+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro or Ele, which is better for PvE/soloing?

Default Necro or Ele, which is better for PvE/soloing?

I'm going to revisit my mage at some point in Beta 7, I was originally a Pyro main, but was disappointed. I started a rogue and was disappointed in Marksmen too, but loved Ranger. This brings me back to my mage.

Which is better in PvE/Soloing for a pet mage, Necro or Ele?

Shadowlander

Necro by far, however your ele will be pretty easy too.

No fancy data here but having tried both I preferred my Ele.

I have yet to try Ele, but personally I'd stick with Necro. Between the OP'd plague bolt and whatnot, I just find it a better choice in my overall opinion of it.

I liked Necro/Lock/Clhoro a lot to lvl

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by freya View Post
    No fancy data here but having tried both I preferred my Ele.
    IMHO, ele or necro will pratcially be same, with some taste diferentces. Necro need 12 points for get the tank pet, while ele get the tank pet with 0 points.

Both necro and ele are very strong solo classes.

What soul you choose will depend upon your style and what you like or not. How much you will be effective with necro or ele will depend upon your soul combo and how much points you invest at each soul.
    Last edited by joha; 02-13-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Ele for lowbie levels then necro after you get soul purge. Soul purge is soooooo awesome. It heals you and your pet and does most damage too.

Ele is nice for upfront damage, I enjoyed their nukes, and especially their shields. What I didnt like was their pets. Id rather stab myself than be seen with a giant rock or tornado with a face as my pet.

Although their caster pet pwns necro caster pet. I have yet to find the point to my necro caster pet. He sucks major ding dong.
    Last edited by Chilton; 02-13-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Yeah thats what i hear too. I never made it to the caster pet in beta but all the threads I've read hate the caster pet. They too say it's pretty much useless. And most peeps don't like the spirit pet either. Maybe the devs need to take a look at the last 2 pets necro's get.
    Last edited by Nov8tr; 02-13-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........
    ..........Insert pic................This line for specs of my computer that no one cares about.
    ..........of some
    ..........effeminate..............This line for insightful quote from some dead guy here.
    ..........Korean
    ..........avatar.....................Now some comment from me that I think is witty.
    ..........here
    AND LAST OF ALL, SOME LINE IN BOLD CAPS TELLING HOW BAD I THINK I AM AND HOW YOU'RE NOT

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Chilton View Post
    Ele is nice for upfront damage, I enjoyed their nukes, and especially their shields. What I didnt like was their pets. Id rather stab myself than be seen with a giant rock or tornado with a face as my pet.

Although their caster pet pwns necro caster pet. I have yet to find the point to my necro caster pet. He sucks major ding dong.
    The Necro mage pet does suck for single target dps, But drop grave rot on an area of 4-5 mobs, and make sure you got necrosis on your main target and watch what happens. It is quite impressive.
    Last edited by mjkennedy; 02-13-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Plane Touched

I plan on running Necro up to level 20 and then adding a level 20 warlock AoE build for faster soloing through the 20s. Once you can get Mortality, you can tear things up as a Lock.

Soulwalker

Mmm both are good for solo i think. Need go to see what theme you like best and if you go up the tree or go with more souls.

Higher up the Ele looks stronger as solo with nice diff elemenst from different planes (could be an issue in damage?)
    Necro tends to be good also with a role as being part of group .

advice is look at zam builder and try both out

Soulwalker

I did pretty well as stormcaller/ele, however doesnt mean to say i did better than ele or necro mainspecs

Plane Touched

I think the problem you are going to see with asking a question like this, is that you're not going to see anyone with a lot of experience playing both of these specs yet. Once out of BETA, and with some more time, I'm sure you will be able to get a good feel for the advantages and disadvantages of each but as of yet you're most likely just to see information from people who have played one or the other. In my case i played a necro to lvl 24 and I have enjoyed it a lot soloing.

+ Reply to Thread