+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEcro pets

Rift Disciple

Default NEcro pets

I really like the 2nd Necro pet... Its a tank and he has great survivabillity..

But then the level 20+ pets somehwat dissapoint, am i the only one feeling like this?

The level 20 necro pet (Skeletal Zealot) is the "PvP" pet. As some might say. I agree as well.I use him for PvP and it works out great.
    Tranquility - A Pie loving Guild.
    Your thoughts, your actions, your very form; mine to do with as I see fit.

The improved pets can be soul specced for at 21 at the earliest.

To the OP - The DPS and tank pets are the same as their upgraded versions except the upgraded ones get a third ability and a new skin. otherwise as of last beta the stat scaling, HP, armor, etc is the same between the lower and upgrade versions.

For that reason, yes I am dissapointed as well. "upgraded should upgrade everything IMO.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Brink907 View Post

To the OP - The DPS and tank pets are the same as their upgraded versions except the upgraded ones get a third ability and a new skin. otherwise as of last beta the stat scaling, HP, armor, etc is the same between the lower and upgrade versions.

For that reason, yes I am dissapointed as well. "upgraded should upgrade everything IMO.
    Which is a pitty... as this will make them near to useless as we get better armor, mobs get tougher and pets don't scale with us...

What's the main difference between skeletal zealot and shadow revenant? I've just been using zealot all the time cause I don't really know the difference. Is shadow revenant more of a trash-mob aoe pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiden View Post
    What's the main difference between skeletal zealot and shadow revenant? I've just been using zealot all the time cause I don't really know the difference. Is shadow revenant more of a trash-mob aoe pet?
    Zealot hold aggro incredibly better.

Well the shadow rev is not supposed to hold aggro, Its a magic caster that helps spread curses and dot's. I haven't done enough testing to determine which is better for pvp and pve, but then again everything is mostly situational.
    Defiant:Not just a faction... but a Lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Korntastic View Post
    does this mean my que is going to restart? im in 137 position. if it does im going to slam my fist through the screen

Telaran

actually Reventant is the PVP pet and Zealot is the dps pet upgrade from the 0 point pet.

compareable to Elementalist where you get the waterpet in root tree and its the pvp pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brink907 View Post

The lower pets have a maximum level, too. (once you get to a certain rank, they are no longer trainable, so they are locked at a certain level maximum).

The higher pets have more ranks trainable, so I assume they go all the way to 50. No one but the alpha players know for sure.

I've not got to mess around with shadow revenant too much yet, but it seems from the little I used it that it's mainly for dungeons and aoe pulls. So putting down grave rot, then necrosis on a main target, then having the shadow revenant attack.

Is that the best way to use it or what are some of you guys rotations and situations when using shadow revenant?

+ Reply to Thread