+ Reply to Thread

Thread: this mage won't dps

Shadowlander

Default this mage won't dps

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0o.hMxsMbwo.xx

For people interested in the chloromancer. I've been playing one since beta4 and never felt quite comfy with the old Chloro/ warlock/ ? build. Been messing with trees and I played an archon some to test the support.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Chloro that can use up opportunity to buff the archon spells and put out auras and shields as needed.

Seems like a ton to keep track of but also a ton to keep your party up. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Bingedrinker; 02-12-2011 at 10:03 PM.
    "Diversity will make or break it... The shear volume of choice could make it great. The fact that people are sheep could break it. Its not good or bad, just the way it is"
    Some guy

Rift Chaser

The talent Efficiency in archon is absolute garbage, there's no reason to get it since the auras aren't even that expensive anyway, and mana problems are a non issue with archon. Instead, why not get your 32 in chloro, and get the 10% reduced ability cost that is group wide, you still get a slight benefit in the reduction to your mana costs, as does the whole group. Also, martyrs solace, and the skill consuming flames in general, is just a complete waste of a global cool down. Don't even put it on your bar. The damage reduction is minor, when you could have spent the gcd casting vile spores or whatever to actually heal the target.

Here's what I would recommend:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...oo.hMeoRfbokrz

The big thing here is this picks up power in numbers, which increases your damage and HEALING done by 4% per aura, 5 auras up that is 20% extra. 2 minute cool down on mental flare means you can basically tell other mages in your group to not focus on mana regen and instead go pure DPS, keeping the flare on them whenever they start to run low. Dominator as the 0 point to sheep if required.

Shadowlander

Nice pick ups. have to try some of that.

Just wandering how important natures corrosion would be though as well as rock slide. 6 sec of channeling would put quite a strain on anything else your doing for a 5% heal.

I'm probably gonna take the note from you and take the points in efficiency over to empowered aegis.
    "Diversity will make or break it... The shear volume of choice could make it great. The fact that people are sheep could break it. Its not good or bad, just the way it is"
    Some guy

Rift Chaser

I haven't actually tried out rock slide since I'm not an archon main and not being able to get up to level 50 there are better points to get, however in order to get up to 32 in the roots I'm grabbing it for this build, since imo there's nothing else really worth taking in archon considering most of your GCDs spent are going to be in the chloro tree so there's not really a reason to increase your archon damage skills.

Also the tooltip isn't very clear, I don't know how long the INT stacks last, however if they last 5 minutes like most of the other archon buffs you could drag the buffs over into a boss fight by killing trash with rock slide and starting up the boss asap. Maybe someone who has played deep archon could clarify?
    Last edited by DinoSS; 02-12-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Shadowlander

was wandering about the buff limit as well. Would love an Archon shed some light if they could.
    Some guy

Plane Touched

I like that build above, but I'd take a few points out of Call of Spring and get Destructive Growth. Call only works on Bloom and Flourish, so it's good for PvP but not so handy otherwise. DG gives a 10% damage enhance to all types of damage, which can be very useful.

Rift Chaser

For now, I'm operating under the belief that Call of Spring not affecting Lifegiving Veil is a bug, since the tooltip clearly says by your healing spells and EFFECTS. Depending on what patch notes end up saying on beta launch then yeah feel free to remove those points.

Just a dumb question...as I have never played a Chloromancer
    Isnt your healing based off your dps?
    so isnt it in your best intrest to dps your butt off?

If Im wrong then please can someone explain to me how mage healing works?
    Its easier to get what you want
    with a kind word and a gun
    then just a kind word--
    Al Capone

You're right, chloromancer heals by doing damage, much more with light spells, the other spells barely heal at all.
    It's the skill Lifegiving Veil that makes this possible. With 3 points to buff it up, you get 80% of damage done by life spells as a heal to the raid. Makes chloro an amazing healer.
    Your damage IS 100% definitely weaker than other mage souls, but that's cos you're healing as well.

Chloromancer does get a single target heal (10sec CD), raid heal (very good, but 20 sec CD), and a few other targeted aoe heals with huge CDs. Also he has a spell synthesis which allows u to pick ONE target that will heal ALOT extra from ur lifegiving veil healing effects.

Please note that the heals only really work off LIFE spells, so u can't go around spamming fire to heal. Just won't work.

Rift Disciple

My personal 'gut feeling' from the recent 2 betas is that stats don't really do all that much. Also, I think scouting your buff bar constantly for that missing archon aura/buff takes too much time to keep up all the various nuke+buff type spells. Of course the auras can all be refreshed at the same time without having to spend 5 gcd NOT healing outside of combat but the other spells seem just meh.. raising int just doesn't feel like it's affecting how hard spells hit (yes I know it says increases spell power).
    Last edited by trutanen; 02-13-2011 at 04:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread