+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromancer/Dominator

Plane Touched

Post Chloromancer/Dominator

What do you guys think About 38 Chloromancer/ 28 Dominator for PvP?
    Hoping that I can bring some support/control/utility to the warfront.

Any thoughts?

Edit: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...kRo.MsmzikRMbz
    That's what I was thinking.
    Last edited by Shmuck; 02-13-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Plane Touched

The same thought occurred to me that these would be the best two classes to pair with Mage for PvP purposes. The Dominator in particular seems very PvP centric: how often do you expect to use Priest's Lament in PvE? The Chloromancer's healing is good and they aren't particularly lacking offensively either, so they're a good pick for PvP purposes.

But, if we're talking PvP, you'll probably want to pull some points back and invest it into Archmage.
    Last edited by geldonyetich; 02-13-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Soulwalker

This is definitely an intriguing setup that I'd like to test out at end-game...what role would you be playing in PvP?

It seems like 1v1 this would be difficult to use, and in groups it seems like the damage output wouldn't be all that great. So, more of a support/healing role with occasional attacks?

I would definitely want to build into the Archmage tree, as it gets decent higher up (Nevvin's Lament).

If you decide to go the support route, what about Archon, for buffs, instead of Archmage?
    If you want more damage output while keeping healing, what about Chloro/Warlock/Archmage or Chloro/Warlock/Archon? Warlock would still offer some CC with Fear. Or Chloro/Pyro/Archon (as the latter two have great synergy)?
    Last edited by Asclepius; 02-13-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    This is definitely an intriguing setup that I'd like to test out at end-game...what role would you be playing in PvP?

It seems like 1v1 this would be difficult to use, and in groups it seems like the damage output wouldn't be all that great. So, more of a support/healing role with occasional attacks?

I would definitely want to build into the Archmage tree, as it gets decent higher up (Nevvin's Lament).

If you decide to go the support route, what about Archon, for buffs, instead of Archmage?
    If you want more damage output while keeping healing, what about Chloro/Warlock/Archmage or Chloro/Warlock/Archon? Warlock would still offer some CC with Fear. Or Chloro/Pyro/Archon (as the latter two have great synergy)?

"more of a support/healing role with occasional attacks?" Yeah, This is basically what i'm lookin for. I want to be really affective on the warfront by supporting my team mates and getting control, but still be able to somewhat hold my own in a 1v1 and help offensively.

Edit: This is another build I made to try and suit this type of gameplay. It's got a lot of points into warlock instead of more in dominator..
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...IkRR.xx0Azoq.M
    Last edited by Shmuck; 02-13-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Plane Touched

Bumping post.

Telaran

I just wanted to add, as a Chloro you need to pump only life dmg to make the most of your class. Using dps skills out of any other soul will be self-gimping. I run 'lock secondary to my Chloro main ONLY really for 'life to mana' and lock armor. (not to mention the charge builder and instant casts in the tree are awesome additions to the Charge heavy Chloro tree) If your really pushing PVP, your 3rd soul should be the PVP soul for the crit/dmg mit at the least!

w/o life to mana youll ALWAYS be outta mana. w/ it you have an endless pool.

Edit: Heres my build for you... Im currently 35 with over 500 spell power. But this is my 50 point goal. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...q.xdIukAczo.VM
    *the 31 tree ability is SO gimp, keep in mind if your not doing (life) dmg, you arent healing
    Last edited by madddmikey; 02-14-2011 at 12:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread