+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How will you level?

Default How will you level?

I have been wondering that should I level as fast as possible to 42 in next beta event (and in that case also to level as fast as possible 50 in head-start) or enjoy the leveling more and level as Pyromancer, what I'm thinking as my main in this game currently.

I have found few "pros" and "cons" from both of those ideas. If I level as fast as possible to 50 I have time to level my professionals and do other things before there is enough guys in max to do raids and PVP. But then I have hard time to learn Pyromancer because I have not played it when I was leveling.

I have thoght that I would level as Elemental Summoner if I would like to level very fast to level 50. Anyway, leveling as Pyromancer would maybe be more funnier because I just find it more enojyable in my case, but then I guess leveling would be pretty much slower because it's not so flexible and if you get too much adds I would die more faster, at least this is my opinion.

And I wouldn't play so much Elemental Summoner after hitting 50 because I just don't find pet classes so fun than classes where you can make nice nuke in so short time.

Anyway, what will you fellow mages do in next beta event, in head-start and in retail? Will you just roam around and enjoy the content as leveling slowly or do you want to get 50 fast and get in the raids and do PVP?

By pressing buttons furiously.

I will be leveling up a cleric for the next beta to get a better understanding of them

Leveling to 42 in a beta is going to make the leveling process the following week that much more boring.

Plane Touched

Well, Ill probably go Warlock in the starting zones (was able to pull 3 mobs or so and survive in beta 5, so hopefully I can still do that at launch).
    Later on, when I get the cash to get more roles I will probably roll up a chloro support healing specc of a sort, a pve dps specc of a sort, and my main pvp specc. Then ill level the game through dungeons and warfronts, the questing, all the way to 35 so far isn't exactly genre breaking. If I want to get a grasp about the story, well, I really like the bard, so thatd be a good alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    I will be leveling up a cleric for the next beta to get a better understanding of them. Leveling to 42 in a beta is going to make the leveling process the following week that much more boring.
    (O_O) you must be a mind reader. I was going to try a Cleric from scratch too.

I'll carry on levelling at steady pace doing the quests, exploring, bit of crafting and some bug hunting. I've no desire to rush to the end and the set up on the mage is Chloro/Necro/Stormcaller so she's handy for both solo and grouping.
    Last edited by Cadiva; 02-11-2011 at 12:41 PM.
    *I am not a smurf*

Einherjar
    Blightweald - Guardians

I will level by:
    solo questing to 17.
    IT to 22 or 23.
    Solo questing to 25.
    DM to 30.
    Cascade to 32-33
    Solo questing to 34
    KB to 37.

After that, i don't know yet. Will mix in Rift events as they come up. It's a dynamic world, so i'll do that content dynamically.

Class-wise, I'm playing a Chloro. Going to use an Ele pet until about level 30, after that switch to Necro pet.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Soulwalker

Is it true that our open-beta characters will transfer to live on March 1st?

Edit: Nevermind, found this:

"You keep your charcters from previous betas in beta 7.

After beta 7 finishes all beta characters will be wiped, you will then start from level 1 all over again at the headstart/release. "
    Last edited by sjak; 02-11-2011 at 01:01 PM.

I will level consecutively, from 1 to 50... It just feels 'natural.'
    "You did me no wrong calling me a raven, or thinking me one, you allowed me existence which is the sum of what one can demand of his fellow beings." -- Mr. Raven "Lilith" by George MacDonald

Thulmann - Rogue - Ascension

Prophet of Telara

I have been wondering that should I level as fast as possible to 42 in next beta event (and in that case also to level as fast as possible 50 in head-start)
    Leveling to 42 in a beta is going to make the leveling process the following week that much more boring.
    Just to be clear... they'll wipe the characters from beta before head-start anyway, no? Why does what you do in beta affect your headstart/live approach or experience particularly?

Personally, I plan to bumble along quite sedately. I haven't done any crafting so far in beta - and will probably pick up and do some of that when we're live. I haven't joined a guild in beta either, because I've been playing on a German server (was easier to get on and lower server load during my play time on the whole) - but I'll want to be on an English one from live I'd imagine.

Do we know yet whether the XP rates will be the same on live by the way? It seems to me that we've been levelling pretty quickly through stuff so far - and it hadn't really slowed down that much in the 25-30 and 30-35 ranges in beta. I wouldn't be at all surprised if XP rates were dropped a chunk for live...

X

I will be leveling probably solo throughout the game. I will try all the dungeons at least once in order to get a feel for them. Also to learn the strategy but mainly solo. I don't like being bogged down by other players.

I`m leveling only through the warfronts, done it in beta without doing one quest, and accumulated enough favor for a PvP piece. By the time I reach 50 through warfronts, I`ll probably have 2, or maybe 3 PvP pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremElement View Post
    Just to be clear... they'll wipe the characters from beta before head-start anyway, no? Why does what you do in beta affect your headstart/live approach or experience particularly?

Personally, I plan to bumble along quite sedately. I haven't done any crafting so far in beta - and will probably pick up and do some of that when we're live. I haven't joined a guild in beta either, because I've been playing on a German server (was easier to get on and lower server load during my play time on the whole) - but I'll want to be on an English one from live I'd imagine.

Do we know yet whether the XP rates will be the same on live by the way? It seems to me that we've been levelling pretty quickly through stuff so far - and it hadn't really slowed down that much in the 25-30 and 30-35 ranges in beta. I wouldn't be at all surprised if XP rates were dropped a chunk for live...

X
    Hartsman confirmed in an interview a few days ago that beta has the same experience curve/rate/whatever that the game will have at release. He doesn't care if people get to 50 fast. I believe his exact words were "Grinds are for games without an endgame. We have an endgame."

I've leveled 3 defiant characters to 20, and 2 into the 30s. So going through Freemarch yet again will probably be a little boring, and that's why people are saying that all the leveling they do in beta is going to affect what they do when the game releases. I'll still be leveling to 50 as soon as possible though.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by sjak View Post
    Is it true that our open-beta characters will transfer to live on March 1st?

Edit: Nevermind, found this:

"You keep your charcters from previous betas in beta 7.

After beta 7 finishes all beta characters will be wiped, you will then start from level 1 all over again at the headstart/release. "
    You need to make a completely new character at launch, ofcoruse.
    The Zwoop tHEzWOOP Thezwoop tHEZWOOP TheZwoop ThezwooP THEzwoop theZWOOP thezwOOp THeZWooP thEzwOOp tHeZwOoP ThezwOOp THEzWOOp

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Hartsman confirmed in an interview a few days ago that beta has the same experience curve/rate/whatever that the game will have at release. He doesn't care if people get to 50 fast. I believe his exact words were "Grinds are for games without an endgame. We have an endgame."

I've leveled 3 defiant characters to 20, and 2 into the 30s. So going through Freemarch yet again will probably be a little boring, and that's why people are saying that all the leveling they do in beta is going to affect what they do when the game releases. I'll still be leveling to 50 as soon as possible though.
    Yeah, personally I'm not sure what I want to do in beta 7 as I am worried about getting partially burnt out on Rift before it goes live. I already leveled a rogue 1-30 in beta 5 and a cleric 1-35 in beta 6, leveling up another character in beta 7 and then leveling up yet another character 2 days later when headstart begins seems like it could be detrimental to how much I end up enjoying the first bits of rift as there wouldn't be a whole lot of shiny new stuff to do until I reached around 35+. And with the release having shiny new stuff to do is pretty important but having stuff to do during the last beta is important too.... *grumbles*

Okita 60 Rogue l Creiddy 60 Cleric l Sacaen 60 Warr l Shiiun 60 Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast