+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any information on higher level spells or damage coeficients?

Soulwalker

Default any information on higher level spells or damage coeficients?

i am trying to get data on higher level versions of spells, especially if casting times go up. i am also looking for data on spell damage coefficients, not wow data, but rift data.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

for example, can anyone tell me if fireball starts getting a longer casting time at higher levels? at lower levels it seems over all a little weak.

It all depends..look at the different soul trees. You can see that certain soul trees offer spells and buffs that shorten cast times of all spells and damage of all spells(depending on how many points you put into that tree. Some offer specific extra heals for other trees)..It depends really on which souls you use and what synergy they have with your other souls.
    Last edited by Ticklepink; 02-14-2011 at 01:04 AM.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Fireball, ah yes. The ball of flames.

I've come to realize that you won't get much done with spaming Fireball alone. You spam Fireball to get procs. It's the procs you want! PROCS I TELL YOU!

Soulwalker

so fireball is always a base 2 second cast? higher level fireballs do not have a higher cast time

The only way "I think" that you could shorten Fireballs cast time is to spec into "opportunity"(Warlock tree) and then hope that someone interrupts your fireball therefore insuring the next cast would be an insta.
    Last edited by Ticklepink; 02-14-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smilingsaint View Post
    i am trying to get data on higher level versions of spells, especially if casting times go up. i am also looking for data on spell damage coefficients, not wow data, but rift data.

for example, can anyone tell me if fireball starts getting a longer casting time at higher levels? at lower levels it seems over all a little weak.
    The cast times, as far as I know, remain the same throughout all ranks. It can be modified by certain talents, of course. As far as coefficients go, I'm not sure anyone knows except the devs. I would like to know the formula as well if the devs are listening.
    It will always baffle me that people would object to quality of life improvements and just blame it on being lazy.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by smilingsaint View Post

We'll have a much better idea of elemenal mage damage after open beta.

EQ1 preLuclin, Saryrn
    WoW preWotLK, Terenas
    Vangaurd preAPW, Woefeather

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    The only way "I think" that you could shorten Fireballs cast time is to spec into "opportunity"(Warlock tree) and then hope that someone interrupts your fireball therefore insuring the next cast would be an insta.
    "Ignition" in the first rank of branch abilities in Pyromancer brings down the cast time of all fire spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmed View Post
    "Ignition" in the first rank of branch abilities in Pyromancer brings down the cast time of all fire spells.
    Yes Thank you..I'm sure I would have discovered that but there is soo d*** much to keep up with. TBH I love the fact that we can tailor our class to our specific play style but it gets a little hard for me to remember every single talent after getting each soul and trying each one out

Fireball Spell goes up to 2.5 seconds I think.
    I say that because I've put 5 points to reduce casting time of firespells by 20% and it would creep up... from 1.7...1.8...1.9... then 2 seconds cast time.
    I say with 90% confidence that fireball cast time is 2.5 secs after u rank it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyght View Post
    Fireball Spell goes up to 2.5 seconds I think.
    I say that because I've put 5 points to reduce casting time of firespells by 20% and it would creep up... from 1.7...1.8...1.9... then 2 seconds cast time.
    I say with 90% confidence that fireball cast time is 2.5 secs after u rank it up.
    hmmm I wonder why. Is there anything that states that it goes up with increased damage? That's a stinker if not!

well, it really does hit hard compared to any other 2 sec or 2.5 sec spell out there. Once u spec the 1st five points and get it down to 2 secs, it's usable in any situation, and can later proc alot of fireblasts.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    opportunity doesn't work like that. That is a skill in the archmage tree, that you cannot get till level 50.

Opportunity makes it so that, on cast, you have a 10% chance to make your next non instant cast spell, instant. In essence you can throw a fireball, procc opportunity, throw cinder burst, procc opportunity, throw fireball, and procc it again, or even procc pyro armor. etc. Opportunity is insanely good for pyro.

Plane Touched

Opportunity allows the Pyro to occasionally win the lottery and just go nuts.

Sweet! Thanks for the clarification. I learn a few things very day with the mage soul trees..i absolutely love how Rift has set up classes.

+ Reply to Thread