+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Radaint Spores Overide

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Phantam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    125

    Default Radaint Spores Overide

    I have a feeling quite a few mages will take a 0 pt clhoro as their 3rd calling.
    Does anyone know if Radiant spores overrides the Improved radiant spores (pythogenesis)?
    Because I can already see how frustrating all that radiant spore spamming from many mages will become for Full Main soul chloro's if it overrides the improved one.

    I dont ever see them allowing all of the spores to stack ether this would be Op. imagine a few or more separate 15% chances to proc off the same enemy.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantam View Post
    I have a feeling quite a few mages will take a 0 pt clhoro as their 3rd calling.
    Does anyone know if Radiant spores overrides the Improved radiant spores (pythogenesis)?
    Because I can already see how frustrating all that radiant spore spamming from many mages will become for Full Main soul chloro's if it overrides the improved one.

    I dont ever see them allowing all of the spores to stack ether this would be Op. imagine a few or more separate 15% chances to proc off the same enemy.
    I doubt mages will bother casting a 0pt spore in raid setting. Without the added buffs the healing from it would be so negligible.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Phantam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barov View Post
    I doubt mages will bother casting a 0pt spore in raid setting. Without the added buffs the healing from it would be so negligible.
    Perhaps not an organized raid but they definitely would in the Rift open raids, and also in warfronts.

  4. #4
    Rift Master xcipher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    528

    Default

    I use chlo for my pve spec for the 0 point heal, but in a raid I wouldn't bother casting it unless I was the only mage.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantam View Post
    Perhaps not an organized raid but they definitely would in the Rift open raids, and also in warfronts.
    I guess but if it's not best spore overwrites (which it definitely should be) I assume people will learn not to cast it if there is an actual chloro in the group, then again people can be stupid /shrug

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Well, in rifts/invasions my RS quite often does get over-written. Whether that's by another Chloro with Phytogenesis trained or not, I can't tell. The hope would be that it's at best getting over-written by the same quality of RS.... but given the stacking we've seen so far in Rift, I wouldn't bet on it.

    X

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Phantam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barov View Post
    I guess but if it's not best spore overwrites (which it definitely should be) I assume people will learn not to cast it if there is an actual chloro in the group, then again people can be stupid /shrug
    yeah that's what I wanna know if anyone can confirm if best spores overrides.

    People can most definitely be stupid idk if you played beta 6 but that definitely proves people don't pay attention to stuff
    Rift boss stoneskin buff is a good example. plus its not easy to tell everyone's class at first glance. sure calling is easy but specifics are harder, looking at buffs is the way I do it. Im used to that way from eq2 pvp.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantam View Post
    yeah that's what I wanna know if anyone can confirm if best spores overrides.

    People can most definitely be stupid idk if you played beta 6 but that definitely proves people don't pay attention to stuff
    Rift boss stoneskin buff is a good example. plus its not easy to tell everyone's class at first glance. sure calling is easy but specifics are harder, looking at buffs is the way I do it. Im used to that way from eq2 pvp.
    Whats the stoneskin buff, is that in IT? Never ran that one.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Phantam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barov View Post
    Whats the stoneskin buff, is that in IT? Never ran that one.
    No it was on some Rift boss's, where the boss would get a buff on him that prevented damage, and the only way to remove the buff was get him out of combat. The buff clearly stated it wore off once out of combat for a bit, But people kept engaging him anyways after a bunch of people kept saying not to engage. people made the fights very messy.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Right now, it's on a last-cast basis, no regard to strength. Same thing with synthesis, a very low level unspec'd synthesis can overwrite a max level one, quickly killing a tank.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantam View Post
    No it was on some Rift boss's, where the boss would get a buff on him that prevented damage, and the only way to remove the buff was get him out of combat. The buff clearly stated it wore off once out of combat for a bit, But people kept engaging him anyways after a bunch of people kept saying not to engage. people made the fights very messy.
    Ah, rarely did the rift boss events.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Phantam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerLord View Post
    Right now, it's on a last-cast basis, no regard to strength. Same thing with synthesis, a very low level unspec'd synthesis can overwrite a max level one, quickly killing a tank.
    I hope they are aware of how lame this is. :/

    Hopefully this is how it works with every buff, and thier planning a fix.

    Edit: What I mean by that is, hopefully overides are not something exclusivly intended for chloros.

    Rank and soul points into buffs should account for wether it can overide or not.
    Last edited by Phantam; 02-13-2011 at 11:43 PM.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched DreadShinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantam View Post
    No it was on some Rift boss's, where the boss would get a buff on him that prevented damage, and the only way to remove the buff was get him out of combat. The buff clearly stated it wore off once out of combat for a bit, But people kept engaging him anyways after a bunch of people kept saying not to engage. people made the fights very messy.
    The stone skin buff can be purged off by an inquisitor or (I'm guessing here, only tested it with an inquisitor, any other class with buff removal). Remove the stoneskin with purge and he goes down FAST.

    Okita 60 Rogue l Creiddy 60 Cleric l Sacaen 60 Warr l Shiiun 60 Mage

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    The way ALL buffs/debuffs work are currently last cast wins. Even your super END buff or scroll will be overwritten if someone has an AoE END buff. Happens ALL the time. As a Chloro main, ive seen this exact thing through 4 betas now. I havent heard any motion to change this to date.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madddmikey View Post
    The way ALL buffs/debuffs work are currently last cast wins. Even your super END buff or scroll will be overwritten if someone has an AoE END buff. Happens ALL the time. As a Chloro main, ive seen this exact thing through 4 betas now. I havent heard any motion to change this to date.
    Wow that really should be changed. Especially with this class type where there will be a lot of people overwriting fully specced buffs with their 0pt abilities......ya that's pretty dumb......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts