+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need build advice on open world PvP w/ rogue buddy

Soulwalker

Default Need build advice on open world PvP w/ rogue buddy

So I'm hoping one of you experienced beta testers can hook me up with a few suggestions as to what I should run with my rogue buddy. We are really interesting in open world PvP/ battlefronts (and if there are plans for some type of arena, those as well).

In past MMO's I've always played the healer role to his DPS, but we were thinking of having me go with more damage and CC this time around. After looking through some of the soul trees, I thought SC/ELE/Archmage could work. With SC being my primary focus and ELE as a secondary. I was hoping this would have some decent burst (heard mages aren't meant to be glass cannons in this game), but mainly provide the CC and kiting needed for my rogue friend to rip the other guy apart.

I was wondering how viable of a strategy this would be for handling say, 2-4 players. I was initially hoping to avoid the Chlorolock build that a lot of people seem to be suggesting, but if that's my best option I'll run with it. Thanks a ton for your input!

Zac
    Plane Touched

If you only intent to 'gank' in 2vs1 fights, then the chloro soul could be avoided, for anything else, it's a clear no.

a chloro/domi combo seems to fit your intentions (chloro with synthesis/spores for heal + domi for utility/transmogrify), general cc and kiting are options, that are open for all classes

Shadowlander

Necro has just as much survivability as Chloro, and you have the ability to heal your buddy.

Soulwalker

Thanks a lot for the input guys. So it sounds like I'm going to need more than just CC (heals) for the type of PvPing I want to do. That being said, I didn't realize you could do much healing with the Necro. Would Necro/Dom be just as viable as the Chloro/Dom that was suggested? Again the intention of this build is to CC and add some dps to help my rogue friend in open world PvP. We like getting in fights where we are slightly out numbered . Thanks again!

Pyro has a nice root that doesn't break with damage if enough points are spent in that tree...just a thought
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Soulwalker

That is something to think about, but I was thinking of putting my last few points into Archmage, either for survivability or damage. Also I'm not sure about Pyro/Necro synergy. Have you seen any successful Necro/Pyros (PvPwise)?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    So I'm hoping one of you experienced beta testers can hook me up with a few suggestions as to what I should run with my rogue buddy. We are really interesting in open world PvP/ battlefronts (and if there are plans for some type of arena, those as well).

In past MMO's I've always played the healer role to his DPS, but we were thinking of having me go with more damage and CC this time around. After looking through some of the soul trees, I thought SC/ELE/Archmage could work. With SC being my primary focus and ELE as a secondary. I was hoping this would have some decent burst (heard mages aren't meant to be glass cannons in this game), but mainly provide the CC and kiting needed for my rogue friend to rip the other guy apart.

I was wondering how viable of a strategy this would be for handling say, 2-4 players. I was initially hoping to avoid the Chlorolock build that a lot of people seem to be suggesting, but if that's my best option I'll run with it. Thanks a ton for your input!
    NOOB THIS ISNT WOW SO DONT PLAN ON AREA EVER lol

Only thing I can say about Archmage is..if your target has a PvP soul..you just canceled each other out (with the exception of reducing your personal chances of getting stunned).

I dropped warlock and picked up Archmage and my survivability went dooooooown.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Soulwalker

Heh, I didn't take that into consideration Pink but that definitely makes sense. The extra CC or heals from another tree would probably help you out more, in terms of survivability, than the Archmage tree. So I guess it'd only be useful if I wanted to pack a little more punch. I guess right now I'm liking Pyro/Necro/Dom or Pyro/Necro/Lock.

+ Reply to Thread