+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pyro max dps build.

Soulwalker

Default Pyro max dps build.

So I have been playing around with builds so far im looking at Pyro-Archon. I have pick Archon for fire dmg buff and mana regen now im looking for a 3rd soul. Havent got to play with play with the other class so looking fir a build with either a long duration on their dots , or a pet that does great sustain dmg without me having to button mash or a tree that has rally good haste or w/e it may be called in this game. Fire is where my main nukes will come from so looking for a 3rd tree that will be great support for the two i have picked.
    Last edited by Stray; 02-11-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Plane Walker

For max pyro dps, you definitely want to put 15 into elementalist. You get +5% crit chance, and +50% critical damage.

Are you talking about max dps in pvp or pve because it is very different?

Telaran

Yea, for PvP, you want the Archmage soul with 15% damage against players. Even still, there's not enough burst in the elemental callings.
    Last edited by Krejci; 02-11-2011 at 12:00 PM.

EQ1 preLuclin, Saryrn
    WoW preWotLK, Terenas
    Vangaurd preAPW, Woefeather

15% in ele is a great option, increased crit and 50% crit damage increase.

for,now the answer is pyro archon ele.

Just hope they give the element base mages a boost a litte more dps. or that it scales better after 35.
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-rift/8076_cb5d671a0d6aac93.png
    I put the pig, in elitest pig.
    DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please feel free to ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me, and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Shadowlander

Just speculating here but I think going 15 in Elementalist and 16 in Dominator may be higher burst for either pvp/pve.

With heatwave up you could pull off the Squirrel/cinderburst trick twice in a row...ouch..

Champion

for a chance at decent DPS in the pyro soul, your only real option is to pair it with warlock, for its "oppurtunity" freebie insta cast proc.

You get enough crit from the pyro soul, really never noticed the diffrence adding elementalists crit bonus between when i used it and when i didnt.

Archmage is a must if your going pvp.

I guess archon would be a good third soul JUST for the fire dmg boost.

Other than just "feeling like you do good DPS".... you still wont be hanging out with the games DPS big boys even with a pyro/no pet / DPS build...hopefully that changes after 35...
    Last edited by Crunchyblack; 02-11-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyblack View Post
    for a chance at decent DPS in the pyro soul, your only real option is to pair it with warlock, for its "oppurtunity" freebie insta cast proc.

You get enough crit from the pyro soul, really never noticed the diffrence adding elementalists crit bonus between when i used it and when i didnt.

Archmage is a must if your going pvp.

I guess archon would be a good third soul JUST for the fire dmg boost.

Other than just "feeling like you do good DPS".... you still wont be hanging out with the games DPS big boys even with a pyro/no pet / DPS build...hopefully that changes after 35...
    What are the DPS big boys?

Rift Disciple

Prolly something along the lines of this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...cxIzuc0xo.Vx0t

Taking all buffs and spells into account I believe this build would offer a considerable amount (if not most) dps:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...t.gftIzusuto.V

Pyromancer 44 ( Base of dps and the more point put in generate more damage via Burning Bright)
    Elementalist 17(Points in this give you a pet, 5% crit chance increase, and a 50% crit damage increase, as well as a curse that causes spells to hit 6% more for 30 seconds/)
    Archon 5 ( 5% fire damage increase)
    Last edited by Vincennes; 02-11-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes View Post
    Taking all buffs and spells into account I believe this build would offer a considerable amount (if not most) dps:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...t.gftIzusuto.V

Pyromancer 44 ( Base of dps and the more point put in generate more damage via Burning Bright)
    Elementalist 17(Points in this give you a pet, 5% crit chance increase, and a 50% crit damage increase, as well as a curse that causes spells to hit 6% more for 30 seconds/)
    Archon 5 ( 5% fire damage increase)
    You`re telling me you would rather trade in 3.5% and a deadly level 50 skill for the 5%? Something seems wrong here....
    Last edited by tHeUnBeAtAbLe; 02-12-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Best DPS build is 21 in Ele for pet, 5 in Archon and rest in Pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    You`re telling me you would rather trade in 3.5% and a deadly level 50 skill for the 5%? Something seems wrong here....
    Fulminate is powerful, but with such a massive cooldown its useless in PVE

2% to all your damage is stronger than bursting a target once a minute
    Last edited by Talamare; 02-12-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    Fulminate is powerful, but with such a massive cooldown its useless in PVE

2% to all your damage is stronger than bursting a target once a minute
    It`s a 1.5% increase compared to what Burning Brights gives you. So you`re telling me u`d rather have a 1.5% fire dmg increase over an instant cast (best) pyro skill in game? I guess it`s just a matter of opinion, but somehow I just can`t seem to want a 2-3 damage increase (refering to level 35)... maybe like 5 damage increase per fireball at 50 instead of that 400 damage skill.

Might I add, that if those 5 points are taken away from the archon build... you can use Dominator and have a free CC skill.
    Last edited by tHeUnBeAtAbLe; 02-12-2011 at 12:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast