+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More better! A warlock PvE build not to be tampered with...

Default More better! A warlock PvE build not to be tampered with...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...eeRhkqVxz.xcVz

questions thoughts and comments?

I'm not sure But I Think you raelly wouldn't be casting voidbolt that often with all the damn dots you're given... Dominator soul for CC/support

*UPDATED SPEC*
    Last edited by Mucro; 02-13-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mucro View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....eeRhkqVxz.x0m

questions thoughts and comments?

I'm not sure But I Think you raelly wouldn't be casting voidbolt that often with all the damn dots you're given... Dominator soul for CC/support
    Coming from a PvE/Raid/Dungeon perspective..

The Build needs major tuning. With new changes to warlock it's worth going 51 points into the tree.
    Necromancer imo isn't worth it, you get Necrosis, +5% dmg to death spells but it's not anything that amazing.
    I would take points out of Dominator and Necro, pick up Elemental and get Tempest.
    Then Max out warlock.

The reason you want Elemental is not for there spells but for it's +5% crit bonus and +50% crit damage bonus.
    Since DoT's will be able to crit now it's a good way to go.

Some people also recommend Necro over Elemental, it personally what you prefer.

Also Void Bolt will be your main spell. It's a fast cast and it will far out dmg your DoT's, Also since it's a fast casting spell the likely hood for it to crit is pretty good and when you mix that with the +50% crit damage bonus, you got yourself some nice bursting.

A Basic Rotation is
    >Life Leech
    >Dark Touch
    >Spam Void Bolt till it's time to refresh Dark Touch then Spam Void Bolt so more.
    Last edited by xineo; 02-13-2011 at 02:46 PM.

You do realize that in the patchnotes they said Necro's dots crit as well right?

also 5% crit is on top of the 5% crit from the lock tree... It's similar to how Cleric crit works, they get 20% increased crit damage from shaman and sentinel BUT it's 20% on the 20% so that's 24%.
    Last edited by Mucro; 02-13-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Rift Chaser

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mucro View Post
    You do realize that in the patchnotes they said Necro's dots crit as well right?

also 5% crit is on top of the 5% crit from the lock tree... It's similar to how Cleric crit works, they get 20% increased crit damage from shaman and sentinel BUT it's 20% on the 20% so that's 24%.
    Yup DoTs will crit that's why i think the 50% crit dmg would benefit Dots.

Necro and Ele can provide a lot for warlock it just depends how you wanna play them.
    IMO if you want to be DoT based then go Necro
    If you want to be Burst Crit based using DoT's as a filler then go Ele
    Last edited by xineo; 02-13-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xineo View Post
    Yup DoTs will crit that's why i think the 50% crit dmg would benefit Dots.

Necro and Ele can provide a lot for warlock it just depends how you wanna play them.
    IMO if you want to be DoT based then go Necro
    If you want to be Burst Crit based using DoT's as a filler then go Ele
    Say you crit for 25% of time... and you crit for 40... 50% = 60, here's the thing about that, you miss out on an instant cast dot and utility. Sorry I just think the xtra dot that has a chance to crit and increased damage outweigh a chance... constant > chance
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...VVxz.xtczizkks is what i think ill be going with, might trade out oppertunity for 2% extra crit from ele over dom which ill be useing purly for cc
    Last edited by Soulblayze; 02-13-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblayze View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...VVxz.xtczizkks is what i think ill be going with, might trade out oppertunity for 2% extra crit from ele over dom which ill be useing purly for cc
    strictly from a pve point of view that isn't that great of a spec, i'd rather have full opportunity as it procs quite often 5/5
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...tczk.exohzqqzo

For this build would it be better for PvP rather than PvE due to the stormcaller soul being able to constantly reduce movement speed by 75% and then increase your own movement by 50% so you can keep away from people or creatures? Or would that actually have quite a good benefit in PvE?

Shadowlander

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...qx.xbctczo.Mcm

If you spent points in necro, I think u should get soulpurge too, and maybe take the rogue pet. With this build you ll probably do fine Pve and Pvp, nice dps, high survivability, and 7 CC's (poly, root, knockback, snare, fear, stun and silence).
    U wont crit as much as other builds, but good enough, and you wont have much burst-dmg, but soulpurge can compensate.
    If you like a real dot-class with a pet, i think this a balanced one
    Last edited by Jetsertje; 02-14-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsertje View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...qx.xbctczo.Mcm

If you spent points in necro, I think u should get soulpurge too, and maybe take the rogue pet. With this build you ll probably do fine Pve and Pvp, nice dps, high survivability, and 7 CC's (poly, root, knockback, snare, fear, stun and silence).
    U wont crit as much as other builds, but good enough, and you wont have much burst-dmg, but soulpurge can compensate.
    If you like a real dot-class with a pet, i think this a balanced one
    I should mention I'm not a fan of pet classes.
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Plane Touched

You're going to want that Skeletal Stalwart you're one point short of getting. The Skeletal Horror can't tank worth beans and my experience of the Warlock Life Leech is it doesn't provide enough hitpoints for you to want to be doing the tanking. At least the Dominator will eliminate an add.
    Last edited by geldonyetich; 02-15-2011 at 12:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread