+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: About Pyromancer PvP

Soulwalker

Exclamation About Pyromancer PvP

Hey,
    I am new here. I have 32lvl pyro. Im here to ask you guys about your experience and maby some tips about skill rotation. I think also about pvp build. My playstyle is to burst dmg (kill someone) and back few steps. I know pyros survivalibity = 0 so im probably for 2-3 hits but before i die i wanna kills someone.

That what i know last skill (51 points in tree) looks very awsome. I wanna asku you what you think about my builds:

Full Pyro 51 / Archmage http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z0I_.xx0R.eftIuusuts

Extra 80% Critical damage (not rate) Pyro/Elem/Archmage http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...fdczusuzk.Vx0x

Instans CC + 100% Cast speed (with heat wave) Pyro/Elem/Domi http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...fkczusuzo.Vx0x

50% for instant cast (if you use fireball: 30% for flamebold + 10% for cinder + 10% from warlock) Pyro/Warlock/Elem http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...fucuusuzs.Vt0x

I dont know maby im wrong but 15 point in Elem:
    - 50% Crit dmg i think awsome
    - 10% damage reduction
    - 5% Crit rate
    I think about Elem like "must have"

About Warlock:
    - 25% charge
    - 10% for insta next cast

Archmage:
    - 15% more dmg on player
    - 100% to make instant cast interupted spell
    (i dont know how it work, probably is other mob/player attack me and cancel my cast it will be instant when i try again but what is i cast spell --> move step --> i see "Interupted" info --> so it will works in this little fake situation?)
    - 10% Crit rate after i do crit
    - 30% Crit dmg

I know each build have their weakness and it depend about your "playerstyle" but if you tested somethink similar (in pvp ofc) will be nice to hear about your conclusion. And if you are hardcore pvper and you think "pyro dont need buff" (like i hear in few thread) please introduce me and next generation of little newb pyros with some information like: How you do this or Why you do thlike that? or How you do pvp etc. I think Pyromancer can be killing machine in good hands. heheh mine isnt ^^
    Feel free to share your experience ^^

k, now im waiting for criticism storm

PS
    yeeeey my english need sexy teacher i know

Quote Originally Posted by cwich View Post
    Hey,
    I am new here. I have 32lvl pyro. Im here to ask you guys about your experience and maby some tips about skill rotation. I think also about pvp build. My playstyle is to burst dmg (kill someone) and back few steps. I know pyros survivalibity = 0 so im probably for 2-3 hits but before i die i wanna kills someone.

That what i know last skill (51 points in tree) looks very awsome. I wanna asku you what you think about my builds:

Full Pyro 51 / Archmage http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z0I_.xx0R.eftIuusuts

Extra 80% Critical damage (not rate) Pyro/Elem/Archmage http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...fdczusuzk.Vx0x

Instans CC + 100% Cast speed (with heat wave) Pyro/Elem/Domi http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...fkczusuzo.Vx0x

50% for instant cast (if you use fireball: 30% for flamebold + 10% for cinder + 10% from warlock) Pyro/Warlock/Elem http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...fucuusuzs.Vt0x

I dont know maby im wrong but 15 point in Elem:
    - 50% Crit dmg i think awsome
    - 10% damage reduction
    - 5% Crit rate
    I think about Elem like "must have"

About Warlock:
    - 25% charge
    - 10% for insta next cast

Archmage:
    - 15% more dmg on player
    - 100% to make instant cast interupted spell
    (i dont know how it work, probably is other mob/player attack me and cancel my cast it will be instant when i try again but what is i cast spell --> move step --> i see "Interupted" info --> so it will works in this little fake situation?)
    - 10% Crit rate after i do crit
    - 30% Crit dmg

I know each build have their weakness and it depend about your "playerstyle" but if you tested somethink similar (in pvp ofc) will be nice to hear about your conclusion. And if you are hardcore pvper and you think "pyro dont need buff" (like i hear in few thread) please introduce me and next generation of little newb pyros with some information like: How you do this or Why you do thlike that? or How you do pvp etc. I think Pyromancer can be killing machine in good hands. heheh mine isnt ^^
    Feel free to share your experience ^^

k, now im waiting for criticism storm

PS
    yeeeey my english need sexy teacher i know
    To put it short, pyro in PVP = bambi in Afganistan.They have flicker and a root, and then they die...

You`re basically looking to do the biggest burst possible. This is it http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...cuusuzo.xx0R0c

if you want to kill someone with 2-3 hits before you die, i suggest you target another mage.

"I find that hopelessness makes the best aphrodisiac..."

Soulwalker

Default blablabla

Quote Originally Posted by pokett View Post
    if you want to kill someone with 2-3 hits before you die, i suggest you target another mage.
    this way ill be rouge ;(

Telaran

and hope he doesn't have too many points in dominator XD.

this way ill be rouge ;(
    Next time a forum troll tells you to suicide do so, rid us of yourself.

Mages are fine in pvp. Pyro is fine. If you cant play it - get the crap out, free the field for someone with at least half a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Seidon View Post
    Next time a forum troll tells you to suicide do so, rid us of yourself.

Mages are fine in pvp. Pyro is fine. If you cant play it - get the crap out, free the field for someone with at least half a brain.
    "Mages are fine" Rift Mage Forum Fighters' Mantra

"Yes we can" - Barrack Obama

"Stay the course" - George Bush

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" - Bill Clinton

"New world order" and "1000 points of light" - Bush sr.

"Who the hell am I?" Ronald Reagan

"Competent and compassionate " - Jimmy Carter

"I'm only here because Nixon is a crook" - Gerald Ford

"I am not a crook" - Richard Nixon

Every good agenda needs a good catch phrase.

"I find that hopelessness makes the best aphrodisiac..."

Shadowlander

Default you forgot an important one Pocket

"I will start an Empire that will last a thousand years" - A. Hitler

P.S. Everyone needs to stop QQ'ing about mages...no one on this board knows what Mages will
    be like in PVP at lvl 50. I'd suggest using a taser on yourself next time you get the urge to do so.
    Last edited by brokenronin; 02-13-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Sunder is in Open Recruitment and accepting all Archetypes/Roles - Visit www.sunder-guild.com

Soulwalker

Default asd

guys.... seriously please

"Mages are fine" Rift Mage Forum Fighters' Mantra

"Yes we can" - Barrack Obama

"Stay the course" - George Bush

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" - Bill Clinton

"New world order" and "1000 points of light" - Bush sr.

"Who the hell am I?" Ronald Reagan

"Competent and compassionate " - Jimmy Carter

"I'm only here because Nixon is a crook" - Gerald Ford

"I am not a crook" - Richard Nixon

Every good agenda needs a good catch phrase.
    I lol'd

Okita 60 Rogue l Creiddy 60 Cleric l Sacaen 60 Warr l Shiiun 60 Mage

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by brokenronin View Post
    "P.S. Everyone needs to stop QQ'ing about mages...no one on this board knows what Mages will
    be like in PVP at lvl 50. I'd suggest using a taser on yourself next time you get the urge to do so.
    So mages just shouldnt bother playing on a PvP server or doing any PvP till 50 and hope at that time everything is balanced? We dont even have an idea of what resists are going to be like at that point, but seems how some of the Dev team came from WAR I foresee mages hitting warriors decked out in resists for 50something damage while in turn getting killed in 2-3 swings from same warrior.

They really should have the system set up so each piece of armor handles resists and plate would have most armor but lowest resist and then cloth has lowest armor and highest resist. And thus warriors are best defense against warriors and mages are best defense against mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemilos View Post
    To put it short, pyro in PVP = bambi in Afganistan.They have flicker and a root, and then they die...
    Uh ya.

you forgot that flicker is also a teleport

Break out/teleport (20sec cooldown...FAST)
    8 second root
    5 second disarm
    5 second stun
    person shield (30% chance on hit to proc shield that absorbs 15% of your HP)
    reduce stun/silence time by 30%

I would say Pyro's are just fine in PVP and fair survivability if they pick up a few defensive skills from other souls

ELementalist shield probably the most common
    Last edited by Diggles; 02-13-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Diggles View Post
    Uh ya.

you forgot that flicker is also a teleport

Break out/teleport (20sec cooldown...FAST)
    8 second root
    5 second disarm
    5 second stun
    person shield (30% chance on hit to proc shield that absorbs 15% of your HP)
    reduce stun/silence time by 30%

I would say Pyro's are just fine in PVP and fair survivability if they pick up a few defensive skills from other souls

ELementalist shield probably the most common
    Maybe add a lil domi with the spell reflect, the push back, and the squirrel...lol. Also some Archmage for the detaunt and Break Free.

as nice as archmage is in pvp, to the build that went 35/15/16 pryo/ele/archmage, dropping archmage for dom and dropping a few points from pryo to dom makes dom much sexier in pvp and gives you some pve utility at the same time!

im sorry but in WoW a pom/poly/blink combo worked great and a pyro/dom in this game can do the same combo, why would anyone NOT want this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast