs don't bother trying to appease both PvE and PvP. Pick one and stick to it. I would like to give you some general advice tho. If you're going to be deep in warlock don't bother having 0 point dominator. at 0 points Fear is better than Squirreling so go with 2 chloromancer for withering vine and R.spores or even 5 ele for Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_19 View Post
    Well, your build is abit allover the place and sloppy for PvP. Seeing as we get up to 4 specs don't bother trying to appease both PvE and PvP. Pick one and stick to it. I would like to give you some general advice tho. If you're going to be deep in warlock don't bother having 0 point dominator. at 0 points Fear is better than Squirreling so go with 2 chloromancer for withering vine and R.spores or even 5 ele for Crit.
    So... Something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...VV.xtczVtohs.V

Plane Walker

Removed for now.
    Last edited by Xynvyctus; 02-14-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NovemEnuma View Post
    That is looking better. Based on you putting points into void bolt and life leach, I assume you are going to be doing void bolt spam after dots are up then yes? That should do you fine, but just keep in mind that you are going to have to stand still while casting a few of those spells.

If you are wanting a more mobile build almost purely casting instants, maybe consider this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ck.xxcdVto0s.b

A bit of group healing with chloro instants, aoe dots with Radiate death, a couple stuns, buffed pets, shadow life for a oh crap HP boost, two 31 point talents, etc. You can adjust a few points around depending on if you want to boost your dps pets or your aoe pet. Just food for thought.

This build is very solid in theory craft, I would suggest the 5 Ele one just to try it out during the beta since DoTs now crit. It's good to try different things. I personally use a Chlor/Necro heavy build but it doesn't hurt to have your own flavor.

Also, as a necro your burst comes from your zealot and soul-purge don't waste time casting Void Bolts which leave you vulnerable. Don't bother with the Rev because too many classes in the game out right counter mages, Zealot's varied damage helps a lot against other classes far as I can tell.

If Dom's CC buffs work on fear this build wouldn't be too bad of an idea

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ck.xtfzAzk0s.b

It's stun heavy with alot of Debuffs. Most of your burst will still be your Zealot and Soul Purge but you also have an instant push back spell and a spamable instant 'burst' spell. Admittedly it's not all that bursty tho.

You should have a Necro stun that has slowdown, warlock slowdown, and a warlock stun. Your Zealot will have less HP but you will have 100% stun chance upon loosing him. That should let you instantly resummon another and heal or book it away from the fight be it something like a VK.

Actually, I'd like some criticism on this build by other people if they'd be willing.
    Last edited by mr_19; 02-14-2011 at 12:29 PM.

I'm very much looking forward to DoT's critting again as they did in earlier betas. It made a big difference to DoT damage . . . BIG.

based on the updated Calc,

I plan on trying this build for level 35 in beta 7

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRw0.xd.xtfkAzk0s.x

Comments welcome.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it's for PvP.
    Last edited by mr_19; 02-14-2011 at 03:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread