+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transparency and CM Posts

Soulwalker

Default Transparency and CM Posts

Do Community Managers post in the mage forums? One of the things that has been so thrilling about Trion is that they seem responsive to player concerns. It would go a long way in the community to have some form of developer transparency in regards to the thought process for mages.

And example smattering of questions would be:

What is the thought process on the role of mages?
    What is the general feeling on the current level of balance?
    How does Mage DPS seem to be stacking up against other classes (sustained/burst)?
    What kind of changes should we expect over time?
    Are mages getting less damage because we can apply damage at range? Is this theory actually valid in terms of if other classes can reach us in PvP ?
    Is our survivability where the devs want it to be?

- It's difficult to commit to buying a game, knowing that I want to play a mage, and seeing how unpleasant the current situation is. I've been down this road before and it was a waste of money, I must vote with my dollars. I am not trying to incite rage or troll.

Plane Walker

/signed

Would be very nice considering EVERYONE in the mage forums is discussing such issues.
    Last edited by Scuba Steve; 02-12-2011 at 01:17 PM.

I agree.

I am a little interested on what "we" do. in terms of healing Clerics can heal the same if not flat out better than mages can, our support spells are pretty similar to what bard can dish out...so really why did I pick Mage? It isn't even like our pets are the best either

However I do not expect this game to be balanced 100% upon release and due to so many massive soul combinations that exist it will take time to get everything even. So I'd say it would be nice to know what Trions goal is with Mage, but for the most part it is up to them

Not to sound like a crying kid, but I pre-ordered the game after hearing about the alpha patch notes and they buffed mages. Then I hear that mages get nerfed back down. I understand that the game we are playing is not 50 yet, so I'll probably at least give it some time before making my judgement, but I can say that I am regretting pre-ordering at this moment.

I completely agree with the OP. There have been almost nothing said about class balancing and it would be nice to at least hear what they have to say about it. Is it balanced around PvE or PvP? Or both? And countless other questions that the OP posted.
    It will always baffle me that people would object to quality of life improvements and just blame it on being lazy.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the support guys. I agree completely. If I can use an industry reference to show similar behavior, CCP Games recently re-embraced transparency and also getting in-line with the community by enhancing how much input and time they spent listening to a council of players elected to represent their interests. In line with this, one of the biggest requests by this CSM was greater transparency.

CCP starts to release many more "dev blogs" on a variety of topics, as well as outlaying what the dev teams are working on. It has had a very positive effect overall on the state of the game. For this reason I continue to promote a Community Manager presence in the mage community !

We can assist this by remaining as constructive as we can even when we're voicing "negative" criticisms.

+ Reply to Thread