+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP build........warlock/pyro/ ??

Soulwalker

Default PVP build........warlock/pyro/ ??

Hi all ,here is my build after all betas.
    PVP

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...k.efdcuzsut.Vo

There is 6 points left for 3 soul and im still try to figure out, what 3 soul i have to take.
    All of them are usefull.
    If i get 6 points to Archon-Soul Fire for fire DMG+Flowing sand for speed reduction.
    If i get 6 points to Stormcaller-Icicle-again for movement reduct.+Electrocute for pushback.
    If i get 6 points to Elem. Summ-i got 2 shields+revitalize
    If i get 6 points to Domin. i got-Transmogrify+Thunder blast for knockback and reflect

I think its importent for sorc to stay away from attackers and control their moving.

Thx for any advice and help
    Ty
    intel X58-UD3R intel i7-920@4,1GHz nvidia Asus GTX 470 kingstone 6GB DDR3 kingstone 64GB SSD Western Digital 320GB storage Seasonic 750W Antec Three hundred 22" LG WTTQ Windows 7 64bit Seat ibiza GTi 2.0 LG Optimus one OC@732MHz-Megatron V1

For a PvP build I would personally roll with the final 6 points in Dominator, and here's why;
    -Domiantor: Spell reflect every 20 seconds, very handy. I presume you would go into Clinging form and quick thinking, removing the CD on your transmogrify, a lockdown such as this is very handy when fighting multiple opponents in PvP. A final point in Priests Lament will allow you to take down a healer in a 1v1 situation and the knockback is extremely handy for melee opponents.
    -Archon: While flowing sand is very useful and the 5% fire damage is not bad, i personally believe that the control offered by Dominator outweighs Archons choices
    -Stormcaller: This is very similar to Dominator in that you are swapping the Transmogrify to a slow, but stormcaller does not offer spell reflect.
    - Elementalist: The base pet offered by elementalist is quite useless in PvP unless further specced into the Ele tree, and revitalize can only be used outside of combat. You would be better off using smoldering power and Sacrifice Life: Mana for mana Regen instead of putting the points into Ele. The Shield is quite usefull, but I feel that the other choices offer more than taking Ele for the shield alone.

So persoanlly I would choose Dominator, but I can defiently see your delema. Each of the choices have very tempting, and similar abilities that would be very useful under different circumstances. If I were you I would experiment and play for a bit using each setup until you find the style that you like most.

Soulwalker

ty so much,very nice and usefull answer.
    intel X58-UD3R intel i7-920@4,1GHz nvidia Asus GTX 470 kingstone 6GB DDR3 kingstone 64GB SSD Western Digital 320GB storage Seasonic 750W Antec Three hundred 22" LG WTTQ Windows 7 64bit Seat ibiza GTi 2.0 LG Optimus one OC@732MHz-Megatron V1

Not a problem.

I would be interested in hearing what you end up deciding to use. I kind of jumped on Dominator as soon as i glanced at the post, but after reading over carefully it made my decision very difficult. Really you have 3 alternatives:
    - Pushback and poly (Dom)
    - Pushback and slow (Storm)
    - Slow and damage increase (Archon)

Comes down to personal opinion and playstyle i guess

Shadowlander

I would go with somfin more like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...qbo.efkcuzsuzo
    or
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...q.efkcuzsuzo.x

You put points into void bolt but ur DPS is comeing from Pyro soul so better to spend those points elswhere
    I dident use Life Leach as healing comeing from there is mehh (would take it only if they icrease damage and healing from it) So again i used points elswhere
    About Archon tree putting points into it, change that to Arcmage for even more damage(+5%to fire only or +15% to all ur speels u du the math), the slow affect/CC u already get from warlock tree + u get an extra break free from players CC
    In one of the builds I even took out points from Archon and vent further into Warlock tree ( a bit more from DoT's and that -80% incomeing damage reduction is just awesome)

Open ur rotation with Heat Wave + Nedra's Essence use ur DoT's comeing from lock tree use ur instants from Pyro throw in a CC and boom ur target should be down in mere seconds

If u wana go more AoE orientated for group PvP take a point out somwhere and put it in Radiate Death

But as Jorotyn said it comes down to personal playstile!!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Celestisleo View Post
    I would go with somfin more like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...qbo.efkcuzsuzo
    or
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...q.efkcuzsuzo.x

You put points into void bolt but ur DPS is comeing from Pyro soul so better to spend those points elswhere
    I dident use Life Leach as healing comeing from there is mehh (would take it only if they icrease damage and healing from it) So again i used points elswhere
    About Archon tree putting points into it, change that to Arcmage for even more damage(+5%to fire only or +15% to all ur speels u du the math), the slow affect/CC u already get from warlock tree + u get an extra break free from players CC
    In one of the builds I even took out points from Archon and vent further into Warlock tree ( a bit more from DoT's and that -80% incomeing damage reduction is just awesome)

Open ur rotation with Heat Wave + Nedra's Essence use ur DoT's comeing from lock tree use ur instants from Pyro throw in a CC and boom ur target should be down in mere seconds

If u wana go more AoE orientated for group PvP take a point out somwhere and put it in Radiate Death

But as Jorotyn said it comes down to personal playstile!!
    Yes i agree, but i still wanna get some heal, becouse its long time to get 50 lvl, so some heal will be usefull.
    What is the 80% incoming damage reduction skill?..For a Heat wave its pretty long time to get top of skills .
    Thx for your advice.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by prysk View Post
    Yes i agree, but i still wanna get some heal, becouse its long time to get 50 lvl, so some heal will be usefull.
    What is the 80% incoming damage reduction skill?..For a Heat wave its pretty long time to get top of skills .
    Thx for your advice.
    Long time to get 50??I agree but u posted a LvL 50 build so I answered with a LvL 50 build
    The -80% incoming damage reduction comes from Warlock tree its caled Nedra's Essence the skill at top of the chain.

If u want some heals then put points into Cloro tree

p.s. i just wish they made LL instant cast

+ Reply to Thread