+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any pair necro main with anything BUT warlock?

Telaran

Default Any pair necro main with anything BUT warlock?

I really like the idea of a necro, but wanted to know if a necro main is viable with any of the other damaging souls, besides warlock, such (pyro or stormcaller). I assume it would be slightly weaker than an ele main with these pairings because the ability modifiers in storm/pyro are elemental based and not dead based, but will that make the combo completely unusable?

Thanks for your thoughts

You might get away with pyro/archon since archon increases fire dmg and such.

Plane Touched

You can pair it effectively with Chloro for an elite soloing build.

Rift Disciple

I think you should choose a single DPS tree and use your second tree for support or vice versa. The 3rd tree I'd use for the low hanging fruit items, buffs, and debuffs that are instant cast. Redundant spell casting most likely won't help you in the long run. I'd focus on rotations and DPS of that rotation. Find a rotation that works and put points into the items that build the power of that rotation. A lot of soul trees just do not mesh well together.

Just my personal opinion.

I'm still selecting what I like but I was using Dom/Necro/Chloro. Full Dom tree with all other points into Necro is my plan. Using Necro for it's pet abilities and aggro destractions while Dom is used for it's CC, knock backs and buffs. I also like the quick healing ability that is party wide by the Chloro and it's an instant cast with NO points in the tree. I haven't worked out a good rotation and I do not know if it's viable because I haven't used a DPS meter yet.

Down side is, the necro pet never really seems to hold aggro when you're on your own. The plus side is, combining your guy and another guy with knock backs is a LOT of fun.
    Last edited by explicitsaint; 02-13-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by explicitsaint View Post
    The 3rd tree I'd use for the low hanging fruit items, buffs, and debuffs that are instant cast. .

Hehe I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by emane19 View Post
    I really like the idea of a necro, but wanted to know if a necro main is viable with any of the other damaging souls, besides warlock, such (pyro or stormcaller). I assume it would be slightly weaker than an ele main with these pairings because the ability modifiers in storm/pyro are elemental based and not dead based, but will that make the combo completely unusable?

Thanks for your thoughts
    I will be going for on 24th
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ceMA0qqeo.Vt0x

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ged1 View Post
    Necro is a pet based DPS and the summoner also has a pet. You can only have a single pet up at once so what are your thoughts of using both pet trees?

You can pair it with the chloromancer. (Healing)
    Tranquility - A Pie loving Guild.
    Your thoughts, your actions, your very form; mine to do with as I see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by explicitsaint View Post
    Necro is a pet based DPS and the summoner also has a pet. You can only have a single pet up at once so what are your thoughts of using both pet trees?
    Kind of diggin' this build been playin' with this as well. While my main build will be more Necro, I plan on dabblin with this one.
    The necro pet will be the primary pet, you need that mana battery.

OR wait will Reclaim Power work with any Pet?
    Last edited by Muspilli; 02-13-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Originally Posted by Ged1
    I will be going for on 24th
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ceMA0qqeo.Vt0x
    To add to what others have written...

42 points in warlock... Just 2 pts away from mass fear... Instant cast aoe fear... I personally would find 2 pts for it.
    If you find yourself in a 1 on 1 fight, then your tactics suck!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ged1 View Post
    I'm with this guy. ( ゜∀゜)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \ critcritcrit.

Soulwalker

Here

necro/pyro build with 0 dom for CC.

been playing ele/pyro last beta so im going to give this a go for beta 7

Funny thread.

Hey, is there anything other than warlock that's viable to pair with necro?

Well, you could go pyro/archon instead. Or you could go with a full warlock build, not including necro at all.

Great, thanks for the tips!

/fail

As has been mentioned, pairing with chloro becomes pretty strong for soloing. I like chloro/necro for group healing as well, personally.

I'm wondering about the viability of a necro/archon as a dps/support class. You get some nice buffs and bonuses in archon, and some nice debuffs and abilities that support a group in necro, and some damage and healing boosts in archon too, which will help both dps and help a necro be a decent secondary healer when needed. Haven't tested it, and it seems only good at higher levels when you have more points to put into both, but I think it might end up a decent dps and support build.

Can go with a similar theory for dominator secondary. A lot of your dps as a necro is the pet, so you have time to play a support role moreso than some other souls that to add support takes away from your dps significantly, so Dom also may end up a nice choice with necro, as you'll have the time to add support without your personal dps bottoming out, and Dom even has some death based stuff if I recall correctly.

Necro and a splash into elementalist is nice. And no, you aren't doing that for the pet, obviously, but for the bonuses to crit and defense. And get a nice buff, since necro doesn't have an 'armor' buff, and a decently hitting non-channeled aoe.

Other souls don't really mesh very well at all, though. Can't even come up with a theorycraft combo of necro and stormcaller, for instance. Or necro and pyromancer. But chloro, elementalist, dom and even archon can all make a viable build if you really want to.
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

Im trying to put a build together that gets the elementalist critical hit bonus, all of necros best and all of warlocks best. That will be my dps once I manage to sort it.

Prophet of Telara

OR wait will Reclaim Power work with any Pet?
    No reason why it wouldn't based on the description.... that's something to try in beta.

Also from the description... Soul Purge might work on elemental pets too...

And yes... you would get lots of Crit bonuses to your Necro stuff now.

But a lot of the Necro and Ele trees deal with stuff that is specific to their own pets and almost certainly won't affect the pets from the other soul. You could still take the standard 15 points in elemental for the Crit improvements, damage reduction to yourself, stone armour, nice AoE and root - but keep the Necro as your main soul though.

X

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast