+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A simple change to Archon that can benefit solo and Dungeons/Raids. Thoughts?

Rift Disciple

Default A simple change to Archon that can benefit solo and Dungeons/Raids. Thoughts?

My idea for this post is to give Archon something that no other soul can "including Bard" can attribute.
    And thats to increase the amount of threat/agro that one particular player/pet achieves.

So give a buff that increases a targets threat "AKA a Tank" (much like a chloromancers Synthesis except it increases agro gain).

This way we can provide the tank increase in threat gain (and at the same time the raid/group will decrease in threat gain as a group buff)

I think this would give Archon to supply something that no other class can as far as end game.

Not only that ;but this same ability could be applied to Necro/Elemental pets to allows them to keep agro for Archon for lvling/soloing..

What's your thoughts?
    Last edited by xineo; 02-13-2011 at 02:18 AM.

a cool buff, but the archon tree still needs a little buffing to get it right.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
    a cool buff, but the archon tree still needs a little buffing to get it right.
    /agree, i do feel that this could be a point into the right direction.

Agree. Sounds cool! Just like how their other buffs sacrifice an amount of the Archon's attributes to allies, this could transfer a % of their aggro to the tank.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DreadHeart View Post
    Agree. Sounds cool! Just like how their other buffs sacrifice an amount of the Archon's attributes to allies, this could transfer a % of their aggro to the tank.
    Diffly, this could be something that could make Archon vastly incredible for group/raid attribute!

Vote Yes if you think the Forum Admin should forward this to devs!

No other class has a hate transfer?
    Hmm well that would be nice for the archon
    Just seems strange
    In EQ2 just about every class had some kind of hate transfer
    Its easier to get what you want
    with a kind word and a gun
    then just a kind word--
    Al Capone

If I remember correclty - in EQ2 the classes with these sort of buffs got invited to raids specifically because of them. It was a good way to get those classes in there.

That being said it was an incredibly boring role to play in a raid.

I will /agree to this thread in that this buff is a good idea, but Archon needs more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenAxe View Post
    If I remember correclty - in EQ2 the classes with these sort of buffs got invited to raids specifically because of them. It was a good way to get those classes in there.

That being said it was an incredibly boring role to play in a raid.

I will /agree to this thread in that this buff is a good idea, but Archon needs more than that.
    Not really, My swashy was the master of hate transer....its why I was always in the main tank group
    but not why I was on raids
    they were pretty good dps and debuffers
    Its easier to get what you want
    with a kind word and a gun
    then just a kind word--
    Al Capone

Yeah, brilliant idea, and would actually make us amazing in 5 mans without overpowering us in raids. I'm totally on board!
    -Sar'than, Oathbinder of the Blooded Stone

Rift Disciple

@Shintu
    I agree that (with the constant posts about Archon) that we need more than a Threat Mitigation to a target , via tank or pet.
    And Archon is weird enough and i would find that hard to be disagreed.

This is just simply a way to improve us to a degree that could makes us vastly useful.

How could a group deny a Archon than can increase the tank's Agro gaining abilities.

Such as a Cleric Tank. They get an incredible buff that increases there damage mitigation, including that they can already use mail armor. They don't get a good AoE agro ability until later on in there build.

With this as an Archon we can make sure that's not a problem. Which isn't only important early in the game but as well as end-game, for not only cleric tanks but all tanks in general.

This could provide a aspect that no other soul/class could provide.

Setting Archon as a different buff class on its own! And for the pet scenario, having tried (main) warlock the necro pet or ele pet just doesn't hold agro for lvl 20+ solo'ing (simply warlock just does to much dmg).. This ability could allow said pet to keep agro for many possible combinations other than going vast into pet classes for solo/questing.
    Last edited by xineo; 02-13-2011 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shintu View Post
    No other class has a hate transfer?
    Some pet souls can either increase the pet's threat gen or transfer player threat to the pet. Don't know of any ability to transfer threat to another player tho. Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Last edited by Wennid; 02-13-2011 at 03:21 AM.
    accept everything, believe nothing

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wennid View Post
    Some pet souls can either increase the pet's threat gen or transfer player threat to the pet. Don't know of any ability to transfer threat to another player tho. Sounds like a good idea to me.
    As i edited my recent post earlier. You could also use the ability on pets for soloing/questing; for souls that would normally use agro pets that are from secondary souls (such as necro and elemental). while your primary soul could be pyro, lock, etc (dps souls)..

In which case you would most likely pull agro from the pet due to the amount of dmg you would deal to the mob.

This would keep that from happening!
    Last edited by xineo; 02-13-2011 at 03:28 AM.

This is a great suggestion!

It could be received early on in a weaker form that only transfers a basic % of threat, but gives the Archon utility for lower level group encounters. Then, for those who go deep Archon, could be beefed up through point investment much higher in the tree to besignificantly stronger.
    Last edited by Dominar; 02-13-2011 at 05:14 AM.

Rift Disciple

/bump

Needs for feedback!

Soulwalker

I agree with this proposal, although the archon will still need a bit more loving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast