+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Archon: New Spell [Anger Management]

Rift Disciple

Default Archon: New Spell [Anger Management]

I took what i posted in another thread of mine and revamped it a bit. Sorry for a slight double post.

The spell [Anger Management] In detail:

Places a buff on a Player or Pet that diverts 20% of the Archons Agro to that player or pet.

Uses:

Dungeon and Raids:

Allows the Archon to provide a Unique Buff that allows a Tank or a Off-Tank to hold agro for pulls and boss fights.

Solo and Questing:

Allows the Archon to Provide a buff to his/her pet allowing it to hold agro while the Archon levels up.

The spell doesn't actually exist but give a thumbs up if you think it should be implemented.

Let's see if we can get 300 Thumbs up =D

Last edited by xineo; 02-13-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xineo View Post
    Allows the Archon to provide a Unique Buff that allows a Tank or a Off-Tank to hold agro for pulls and boss fights.
    Nothing unique about this I'm afraid. Saboteurs have Incriminate which transfers all threat to a selected target.

20% (nothing) of the archon's agro (not much) equals a pretty useless spell. i think you need a much higher %
    Last edited by Denny Crane; 02-13-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tenison_Grey View Post
    Nothing unique about this I'm afraid. Saboteurs have Incriminate which transfers all threat to a selected target.
    This is a buff not a agro dump.

It would be like Chloromancers synthesis except for healing you would be applying threat to a tank every time you do dmg.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    20% (nothing) of the archon's agro (not much) equals a pretty useless spell
    Lol 20% is just a variable that can be changed.

Mandatory aggro management buff is bad. I don't want my group to disband b/c we don't have an archon. Not another EQ2 where a chanter/bard is deemed required for even dungeon group even though I myself was an illusionist.

yeah maybe 20% at level 1, to 100% at level 5, allowing a complete agro transfer, but even then still not sure how useful it would be in raids because archons don't really generate much agro, may not be enough to affect a tank

i think it would work better with just a straight /increases targets threat by x% buff rather than transferring the archon's
    Last edited by Denny Crane; 02-13-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    Mandatory aggro management buff is bad. I don't want my group to disband b/c we don't have an archon. Not another EQ2 where a chanter/bard is deemed required for even dungeon group even though I myself was an illusionist.
    So many pessimistic's.
    The idea is to give something the Archon Soul can attribute since they are lackluster right now.

And tank's holding agro is major importance that Archon could simply attribute to.
    I'm not saying make the Archon focused around this, just something that it can attribute.

@ Denny

The reason i went this route instead of a buff that would straight up increase a targets threat is because this would be able to get Archon's more involved.
    It would allow the Archons Dmg rotation to matter because of the threat diversion from damage.
    Last edited by xineo; 02-13-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xineo View Post
    So many pessimistic's.
    The idea is to give something the Archon Soul can attribute since they are lackluster right now.
    Why did you say they are lacking.

Archon buffs group and raid, and are useful for min/max raiding environment. Not so needed for group since their buffs will be augmented more if more people can benefit. Imagine in a raid, you have a dps group, a mt group, etc. An archon can have buffs unique to benefit his group.

My worry is archon might be too mandatory and a raid need 1 for each group.

Rift Disciple

Why did you say they are lacking.

Archon buffs group and raid, and are useful for min/max raiding environment. Not so needed for group since their buffs will be augmented more if more people can benefit. Imagine in a raid, you have a dps group, a mt group, etc. An archon can have buffs unique to benefit his group.

From many other posts that's completely the opposite.
    Because Archon genuinely has to debuff themselves in order to buff the group.
    While a Bard can buff himself and the group with buffs that are closely the same to archons.

So what i feel is lackluster is that why should a group chose a Archon debuffing himself when they could just chose a Bard.

Then that's why i created the Spell [Anger Management]:
    It's something that we can provide as a buff that no other class/soul can.
    Last edited by xineo; 02-13-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Thumbs up

Sounds like an interesting idea. Tanks would hold aggro better so everyone would win. Though tanks do hold aggro well least in the grouping I have done.
    Last edited by rebeldemon; 02-13-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: terrible spelling

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rebeldemon View Post
    Sounds like an interesting idea. Tanks would hold aggro better so everyone would win. Though tanks do hold aggro well least in the grouping I have done.
    Ya, the way i'm trying to see is that it would be usefull at lvl 18 when new tanks are trying to get grip on agro holding in fae and IT.

At end-game when players start to gear up and there dmg increases it could put stress on a tank to hold agro and would also be useful for guild progression as new and harder content comes out. I wouldn't be sure but with all the class combo's it seems like some combo's could pull off some huge dps and generate some threat.
    Last edited by xineo; 02-13-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Zac
    Plane Touched

Some Dev stated in one podcast, they design raid content with the expectation of the availability of 'all' buffs/debuffs.

The range of archon auras are 35m with 'favored ally', should be enough, as the pve encounters probably are design with the range of abilities in mind.

Plane Walker

as i posted in another thread, I dont really see a need for this spell. WHen was the last time you saw anyone take aggro from the mob the MT was tanking? Hate-generation for tanks in this game is pretty significant and is fine as-is.

I'd much rather see us get a new spell that would actually be used.

RGz
    Soulwalker

i'll support any buff for the Archon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast