Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Challenge the Warrior

Default Challenge the Warrior

My 2 favorite mage killing builds:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...0zz.xezofzwkzz

Empower + Titan's Strike NUFF SAID

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...zz.xMszdsMutdz

RiftBlade + VK =.. 100% ranged assault.. Nuff said

[Do realize with a 2 sec class change I can switch between these two at any time]

If you attempt to troll me with no experience as to the possible rotations of these builds be prepared for massive in-detail rebuttals to which you will not desire to read. On the other hand, relevant comments are welcomed.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit, there's no point in being a damn fool about it.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...guards-vendors.
    Does this make me a Defiant Super Villain?

Plane Touched

Champion

How will you handle being snared 60%-75% at all times against a stormcaller/ele? I mean if this is 1v1. If you get the drop sure, but if they get the drop on you..

In group.. I guess same deal. Your range vs a stormcaller's range is.. a decent sized gap when you consider the snares and the stormcaller's 50% incombat movement speed. Sure it uses charges, but you can gain charges while it is on as well.

Didn't you go through this on the warrior section?
    Last edited by kuggy; 02-13-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Shadowlander

Default lol

I think someone is feeling their epeen. Unfortunately, I forsee a nerf coming especially to Riftblade.
    But it's ok, like they say at the zoo, everyone wave to the monkey!!

Sunder is in Open Recruitment and accepting all Archetypes/Roles - Visit www.sunder-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by kuggy View Post
    How will you handle being snared 60%-75% at all times against a stormcaller/ele? I mean if this is 1v1. If you get the drop sure, but if they get the drop on you..

In group.. I guess same deal. Your range vs a stormcaller's range is.. a decent sized gap when you consider the snares and the stormcaller's 50% incombat movement speed. Sure it uses charges, but you can gain charges while it is on as well.

Didn't you go through this on the warrior section?
    Lol.. your only defense against this is snare?.. What a joke. You'd be dead in 3 hits, not long enough to kite, though I doubt you can kite Battle field intimidation anyway.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit, there's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
    Lol.. your only defense against this is snare?.. What a joke. You'd be dead in 3 hits, not long enough to kite, though I doubt you can kite Battle field intimidation anyway.
    So your ranged abilities have a 35m range, not 20m, correct?

rename the thread to "Challenge the Fail Balancing"

Shadowlander

My 2 favorite mage killing builds:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...0zz.xezofzwkzz

Empower + Titan's Strike NUFF SAID

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...zz.xMszdsMutdz

RiftBlade + VK =.. 100% ranged assault.. Nuff said

[Do realize with a 2 sec class change I can switch between these two at any time]

If you attempt to troll me with no experience as to the possible rotations of these builds be prepared for massive in-detail rebuttals to which you will not desire to read. On the other hand, relevant comments are welcomed.
    Hmmm, So i suppose you have a level 50 character and have tested the pvp side of the game to it's fullest extent? No, I thought not. You have absoloutly no idea how pvp is going to work out end-game, you're build has no relevance until then nor do your statements. All you do is theorycraft and troll anybody who tries to counter your build. Which is already obvious to everyone that warriors are faceroll at the moment in BETA.

So, until you have actual proof your build works at level 50 against every single mage build possible, you can keep your theorycrafting to yourself. You're just another guy who thinks hes good at his class, but infact fails.

That's right, I fed the troll.

So your ranged abilities have a 35m range, not 20m, correct?
    You realize I have 2 anti-snares + immune to snares for 1/3 of the fight and bullrush(Which roots you) along with Rift Summon(Also roots)? All I have to do is spell break the snares off and bullrush you and your chances of escaping my range will be severely reduced for the remainder of the battle. It's different but a similar result with the RB combo. Endgame warriors will not be fully kite-able.
    Last edited by Harmless; 02-13-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuros View Post
    Hmmm, So i suppose you have a level 50 character and have tested the pvp side of the game to it's fullest extent? No, I thought not. You have absoloutly no idea how pvp is going to work out end-game, you're build has no relevance until then nor do your statements. All you do is theorycraft and troll anybody who tries to counter your build. Which is already obvious to everyone that warriors are faceroll at the moment in BETA.

So, until you have actual proof your build works at level 50 against every single mage build possible, you can keep your theorycrafting to yourself. You're just another guy who thinks hes good at his class, but infact fails.

That's right, I fed the troll.
    Lol dude.. all the abilities in these specs have been tested, by me as well. Do any of these have 44 or 51 point specs? No. Also did I say it'd work against EVERY mage spec? Of course not, I issued a challenge and you have turned up nothing against it. Everything you've said could have and should have been made into a PM. And no class is OP in group warfare, ANYONE can be focus fired to death in 3 seconds so that's irrelevant. Most skills that will be nerfed HAVE been nerfed so it's easy to comprehend how 1v1 fights will work endgame. My builds are not theory crafting, they're possible, the combos are easily executed, and they're deadly. Whether you wish to comprehend this is up to you.

Champion

You realize I have 2 anti-snares + immune to snares for 1/3 of the fight and bullrush(Which roots you) along with Rift Summon(Also roots)? All I have to do is spell break the snares off and bullrush you and you'll never get out of my range till you die. It's different but a similar result with the RB combo.
    So... During those 6 seconds.. if I hit my 50% run speed.. and move faster than you.. in combat...

I see one that you can use every 15s. Another 30s, for breaking snares, and if vindicator, 5m cooldown one.

Again, how are you catching me? Also i got instants, plenty of them.

This is all fun to me but you are about to approach such a situational, combat situation...

So... During those 6 seconds.. if I hit my 50% run speed.. and move faster than you.. in combat...

I see one that you can use every 15s. Another 30s, for breaking snares, and if vindicator, 5m cooldown one.

Again, how are you catching me? Also i got instants, plenty of them.

This is all fun to me but you are about to approach such a situational, combat situation...
    Catch you?.. Roots, I've already stated. I can keep you rooted for 10 seconds with Bull + Intimidation + Rift Summon. And have you forgotten you cannot cast while fleeing while I can mana drain if you intend to run? It's all a matter of flow. Whether you stand still or not is the basis for what I do, if you try to kite me I will simply mana drain till you crumble, if you stay and fight I will titan strike you. It's not situational I believe, since I've done with many times. And before you post I think you should take a look at a Proper timing + Empower Titan's strike combo.
    Last edited by Harmless; 02-13-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Champion

Catch you?.. Roots, I've already stated. I can keep you rooted for 10 seconds with Bull + Intimidation + Rift Summon. And have you forgotten you cannot cast while fleeing while I can mana drain if you intend to run? It's all a matter of flow. Whether you stand still or not is the basis for what I do, if you try to kite me I will simply mana drain till you crumble, if you stay and fight I will titan strike you. It's not situational I believe, since I've done with many times.
    You can't.. wrap your mind around this can you? This was why I felt you learned in the warrior section. You aren;t in range to mana drain me. You aren't in range to root me. Nor can you bullrush, grab me to you, or anything else. You become immune to magic damage for 6 seconds? You still cannot catch me.

In any pvp situation a stormcaller will always keep charge for the incombat movement speed. That is like stealth for most rogue souls. ALL of your root abilities need you to get within 20m of me. However mine 35m of you. Even then, you cannot increase your movement speed unless you are 20m range of me.

I am not a lock or chloro. Not going to try and outheal your dmg and get sucked into your anti magic range. Not a pyro, who will try and root you and nuke you down. I play a stormcaller. I don't stand there. I don't wait for you to even get close enough. I don't have to. My snaring, rooting, and movement speed increases for me are self sustainable.

What do you not grasp? We come full circle. If you get the drop on me by a flank, the fight is yours. Otherwise, you by yourself has no chance of taking a proper stormcaller out. Your spec is limited by range that stormcaller's can control.

Shadowlander

Default congrats

The point i think people are trying to make is that you have played PART of your build versus mages who have also played PART of their builds. You haven't played either of the cominations you've posted AS you posted them (lvl 50 builds) versus a Mage who was able to play a FULL build against what you posted. I'd suggest coming back after you've played a talented mage AT lvl 50 when YOURE level 50.

I'm sorry that you don't have anyone to give a Valentines Day present to, but that's no reason to come into the mage forum with your theory based build and pretend you are a god among men. Yes, both of the builds you linked are theory at this point because you aren't lvl 50.

Your whole post is like the guy who can face smash in pvp in a particular 10 level bracket and thinks he's awesome. It's just as bad as the people who are QQ'ing in here because mages are sub-par dps and need to be buffed.

Anyway have a great one, my only regret is that I haven't found a way to /block on forums or you'd surely be the first

Sunder is in Open Recruitment and accepting all Archetypes/Roles - Visit www.sunder-guild.com

Shadowlander

are you taking into account diminishing returns on your cc? I think it's currently impossible to keep someone cc'd for 10 seconds. (if you are chaining the cc i mean.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast