+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Combining X Soul with the Elementalist - Pets still viable?

Plane Touched

Default Combining X Soul with the Elementalist - Pets still viable?

Hello all, apologise if this has been covered elsewhere.

I will be testing out primarily the mage tree this beta, and I was wondering about the viability of the pets in mixed builds.

If I spend equal points in stormcalling and elementalist, for example, around lvl 37, the highest pet I can summon would be a Greater Air Elemental (lvl27).

This makes me wonder, if the pets stats and contribution will be negligible, considering the level difference, or if there is a invisible scaling that will make my dps pet still viable or my tank pet still able to tank things.

Thanks!

I believe the base pet (earth) is rank 30 max, air should be 37 and the other two are unknown to me. They scale the same way abilities do.

Telaran

the T1 pets (0 points and 12 points) max out at level 30, to get higher pets you need to invest 21 points into the tree to get the upgraded pets which level above 30

Plane Touched

so you can go purchase the skills like you are upgrading your dps spells, and that way you can increase the max lvl of a pet summoned?

if so, does this have anything to do with the number of points spent in the ele tree, or it is all dependent on your char level?

In other words, can I spend 1 point in ele tree and have a lvl 40 lesser earth elemental with the upgraded purchased skills, at lvl 40 which can hold aggro?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iseldiena View Post
    so you can go purchase the skills like you are upgrading your dps spells, and that way you can increase the max lvl of a pet summoned?

if so, does this have anything to do with the number of points spent in the ele tree, or it is all dependent on your char level?

In other words, can I spend 1 point in ele tree and have a lvl 40 lesser earth elemental with the upgraded purchased skills, at lvl 40 which can hold aggro?
    No.

Here is the deal. Not being rude, just being blunt, which I believe will be most helpful.

Less you put in 21 points in ele/necro, your pet fun ends at 33-34. At that point, your pet will be so bad performance wise you could desummon it and never feel it. It also, will never get better, period whatsoever, without 21 point investment.

Most stats hit their cap, such as 83 is the stat cap for lesser pets in str, int, dex, wis etc. Your pet hits severe penalties for being 3 levels below the mob's level. Lesser pets lvl cap at 30, main stat cap before that, and there is nothing you can do to change that.

33+, 21 points in the pet class or learn to live without the pet.

Yes, you upgrade at your trainer as normal.

Points spent in the tree is irreleveant.
    If you have learnt the skill by spending the points in the tree, then you can level that skill once you reach the appropriate level for it's next upgrade.

No, because the 0 and 12 point pets can only goto level 30 (they will be essentially useless after level 32/33).
    You could be level 45 and your Lesser Earth Elemental could still be level 30, with his level 30 skills and stats.
    You need to spend a minimum of 21 points in order to be able to summon the "greater" versions, which then scale with you as you level into endgame.

Plane Touched

thank you for the informative posts, i now get it.

+ Reply to Thread