+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elementalist / Archon and pet growth?

Shadowlander

Default Elementalist / Archon and pet growth?

I have always played non-pet class casters in other games, but sort of looked envious upon them later in life. So I wanted to play a pet class in Rift. I also don’t care to play the most popular class that the masses play. This obviously leaves me with Elementalist – too much Necrofever (not that uncommon regardless of the game).

What appears to me is that the pets do not progress much over level 30? I probably am mistaken because if that was the case, a pet class would probably not be very successful in endgame. So help me understand this better

I am also sure that there are diminishing returns with the elementalist class i.e. not really worth a 51 spec? Perhaps it is, just not sure. I know that Pyro pairs well with the class as does Storm, but in the endgame are you left with a low level pet? Of course so many Ele/Pyros or Storms…

Guess what I would like is a 33/33 spec of Elementalist/Archon that has a pet for the endgame. Even possible? Otherwise, what are the minimal points to put into Elementalist to have a level 50 pet? I simply don’t want to outgrow my pet.

Prophet of Telara

There seems to be disagreement about whether 0 point pet (Lesser Earth Elemental) continue to level beyond level 30. Overall, people seem agreed that they don't.

But this won't worry you at all if you're putting points into Elementalist - because you'll get the Greater pets which continue to level higher.

X

Shadowlander

...but the Greater Air Elemental Pet says the max level is 27. See my confusion?

Plane Touched

The first rank of it does yes. Just like the first rank of the lesser earth elemental only goes to level 4.

Champion

Lesser goes from lvl 1-30
    Greater goes from lvl 21-50

Lesser main stats stop at 83.
    Greater so far has no cap. Sure there is one, but much higher.

You need 0 points in ele or necro to have max lvl of 30 pet.
    You need 21 points in ele or necro to have a max level of 50 pet.

Prophet of Telara

Aye... upgrade it at your friendly neighbourhood Mage Trainer and it will go all the way to 50 with you.

X

Plane Walker

I'm only putting 15 into ele to get my crit bonuses for pyro.

I've resigned myself to the fact that my pet will be useless after lvl 30.

Prophet of Telara

Lol... you only need to put another 6 points in, to get the pet that levels all the way to 50.

You can even put those points into Exposure/Improved Exposure and be increasing your Pyro damage at the same time...

X

Quote Originally Posted by XtremElement View Post
    Lol... you only need to put another 6 points in, to get the pet that levels all the way to 50.

You can even put those points into Exposure/Improved Exposure and be increasing your Pyro damage at the same time...

X
    What does mean 6 points in? I've seen nice buffs to earth elemental through Elementalist's talents, bu I can not find earth elemental other than earth. I want to play elementalist with only tough earth elemental, not with other elementals. Can I have lvl 50 earth elemental. I didn't found that in skills but "you only need to put another 6 points in, to get the pet that levels all the way to 50. " made me hope that I could have 50 lvl earth elemental because there are no elementals but earth at 6 points in this soul.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Hobboth View Post
    What does mean 6 points in? I've seen nice buffs to earth elemental through Elementalist's talents, bu I can not find earth elemental other than earth. I want to play elementalist with only tough earth elemental, not with other elementals. Can I have lvl 50 earth elemental. I didn't found that in skills but "you only need to put another 6 points in, to get the pet that levels all the way to 50. " made me hope that I could have 50 lvl earth elemental because there are no elementals but earth at 6 points in this soul.
    Oh are you using zam? Yeah, they have major mistakes in their builder.

Most put 15 points into elementalist to get to the 3rd row, with tempest, for 50% crit dmg. Putting in another 6points gets you to the 5th row with 1 point, which if you put into Greater elemental affinity, gets you both the greater earth and air pets. Zam build is incorrect, as for some reason, most likely a dream, they decided to make that into "summons greater air elemental".

21 points invested gets you the greater earth and greater air elementals, from the same ability. Those grow to 50. The lesser air and lesser earth only grow to lvl 30.

Quote Originally Posted by kuggy View Post
    Oh are you using zam? Yeah, they have major mistakes in their builder.

Most put 15 points into elementalist to get to the 3rd row, with tempest, for 50% crit dmg. Putting in another 6points gets you to the 5th row with 1 point, which if you put into Greater elemental affinity, gets you both the greater earth and air pets. Zam build is incorrect, as for some reason, most likely a dream, they decided to make that into "summons greater air elemental".

21 points invested gets you the greater earth and greater air elementals, from the same ability. Those grow to 50. The lesser air and lesser earth only grow to lvl 30.
    Yes, I'm using zam. Thank you for explanation.

There seems to be disagreement about whether 0 point pet (Lesser Earth Elemental) continue to level beyond level 30. Overall, people seem agreed that they don't.

But this won't worry you at all if you're putting points into Elementalist - because you'll get the Greater pets which continue to level higher.

X
    Im level 34 with out the greater pet and mines the same level as me so it looks like it still goes on untli 50.

Prophet of Telara

There is some confusion.... but it seems that the stats and pet improvements seem to stop happening at level 30 on the 0 point pets... whereas the higher ones will continue to scale with you. Your pet may have the same visual level as you - but probably doesn't continue to improve its stats beyond 30.

Not saying it for sure... because I haven't actually looked that closely at it myself. I was busy with other stuff last beta.

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 02-13-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Champion

There is some confusion.... but it seems that the stats and pet improvements seem to stop happening at level 30 on the 0 point pets... whereas the higher ones will continue to scale with you. Your pet may have the same visual level as you - but probably doesn't continue to improve its stats beyond 30.

Not saying it for sure... because I haven't actually looked that closely at it myself. I was busy with other stuff last beta.

X
    Lesser pets for str, dex, wis, and int have a cap of 83. I have the armor cap as well somewhere. Generally that is reached at level 27 however, with decent gear.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Braunfelt View Post
    Im level 34 with out the greater pet and mines the same level as me so it looks like it still goes on untli 50.
    No, you are incorrect. Easy to remember different, since we all do this at times. However, your lesser elemental or undead pet never passed 30.

+ Reply to Thread