+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chloro healing 2H tankI vs dual tank

Shadowlander

Default chloro healing 2H tankI vs dual tank

so, as a chloro I am trying to help my buddie what role will work best to keep him healed as a tank. and i just have a couple questions...

1) I have heard dual weilding usually ends up being a little more dps vs the 2 handers in game, if this is true overall healing should be increase just by doing the simple math, more dps = more healing

2) using 2 swords vs 1 means more individual weapon swings. since you only have a certain percentage chance ot get healed, the more u swing, the more your chances of getting healed, right?

anyways, just looking for more opinions on this.

thanks!!

Well your logic is a little bit off, since dual wielding swings each hit for much less damage than a twohander does... so he'll be healed more often from Spores, but for less health on an individual basis.

For the most part, tanking with a shield means he'll take quite a bit less damage in the first place. I know that in the last beta, when instance mobs had their damage scaled up, a healer trying to keep a 2hander tank alive was in trouble without a bard or other backup healer present. I believe the damage increase is being lowered a bit, but that might still be the case.

Radiant Spores will only account for a small portion of the healing on a tank. Your lifegiving veil (and synthesis) will contribute a lot more, so the tank's DPS is really not a big factor in how much healing he will receive. His top priority should be minimizing the amount of damage he takes in the first place, and his secondary concern should be maintaining aggro on everything. Only after those two things are taken care of should he worry about his DPS.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Rift Disciple

hmm i think Radiant Spores would benefit more from dual wielding.

With Talents radiant spores chance to heal on dmg is 30% so i assume that would be 30% for both weapons.

So the increased likely hood the tank would heal himself would probably add up faster than a 2h.

Shadowlander

oh, no sorry. I didnt mean to not include using nukes and synth, but I meant specifically in regard to radiant spores. Yes, i know that is going to be a secondary means but I just wonder what will be a higher healing value (on average)

obviously the 2 hander is throwing out harder hits and more heals, when spores trigger. but the smaller damage 2 handers are hitting twice as much with theoretical 2x the healing (which if all things were exactly equal and u didnt factor in misses / parries / dodge etc etc should come out to be the same)

I just wonder about the math and which one seems to average out better

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by B-R-A-E-D-O View Post
    oh, no sorry. I didnt mean to not include using nukes and synth, but I meant specifically in regard to radiant spores. Yes, i know that is going to be a secondary means but I just wonder what will be a higher healing value (on average)

obviously the 2 hander is throwing out harder hits and more heals, when spores trigger. but the smaller damage 2 handers are hitting twice as much with theoretical 2x the healing (which if all things were exactly equal and u didnt factor in misses / parries / dodge etc etc should come out to be the same)

I just wonder about the math and which one seems to average out better
    As my post earlier i think Dual Wield would trigger Radiant Spores more adding up to more healing.
    Last edited by xineo; 02-13-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Soulwalker

2H vs. dual wield:

When it comes to procs, it the proc has a flat rate effect (like Radiant Spores has), generally the faster attack will win.

But Radiant Spore effect is normalized by the DPS. That is a lower DPS will give less healing, regardless of attack speed.

Since it is normalized, the type of attack stops making ANY difference. DPS is DPS. Healing is going to be based on DPS (at a 15% proc rate). Over time, the effect will be better on whichever has a higher DPS, period.

Plane Walker

auto attacks hit for very little, thus, radiant spores really will not make that big a difference between 2h and dual wield.

Only 5% of their damage comes from auto attacks. Most of their damage comes from their abilities. So i wouldnt worry about whether he uses a 2h weapon or dual wield, because waht matters msot are the damage his abiltiies do.

+ Reply to Thread