+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stormcaller/Elementalist/Chloromancer?

Default Stormcaller/Elementalist/Chloromancer?

Hello there Mage community. I've been coaxed by some buddies of mine to roll Guardian on a PvE server (YUCK!). That being the case I figured I would try out a mage this round of the beta to see if it works out any better than my Melee Cleric. So, after playing with the trees I've determined that the SC suits my playstyle the best, and the Elementalist buffs the SC fairly well in the early tiers of the tree and provides a tanking pet.

I know that a lot of people take the Dom for a 3rd soul ( I plan on doing so for PvP) but strictly from a leveling/solo build what are your opinions on bringing in the Chloro for a 0 point tree? I may be leveling with 2 - 3 people at a time and I really enjoy the playstyle of being a hybrid, but lightning casters have always intrigued me in games. How affective have you Chloros found raidant spores to be? Is it worth a 0 point tree?

This is a build I was thinking of up to level 20.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRyq..VGht0z.V0z

Thoughts?

I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

Prophet of Telara

Having chloro as a 0 point won't hurt... and keep in mind, that you can switch 0 point souls on the fly as much as you like without resetting or changing roles - so you don't really have to choose just one 0 point soul. It's only a levelling Role after all.

If you're up against a collection of a few too many mobs, switch the third soul to Dom and squirrel one of them. If you want to AoE a fair bit but that grabs you aggro - because the lesser Earth Ele doesn't have AoE taunt - then you might go Chloro for a little extra healing or Warlock for the life-leech. If you happen across a rift/invasion and there isn't another Chloro there - or in PvP, Radiant Spores can really help out a lot of your fellow combatants. If you're in an instance group, you might choose Archon and stack up Pillaging stone for the Abilities buffs, to add a bit more to your damage.

There's no real reason to pin yourself down to one particular 0 point soul. It's only if you plan to put points into your third soul that you lose this flexibility.

X

i'd suggest waiting for beta 7 to make builds for stormcaller.

He's getting some stuff changed in his tree and apparently, it's quite important changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyght View Post
    i'd suggest waiting for beta 7 to make builds for stormcaller.

He's getting some stuff changed in his tree and apparently, it's quite important changes.
    where can I read about those changes. I'm playing a SC and would like to see what those changes are
    for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under enemy rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. `Declaration of Arbroath

i'm afraid u'll just have to wait til the 15th.

people in the alpha leaked some patch info, but it's still not finalized. best just wait til Tuesday for info that's more tangible.

+ Reply to Thread