+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Choloro/lock Build - need some Insight

Soulwalker

Default Choloro/lock Build - need some Insight

So when rift starts i am planning to level as lock/chloro with a friend that is going rogue on a pvp server, I would appreciate some constructive criticism.

I have divided into Warlock and Chloromancer for the healing also the damage over time both trees offer, with 15% increased DoT damage in the warlock tree this further seems like a good build,I take dominator as my third tree, for the utility of transmogrify as taking necromancer would limit the pets use at higher levels, In the warlock roots i put enough points in for the silence.

I don't expect to be the main source of damage, as my leveling partner will be going pure dps.In the Chloromancer tree, i take only what seems necessary to help my other tree aswell as to give myself utility.

I do not plan to PvE in this build, this build is primarily for world pvp/leveling.
    I assume (hope to assume) that mana in a world pvp encounter would not be too much of a problem, so in the chloromancer tree i do not take Empathetic bond.

Using vile spores as my main cast-time-nuke, Taking it over void bolt due to the talent Natural Corrosion.
    Am i gimping myself by not reaching the last 2-4 spells of the roots in both trees?

So, in conclusion i have Healing, Damage over time spells, CC: Fear, Transmogrify,Wither, 2/3 Improved dark fury,choke,End of tree - neddras essence for damage reduction, essence surge for a nice heal.
    I plan to get a PvP soul when i can - but this is my build before i can obtain one

Build-
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...qgo.VdIu0Aczoo

Thanks in Advance to anyone who provides useful information.

PS: if it matters, Friend is going Mainspec Nightblade with splash talents into riftstalker and sab.
    Last edited by Adrem; 02-12-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Level 50 pvp build, on a pvp server, and you aren't going to even purchased the pvp soul, much less use it?

I mean, you won't be 'leveling' anymore, so why wouldn't you drop points into the pvp soul?
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

Soulwalker

on Chloromancer side, Natural Awareness is huge, no reason to miss it.
    If you bother to take Natural Fusion, find an extra point for Nature Touch, its Chloromancer's biggest single target heal, plus good dmg. Call of Spring does not affect Lifegiving Veil btw, no idea if its intended or just bugged.

On lock, well, life leech isn't worth the cast time even if you improve it. Opportunity certainly worth maxing it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by popsicledeath View Post
    Level 50 pvp build, on a pvp server, and you aren't going to even purchased the pvp soul, much less use it?

I mean, you won't be 'leveling' anymore, so why wouldn't you drop points into the pvp soul?
    Good point, i was misinformed about PvP souls - Ty for the info
    Also if possible, what level can i pick up a pvp soul? is it only for level 50's?
    Last edited by Adrem; 02-12-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Java2 View Post
    on Chloromancer side, Natural Awareness is huge, no reason to miss it.
    If you bother to take Natural Fusion, find an extra point for Nature Touch, its Chloromancer's biggest single target heal, plus good dmg. Call of Spring does not affect Lifegiving Veil btw, no idea if its intended or just bugged.

On lock, well, life leech isn't worth the cast time even if you improve it. Opportunity certainly worth maxing it.
    sounds good, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adrem View Post
    Good point, i was misinformed about PvP souls - Ty for the info
    Yeah, they're good. Too good, imo, as it forces any pvper to invest fully in them, which is boring to me as I find more fun in tinkering with the regular souls to create pvp builds instead of having them given to us.

I think the higher ranks in the pvp soul are only unlocked at 50 (or maybe that was a nasty rumor), so a full pvp build may not be your just-dinged-level-50 build, but could certainly start. 15% more damage to players... ya know, is pretty good.

Rift Disciple

you can purchase archmage once you have the points for it.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicledeath View Post

honestly, I've been PvPing with a chlorolock, and one of the roles is chloro/lock/archmage(pvp soul), and the pvp soul doesn't seem to add much. I actually do better with chlorolock and a few points in Archon.

Rift Disciple

I preferred to put a few points in dominator for Arresting Presence. Channeled silence is amazing in pvp, lets you shutdown healers for your dps partner to destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Theskal View Post
    honestly, I've been PvPing with a chlorolock, and one of the roles is chloro/lock/archmage(pvp soul), and the pvp soul doesn't seem to add much. I actually do better with chlorolock and a few points in Archon.
    15% more damage against players or 15% less likely to be crit by players doesn't add much?

We'll just have to agree to be from different planets, then.

Soulwalker

For now the 15% more dot damage does not affect the dot from spores and ruin. dont know if its a bug or not tho.

+ Reply to Thread