+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Lich Form- BIG red Bullseye.

  1. #1
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default Lich Form- BIG red Bullseye.

    Anyone else seem to think that perhaps Lich Form is a bad thing because of the appearance change?

    When in Warfronts going Lich Form seemed to announce to the other side "Time to kill me!! my damage is increased by 30%!!"

    It just seemed to draw attention to me that otherwise I didn't need as a mage. Anyone else find that it draws attention to you?

    Maybe they could simply add a lich" aura" (something not as noticeable).

    While I love the Lich form and appearance..I probably wont opt into that skill if it sends a blaring message to the opposing team to kill me.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  2. #2
    Shadowlander Cham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    20

    Default

    If it's you and the fang carrier, and you pop lich form and the other team dps's you to death, but your fang carrier gets away, your job has been performed excellently. If they keep on the carrier and you're able to kill a few of them to even the numbers before help arrives, again, job well done.

    just some food for thought

  3. #3
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    ...yea..I guess i could use it to my benefit..I hadn't thought about it that way..hmm
    Last edited by Ticklepink; 02-13-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Harmless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Glendale, CA.
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    Anyone else seem to think that perhaps Lich Form is a bad thing because of the appearance change?

    When in Warfronts going Lich Form seemed to announce to the other side "Time to kill me!! my damage is increased by 30%!!"

    It just seemed to draw attention to me that otherwise I didn't need as a mage. Anyone else find that it draws attention to you?

    Maybe they could simply add a lich" aura" (something not as noticeable).

    While I love the Lich form and appearance..I probably wont opt into that skill if it sends a blaring message to the opposing team to kill me.
    Maybe if that Aura is more noticeable than a Sabo bomb. If not than no, this ability requires an alert. It's bad enough you can't tell what class someone is by looking at them. You could be thinking you're attacking a pyromancer and end up dead because it was a dominator that chastised you to death.
    Last edited by Harmless; 02-13-2011 at 09:02 PM.

    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit, there's no point in being a damn fool about it.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...guards-vendors.
    Does this make me a Defiant Super Villain?

  5. #5
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
    Maybe if that Aura is more noticeable than a Sabo bomb. If not than no, this ability requires an alert. It's bad enough you can't tell what class someone is by looking at them. You could be thinking you're attacking a pyromancer and end up dead because it was a dominator that chastised you to death.
    ..True..i have made that mistake before..which also leads me to ask if there has been a call to add an icon to a persons image denoting their class?..anything like that?
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Harmless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Glendale, CA.
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    ..True..i have made that mistake before..which also leads me to ask if there has been a call to add an icon to a persons image denoting their class?..anything like that?
    Oh I would treasure the day they add that forever.

    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit, there's no point in being a damn fool about it.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...guards-vendors.
    Does this make me a Defiant Super Villain?

  7. #7
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    I know from other MMOs Ive played (like AION) there was a little purple book for sorcerer.. or a red blade for Gladiator etc to the upper left of the little picture.(made it easier to know what you were shooting at) but perhaps the Devs of Rift don't want to make things that easy for us.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Harmless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Glendale, CA.
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    I know from other MMOs Ive played (like AION) there was a little purple book for sorcerer.. or a red blade for Gladiator etc to the upper left of the little picture.(made it easier to know what you were shooting at) but perhaps the Devs of Rift don't want to make things that easy for us.
    Yes, they plan on us resorting to memorization by repeated battles. Since most expert PvPers will find a build they play more often then not and we just have to make connections of player name and build. It'll work in open world but it'll still be a "What's that" fest in cross-server warfronts.

    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit, there's no point in being a damn fool about it.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...guards-vendors.
    Does this make me a Defiant Super Villain?

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Diggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    166

    Default

    If you're smart you can figure out someones class

    1) by looking at them
    2) looking at the first spell they cast

    Lich form isnt anything special. Anyone that knows PVP is going to be checking the scoreboard to see who the biggest threats are, not who looks like a lich.

    If you want to see what being a target feels like, roll a Behmi Cleric...thats truely walking around with a bullseye on your backbulleyes

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Vicidous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Sh!t that dudes got red eyes! Fkkkkn push his sh!t in
    Raithe - Paragon PVE DPS, Champ PVP, Reaver Tank

    The pity train has just derailed @ the intersection of suck it up & move on, and crashed into we all have problems, before coming to a complete stop @ get the heck over it. Any complaints about how we operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-wa wa wa with Dr. Sniffle reporting live from Quitchur B1tching.


  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Shhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Honestly since the servers are linked up 4 at a time it's pretty easy to start recognizing the key players in a warfront and setting a priority list of targets. Not lich form. I wish it would be permanent tbh.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Harmless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Glendale, CA.
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diggles View Post
    If you're smart you can figure out someones class

    1) by looking at them
    2) looking at the first spell they cast
    Replace smart with Instinctive Genius/Rift-Obsessed/Video-Graphic Memory/God. Then your post will make more sense.

    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit, there's no point in being a damn fool about it.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...guards-vendors.
    Does this make me a Defiant Super Villain?

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    I know from other MMOs Ive played (like AION) there was a little purple book for sorcerer.. or a red blade for Gladiator etc to the upper left of the little picture.(made it easier to know what you were shooting at) but perhaps the Devs of Rift don't want to make things that easy for us.
    The problem is that no one is just one class, they are 3 classes at once. I mean you could show the one with most points in it but even then that is only a part of the picture, and if they have points evenly split then what?

  14. #14
    Rift Master xcipher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Na I like that you change form or whats the point of going LIch

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Part of the fun of 3 souls is using the 3rd soul as camouflage. Add in the ability to swap in 3 totally new souls with just a quick break of combat, and you can really mess with peoples' heads.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts