Default Plague Bolt is OP!

Apparently, anyway.

* Plague Bolt: Reduced damage.

hits softer than void bolt, and cant even reduce the cast time. I lol'd >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Chilton View Post
    Apparently, anyway.

theres more to be taken into acount then just the the damage numbers on the tooltip, read up

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chilton View Post
    Apparently, anyway.

The focus of the tree is being shifted towards more pet oriented play. That is all.
    www.maximation.us
    #1 Guardian raiding guild. Check us out if you think you have what it takes!

-Opi & Opii @ Shatterbone

Ascendant

Who uses plague bolt anyway? Soul Purge has something like an 80% uptime anyway, purge purge redot purge redot purge ect.

Plane Touched

I think the nerf has less to do with shifting towards the pet as it does with balancing out the recent buff through Deadly Plague (5 stack Deathly calling = +25% bolt damage). I suspect it pushed bolt DPS above the dev's threshold.

Shadowlander

Yeah, with my Necro-Warlock build, I already took Plague Bolt off of my action bar. I got Deathly Calling stacks from Grave Rot instead. Void Bolt was my fallback ability. With the Vengeful Spirit talent, your pet doesn't consume Deathly Calling, so I see no problem with not using Plague Bolt.

Of course, I only got to play with this spec for 1 day before the Beta went offline, so maybe I'm missing something.

Look at that, no reason to use Plague Bolt over Void Bolt again.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkit View Post
    Yeah, with my Necro-Warlock build, I already took Plague Bolt off of my action bar. I got Deathly Calling stacks from Grave Rot instead. Void Bolt was my fallback ability. With the Vengeful Spirit talent, your pet doesn't consume Deathly Calling, so I see no problem with not using Plague Bolt.

Of course, I only got to play with this spec for 1 day before the Beta went offline, so maybe I'm missing something.
    I would still pull with plague bolt at later levels. Or when the tank was doing the countdown on pulling in dungeons i'd know when to start casting and itd land shortly after he aggrod. Using plague bolt as pulling followed up with necrosis (both hit at same time) gets that 1 deathly calling so when the pet hits he instantly gets the bonus from necrosis and deathly calling, then I lead into grave rot and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiden View Post
    Look at that, no reason to use Plague Bolt over Void Bolt again.
    Yes the 25% bonus damage is 100% worthless and we should all delete our Necros and roll Warlocks since other wise we are all useless useless i say.

The new PB sounds alot better not only can you keep it buffed at 25% damage you keep deathly calling on boosting the pet with out having to spam grave rot over all i think it will be well worth using now unlike before.
    Last edited by Fayde; 02-12-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayde View Post
    Yes the 25% bonus damage is 100% worthless and we should all delete our Necros and roll Warlocks since other wise we are all useless useless i say.
    I lol'd, because nowhere did I say necros suck and warlocks are better.

And since they nerfed Plague Bolt the 25% bonus probably won't be too substantial anymore.
    Last edited by Kojiden; 02-12-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Shadowlander

Ignoring Deathly Calling's benefit for pets for the moment, Plague Bolt has a 25% an additional damage bonus while Void Bolt has a 0.5 second cast time reduction. In terms of DPS on 2 second cast time spells, 25% additional damage is equivalent to 0.5 second cast time reduction. The difference is that Void Bolt deals more damage, you don't need to stack any buff for the cast time reduction, and Void Bolt will generate more charge over time.

So if you have the Deathly Calling stacks handled, there's no reason to ever cast Plague Bolt over Void Bolt, unless you don't have the Warlock soul, of course. Some people seem to prefer letting Grave Rot put the stacks up for them. Some people seem to prefer opening with Plague Bolt to get things started. No one prefers ignoring Void Bolt over Plague Bolt.

During my last few levels, I was using Void Bolt a lot more, just so I can get the 100% refresh of Life Leech.

All I can say is that Necro has enough bad talents in the tree for dps that we need PB to be good so we can use that talent and not have it be trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkit View Post
    Ignoring Deathly Calling's benefit for pets for the moment, Plague Bolt has a 25% an additional damage bonus while Void Bolt has a 0.5 second cast time reduction. In terms of DPS on 2 second cast time spells, 25% additional damage is equivalent to 0.5 second cast time reduction. The difference is that Void Bolt deals more damage, you don't need to stack any buff for the cast time reduction, and Void Bolt will generate more charge over time.

So if you have the Deathly Calling stacks handled, there's no reason to ever cast Plague Bolt over Void Bolt, unless you don't have the Warlock soul, of course. Some people seem to prefer letting Grave Rot put the stacks up for them. Some people seem to prefer opening with Plague Bolt to get things started. No one prefers ignoring Void Bolt over Plague Bolt.
    You can not just go and say the pet buff apart should be overlooked.

Plauge bolt is better than Void bolt this up coming patch.

People need to stop this silly one way thinking it not funny any more how stupid people can be at times.
    (that's not aimed at you it's general so it includes you)

Plauge is going to be better than Void i would clame its all ways been but people still can not see any thing but raw numbers on the skills to care about any vaild points made.

It buffs the pet greaty up to 50/100% on some skills that refresh quite fast the damage over time is alot higher for plauge bolt due to the second effect and Void.

Its all so now going to be 25% stronger at 5 stacks you can grave rot and plauge bolt and keep that 25% uptill the end of time it might be geting a small nerf but i do not think for one second its going to not come out around 10% stronger than what it is now.

People did nothing but whine over necrosis been weak since they did not care to read up on the second effect yet you do not see them whining now that they found how much of a boost it has on the pet.

Nerco is a pet class a good 70% odd of our damage is coming form the pet not our spells so for raw damage on the spell only they will be weaker than a warlock thats a damage dealing soul that has all its damage coming form it self.
    Last edited by Fayde; 02-12-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

You can not just go and say the pet buff apart should be overlooked.

Plauge bolt is better than Void bolt this up coming patch.

People need to stop this silly one way thinking it not funny any more how stupid people can be at times.

Plauge is going to be better than Void i would clame its all ways been but people still can not see any thing but raw numbers on the skills to care about any vaild points made.

It buffs the pet greaty up to 50/100% on some skills that refresh quite fast the damage over time is alot higher for plauge bolt due to the second effect and Void.

Its all so now going to be 25% stronger at 5 stacks you can grave rot and plauge bolt and keep that 25% uptill the end of time it might be geting a small nerf but i do not think for one second its going to not come out around 10% stronger than what it is now.

People did nothing but whine over necrosis been weak since they did not care to read up on the second effect yet you do not see them whining now that they found how much of a boost it has on the pet.

Nerco is a pet class a good 70% odd of our damage is coming form the pet not our spells so for raw damage on the spell only they will be weaker than a warlock thats a damage dealing soul that has all its damage coming form it self.
    pssst grave rot also gives deathly calling not just plague bolt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast