+ Reply to Thread

Thread: are there different armor styles then the bathrobe look ?

Rift Disciple

Default are there different armor styles then the bathrobe look ?

when i checked some of the armor sets on vendors and pvp sets i saw mostly huge bulky dresses with little
    appeal.

now some of the npc's in rift wear really nice looking clothing and what seems like caster armor, will we see something
    similar in rift for players ?

i am reluctant to play mages in retail, because of the bathrobe design that seems to always haunt this class.

so far i have only seen nice armor for mages on npc's that look like mage's , the pvp sets dont appeal to me except for the helmet it is once again a giant dress with little aesthetic value to me atleast.

if you do like the bathrobe designs thats fine too, i just wouldnt mind the option of different looks similar to the way npc's seem to dress.
    i wouldnt mind seeing an appearance slot , if there is one robe/dress you like you can simply use that skin instead of the bathrobe that would fix it for me as well.

thanks for reading, hopefully someone can write some good news about fashion and mages.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by curiositykilledthecat View Post
    when i checked some of the armor sets on vendors and pvp sets i saw mostly huge bulky dresses with little
    appeal.

now some of the npc's in rift wear really nice looking clothing and what seems like caster armor, will we see something
    similar in rift for players ?

i am reluctant to play mages in retail, because of the bathrobe design that seems to always haunt this class.

so far i have only seen nice armor for mages on npc's that look like mage's , the pvp sets dont appeal to me except for the helmet it is once again a giant dress with little aesthetic value to me atleast.

if you do like the bathrobe designs thats fine too, i just wouldnt mind the option of different looks similar to the way npc's seem to dress.
    i wouldnt mind seeing an appearance slot , if there is one robe/dress you like you can simply use that skin instead of the bathrobe that would fix it for me as well.

thanks for reading, hopefully someone can write some good news about fashion and mages.
    Who cares what it looks like As long as there is WORLD PVP That is all that matters

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by PVPman View Post
    Who cares what it looks like As long as there is WORLD PVP That is all that matters
    wish we all can live with similar likes , dont get me wrong i like pvp as well.
    but like most women, i like fashion.
    die in style, take life in style ! hehe

There are... I picked up a crafted robe that's hip-length and has a cute peasant look to it. Also, the blue lvl 35 pants with "of the Fortress" in the title are red string, barely there bikinis. I have a screenshot at home that I can post if you want to see it.
    Last edited by Krystaline; 02-11-2011 at 07:24 AM.

[11:13] <Nordain> I'm guessing the hy*** is like the mattress tag
    [11:13] <Nordain> Generally when it gets removed something illegal is happening

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Krystaline View Post
    There are... I picked up a crafted robe that's hip-length and has a cute peasant look to it. I have a screenshot at home that I can post if you want to see it.
    i think i have worn that one, still room for improvement.
    i have seen some really nice npc's robes that look like it came from arabian nights, belly dancer style.

There are a good number of less robe-y mage clothing designs. The problem is that the game currently has no appearance slot, so if the level 35 Blue that you get out of an instance has the robe look, you're pretty much stuck with it.

I really love some of the designs, but then the better item drops and it looks like a bulky robe again.. so until they add cosmetic slots (which i'm sure they will eventually), we're screwed.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

I'm hopeful that the higher level crafted robes have some "oomph" to them. I'm looking forward to what the crafters put on the Auction House this beta ^^

[11:13] <Nordain> I'm guessing the hy*** is like the mattress tag
    [11:13] <Nordain> Generally when it gets removed something illegal is happening

This past beta I focused on crafting the cloth armor for my mage and at 1st I loved the look, thinking it was WAY better looking that the quested robes. Better stats too, so it also had that going for it. But when I went from the T1 crafted Burlap to the T2 crafted Cotton I was quite disappointed -- Identical appearance. I hope the T3 crafted Wool has a new look when I get to it.

Here's what it looks like, if you care, and yes, I know it's a crappy jpg, but deal with it:

http://nomadicgamer.files.wordpress....made-armor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pkudude View Post
    This past beta I focused on crafting the cloth armor for my mage and at 1st I loved the look, thinking it was WAY better looking that the quested robes. Better stats too, so it also had that going for it. But when I went from the T1 crafted Burlap to the T2 crafted Cotton I was quite disappointed -- Identical appearance. [/IMG]
    Stuff like that is what is on the very very back burner when company is trying to ship an MMO. Sucks, I know, but honestly if that's the kind of things we're complaining about Rift is in a pretty good place.

Most other MMOs at this point we'd be complaining about the CTDs and video driver issues.

There are some interesting robe graphics check out the pvp vendors and the t1 dungeon vendors during open beta.
    Last edited by Cabreon; 02-11-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Soulwalker

We are mages, and normally mages ware robes...
    We have the robe look, and then we have the court jester robe look currently :/

I like how most of the robes look, except for the ones that show my upper chest. I mean that just looks wrong on a male drof and shows my man boobs and makes me self conscious. I mean give me some sea shell pasties or something...
    Last edited by dougg; 02-11-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Plane Walker

I like wearing the most obtuse and stupid outfit possible.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post
    I like wearing the most obtuse and stupid outfit possible.
    as one Main tank in my old raiding guild use to say about looks " Id haply have my armor look like a giant ***** if it gave me 1 more hp then what I am currently wearing"

Make ya feel any better i tested the level 50 pvp gear for mage and it looks like Xena's the Warrior princess outfit. The gear can be viewable in the dressing room

+ Reply to Thread