+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling spec with Chloromancer as a main soul?

Default Leveling spec with Chloromancer as a main soul?

Hello all, I am planning on trying out a Chloromancer come open beta and need some advice. I am going to play a healer for the first time ever and of course I want to give the Chloromancer consideration. My question is since the Chloro use dps to heal is it possible to lvl as a Chloro? I know their dps won't be on par with other mages but I don't think it would be as bad as lvling a straight healing cleric. Thoughts? I was thinking Chloro/Lock/Dom.

Plane Touched

Yeah, a 32/34/0 Chloro/Lock/Dom can be good. Tough going in the early levels though, you might want to do the first 12-15 levels as a pet class and then switch.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerLord View Post
    Yeah, a 32/34/0 Chloro/Lock/Dom can be good. Tough going in the early levels though, you might want to do the first 12-15 levels as a pet class and then switch.
    Yea I thought about taking Elem instead of Dom.

Shadowlander

I was playing as Chloro/Archon, then I got dual spec as Necro/Warlock. Necro/Warlock is sooo much faster, it's not even funny. Dump most of your points into Necro and you'll quickly gain a charge ability that heals you and your pet, so you keep going and going with no downtime. I'd recommend playing Chloro only enough until you're used to your abilities so that you know what your abilities due when you group up. If you know your abilities and are solo, use your dual spec to level up as something else. That's what I'd do, at least.
    Last edited by Azkit; 02-13-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Most of the standard Chloro secondary souls will do you just fine for levelling. I'll add though, that I have a Chloro/Ele role that I switch to quite a lot when levelling.

It's an excellent soloing role and can take on quite a bit more solo than most of my other Chloro/X/X roles can take on. It's perhaps a little slower, but not so much that I feel that time's dragging. You'll kill most solo mobs perfectly quickly enough.... and there are some mobs and situations that you can take on much better as a Chloro/Ele than other combos.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Azkit View Post
    I was playing as Chloro/Archon, then I got dual spec as Necro/Warlock. Necro/Warlock is sooo much faster, it's not even funny. Dump most of your points into Necro and you'll quickly gain a charge ability that heals you and your pet, so you keep going and going with no downtime. I'd recommend playing Chloro only enough until you're used to your abilities so that you know what your abilities due when you group up. If you know your abilities and are solo, use your dual spec to level up as something else. That's what I'd do, at least.
    Not a bad idea, I am just really interested in the how the Chloro soul works, so I thought leveling with it might be a good way to experience it.

Basically to take full advantage of Chloro u need to be kiling multiple mobs at once, not nuking 1 at a time. For this purpose Warlock & Archon work well. You get 2 instacast dots that you can throw down quickly to get damage started.

Archon is helpful because the dot & nuke add to your stats, helping your chloro tank!

Dark Touch + Searing Vitality was my bread and butter into the 20's

All the while your dots are ticking and mobs are beating on you, they are taking damage from Dark Armor (warlock)

so basically Archon helps you tank some
    Last edited by Diggles; 02-13-2011 at 05:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread