+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromance

Soulwalker

Default Chloromance

Hey guys, havn't played the beta yet but I was just wondering if you guys think that Chloromancer would be a legit full-time pvp healer? Tried making a build, here it is.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...R.VVd0M0V0z.Rs

For some reason when I post it, it doesn't show the pointts I have in all the way up to Immovable Object in Archmage, but that's where i put the points.,
    Last edited by jd420; 02-12-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jd420 View Post
    Hey guys, havn't played the beta yet but I was just wondering if you guys think that Chloromancer would be a legit full-time pvp healer? Tried making a build, here it is.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...R.VVd0M0V0z.Rs

For some reason when I post it, it doesn't show the pointts I have in all the way up to Immovable Object in Archmage, but that's where i put the points.,
    Not so good for full time PvP healer since your single target heal is tied to your single target buff, which has 30 sec cooldown.
    Last edited by bubulu; 02-12-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Prophet of Telara

To be clear: Synthesis is the buff that delivers very high levels of healing to one target through Lifegiving Veil and is on a cool-down of 30 seconds, so can't be switched around a lot. So you can't switch it to whoever is taking focus at a given time... but you can put it on the person in your group who is weakest defensively... that is... the person who is most likely to go down quickly, without the extra support.

Lifegiving Veil healing generally, isn't going to be that strong in PvP. Not only do you have the problems with Synthesis, but resists, mitigation and bubbles will cause you issues in dealing the damage that's behind the LGV heals... targets moving out of sight on the 2 - 2.5 second primary healing nukes will cause issues amongst other problems.

Ruin will probably be your best LGV nuke in many ways - being instant - but on a 15s cool-down of course. AoEs will enhance your personal survival well, because of increasing the chances of firing Radiant Spores but also deliver well through LGV if they hit enough targets.

Radiant Spores is going to be the bulk of your PvP healing contribution. 30% chance of healing for 100% of damage is pretty heavy AoE healing. Even if RS can be dispelled you can cast it pretty often and have it go AoE of course. Use Stream of Reclamation to push up the proc chance on Radiant Spores and deal some decent damage at the same time.

Bloom/Flourish/Wild Growth will certainly be more important in PvP than in PvE.So going for stuff like Circle of Life might be more worthwhile. And I reckon Withering Vine would probably also be more useful in PvP than in PvE. Straight AoE HoT around the target and shorter casting time....

I'm not sure that Destructive Growth is going to be that useful for you in PvP.

Nature's Corrosion gives ~30% extra healing through LGV at the moment and also delivers a good chunk of extra damage.

You could perhaps make an argument for not bothering with Synthesis for a PvP role... You might want to consider this as a slightly unconventional approach.... (I couldn't get the archmage stuff to stick either...) Not going with Synthesis is an unusual approach perhaps - but there may be real question marks as to its adaptability in PvP... so mebbe you just give it up, focus on RS and SoR and your direct heals and WV?

Just a thought.

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 02-13-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Plane Touched

Hmmm...one more point in Dom on that build gets you Mana Wrench.

Champion of Telara

i disagree with the above posters pretty much

We run a chloromancer in our group full time.. the heals are amazing in pvp. The key of course is good assisting, and team work thru voice chat.
    Synthesis provides amazing heals, and is almost always kept up on me, the MA (the tank.. the hardiest person in the group) Reason why is that im the one pushing into ALL of the enemy dps all the time to pull targets out and kill them, so 99% of the baddies in this game focus on killing me first rather than going for the squishier toons on our side. So with the chloro assisting me and keeping synthesis up its ALOT of heals. Very, Very effective

Only things to be aware of is watching line of sight really. So if I am going behind a tree i really have to watch my health as i know the heals will be slow unless the chloro swaps to a different target to hit rather than assisting.
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Telaran

My experience with a Chloromancer in PvP is "limited"(Nonexistent), but we've been doing theorycrafting in other threads, and if you put at least 14 points into necro as an aside to Chloromancer you overcome the weaknesses of the Chloromancer in PvP, while retaining its(many) strengths. Necros have a heal spell with no cooldown that is actually quite strong, but it damages you. This fleshes out the chloro nicely by giving you vastly increased control over how you distribute your heals, and because you heal from dpsing you can easily make up for the damage you take from that heal.

Note that in PvE Necro is a suboptimal sidespec, but in PvP it seems very strong.

+ Reply to Thread