+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Deadly DoT Build

Default My Deadly DoT Build

i was playing with the DoTs before they had crits

i had very good results with my new build i'll post a link tell me what you think

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Vx.xbcxzz.Vp0x

The build is based of Death Damage/ Crits / Spell dmg %
    My gear build will be based off Endurance/ Spell Crit/ Spell power.

i hate to stay still during any fight, my build allows me to kite as needed.

Interesting build, i would take out one point in Fresh Grave and another point out in Life Bane. And put them in Consumption & Greater Consumpion. Since your pet can't level higher then 30 in your build. After that it's just worthless to summon it.

Also your pets probably won't hold your aggro in this build, especially if you start to crit.

Besides that. It will be great burst dps with some Imp. Dots. Good luck with it

Zac
    Plane Touched

I really like it, maybe -2 vitality and +1opportunity/radiate death and +1 shadow life/neddras essence as lifeguards? because:

- vitality/raised in nature/acumen only works with your base health+health from base endurance and base intelligence, not with +stats from gear/buffs... not worth it imho

I suggest looking at the change to Neddra's Influence if you really want to make a powerful DoT build, i think in the long run the point investment in Warlock would outweigh the majority of points in Necromancer. But hey! each to his own!

Mostly because Symbiote, Fresh Graves and Life Bane is fairly useless in this build.
    Last edited by RadioD; 02-14-2011 at 07:05 AM.
    -Sar'than, Oathbinder of the Blooded Stone

Quote Originally Posted by metord View Post
    i was playing with the DoTs before they had crits

i had very good results with my new build i'll post a link tell me what you think

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Vx.xbcxzz.Vp0x

The build is based of Death Damage/ Crits / Spell dmg %
    My gear build will be based off Endurance/ Spell Crit/ Spell power.

i hate to stay still during any fight, my build allows me to kite as needed.

yah this build isnt for the pets to me there just another Dot / Mana pot

Quote Originally Posted by Zac View Post
    I really like it, maybe -2 vitality and +1opportunity/radiate death and +1 shadow life/neddras essence as lifeguards? because:

- vitality/raised in nature/acumen only works with your base health+health from base endurance and base intelligence, not with +stats from gear/buffs... not worth it imho
    hmm i havnt used shadowlife yet i'll try it in Beta7

your right taking out Vitality would give more points to use for dmg

Shadowlander

I've been dying to try a good dot mage class since daoc. So if i were to roll a char with a similar build, which areas should I focus on first as I level up ?

Quote Originally Posted by kZZZ View Post
    I've been dying to try a good dot mage class since daoc. So if i were to roll a char with a similar build, which areas should I focus on first as I level up ?
    well this build is a bit tricky at the start.

once you get to about lvl 15 is where the build comes into play.

the very first skill i go for is Soul Purge.

to get to lvl 16 i used inprove void bolt and grab what little dot's i can
    i save magic affinity till later sense i dont have access to charge skill yet.

then after i hit lv15 i do a skill reset and pick up my Soul purge, magic afinity dots ect. the summon elemental tree is off limits till higher lvl40+ atleast
    Last edited by metord; 02-14-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioD View Post
    I suggest looking at the change to Neddra's Influence if you really want to make a powerful DoT build, i think in the long run the point investment in Warlock would outweigh the majority of points in Necromancer. But hey! each to his own!

Mostly because Symbiote, Fresh Graves and Life Bane is fairly useless in this build.
    I agree. Empowered Darkness is probably going to better than those points also. I'll have to test out whether or not Defile is worth the Charge but it looks promising.
    It will always baffle me that people would object to quality of life improvements and just blame it on being lazy.

+ Reply to Thread