+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How does this look for a Necro/lock/chloro build?

Soulwalker

Default How does this look for a Necro/lock/chloro build?

I was fooling around and wondered how this looked? give me some feedback:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uIzk.cfRGzsack

also any suggestions on a good, solid dps combo of souls?

Plane Touched

Hmmm...I moved some things around, I don't think you need to rely on void bolt or life leech at later stages when you have so many other options. Something like this:

NecroLock

IXI

For PvP or PvE? If you're in a group, you probably don't need as much self healing.

This one is more pet oriented, where you buff its damage.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...RVxz.EtczV0kus

This one revolves around using a burst cycle every minute with the pet being supplemental DPS.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...oqeo..RsVubk0M

3rd soul whatever the hell you want, but overall the int and end increases are nice. Dom for CC, Chloro for self healing, are both good choices.
    It's spelled "Riftdrawal", and yeah you have it.

i'm sorry, but i think ur chloromancer tree is a waste of time. Let a real chloromancer do what they need to do. Understand that lifegiving veil is useless unless u're casting life magic, which you certainly WON'T be doing. Focus on your role and let other people take care of healing you and ur pet without needing u to sacrifice damage or utility, in your chloro attempt.

Thus, there's NOTHING in the chloro tree that's going to 'make' ur class stronger. U talk about healing ur pet OR you, u have soul purge at ur disposal at NO COOLDOWN. You want to heal other people? you ALREADY have 2 healing spells.

ONLY ever use ur radiant spores, IF there's no other chloro in the raid at all. That's far far too situational and frankly, unlikely.

Chloromancer is the ONLY mage class that EVERYONE is happy with and proud of.

Soulwalker

I'm liking the lock/dom build. thanks

You can still be targeted and attacked after using Feign Death. Ive read in previous posts its pretty much a waste. Also..the detonate bones spell is questionable considering most of the time your pet will be kited or CCd..not killed..usually our pets are ignored from what Ive read.
    While Ive seen my pet asplode and stun the target..its only for two seconds and the damage it causes is usually healed by someone..somewhere.

Something to think about.

Edit: I would fully spec into healing slipstream to make bloom an insta. definitely.(while its a small heal for approx 400-600 it's nice to cast while running away)P.s. that 4-600 number depends on level (34) and also other talents you could spec into to increase the power of healing spells.
    Last edited by Ticklepink; 02-14-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Plane Walker

definitely go 2/2 Healing SLipstream.

also, if you can muster another 5 points into chloro, you will get antoher insta-cast heal (huuuge)

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    definitely go 2/2 Healing SLipstream.

also, if you can muster another 5 points into chloro, you will get antoher insta-cast heal (huuuge)

which heal is that? A friend told me that Phytogenesis isa really nice group heal. He said it was great to see the green numbers rising from all your allies in PvP..said it was really effective.
    Last edited by Ticklepink; 02-14-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    which heal is that? A friend told me that Phytogenesis isa really nice group heal. He said it was great to see the green numbers rising from all your allies in PvP..said it was really effective.
    flourish.

it all depends on what your build is desigend for. the good news is that you can swap between 4 different roles on the fly, so you could make yourslef a spec for warfronts, one for solo PVE, and nother for group pve, and another. Phytogenesis is basically a must-have talent if you go chloromancer, so definitely keep that one.

also, detonate bones is utterly useless and self-defeating.

basically, you have 2 options with your spec for improving it:

1. only go 8 points in chloromancer for the free insta-cast heal, stick another point in warlock for the 5s silence (pretty hueg) and then put some more points in necromancer.
    2. go 16 points in necromancer for the 2 isnta-cast heals, natural conversion (beast against casters once you get to know what their more powerful spells are), Life giving veil, and to get some extra group utility as an off-healer,
    drop some points in warlock, and clean up necromancer to get a little more bang for your buck.

essentially, you can either push out more DPS, or you can get more survivabiltiy adn group/warfront utility.

personally Id rather have survivability. The less I am dead the more effective i am.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    personally Id rather have survivability. The less I am dead the more effective i am.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...uVzk.bjMhksqoz

thats a general build, that would be good for just about everything. if you were doing warfronts, you could drop synthesis and natures touch and drop em in Nature's Conversion.

for necro, can't get better than that for the amount of points spent.

with warlock, you're gunna lose out on some dps for sure by moving 5 points into chloromancer, but your survivability will be increased pretty noticably.

You could move some things here and there depending on context, but this'll serve ya quite well i reckon

Plane Touched

I second that build above. The only question I have is about the changes to Neddra's Torture.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerLord View Post
    I second that build above. The only question I have is about the changes to Neddra's Torture.
    they neutered it. it's useless outside of a 20 man raid, adn even still, only provides a marginal difference.

if its a 3% bonus, that means that 34 offensive spells would need to be cast in those 20 seconds to "break even" for using that ability. COnsidering it effects only magical damage, that really, really limits its benefit. IMO, it's not even worth taking.

Just remember to never buff yourself with Lifegiving Veil. When you have it up, you cannot be healed by other Chloromancers.

+ Reply to Thread