+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rate (out of 5): My Necromancer Build

Default Rate (out of 5): My Necromancer Build

I was testing the build (to some extent) during beta 6, and it seemed to work quite well in both PvE and PvP. (Believe it or not, I even off-healed, and did minor CC during a Realm of the Fae run). Anyway... I just wanted to get feedback from people on these forums about my build (the good and the bad).

Feel free to post any advice on how I may improve this particular build!

Link: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvws.xxohz.EtftAtkus
    Pulled over by woman cop... Didn't know kitchen had speed limit.

Anyone... Anyone at all?

Plane Walker

1/5 . seriously. what are you thinking?

Your necromancer build is... everything in the necromancer tree. I see.
    Hey Castro, let's head back to my place and get seriously blasted.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Plane Walker

best advice i can give is to look for abilities across the different souls that you will always get use out of, rather than dumping all your points into a tree where you'll only use a handful of all the things you get from it. necromancer has several different talent points that are simply useless and provide no real utility to you at all. you have to ask yourself whether or not those extra points could be better spent elsewhere, so you'll actually get something from it
    Last edited by theimpaler; 02-11-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    1/5 . seriously. what are you thinking?
    Care to explain?

If you want the 51 point ability in the Necro tree, well...you gotta max the tree out. I'm sure this build in PvE would be just fine but for PvP there are a lot of potential changes to make it much much better in terms of DoT dps and survivability.

Going 51 points into any tree and then 15 into another is not a very creative build. 51 points into Necro seems pretty pointless for a 5 minute cooldown.

1/5

Telaran

16 38 12 ...........
    16 in lock get you a good aoe and the fastes way to bulid up charg. 38 in necro can get you just about evething you need in necro and 2 good aoe's and a pet with an aoe. 12 in dom get you insta squral remove debuff / when pet gets cc and a 10 second spell reflect.

If you want 51 point necro go 3 51 12.

Plane Walker

This will give you more straight up damage, loses tank pet and rogue pet due to AoE making them essentially useless in harder dungeons and raids..

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...VVxz.EtfzVzzuo

Rift Chaser

He didnt ask to be judged on creativity. I think the spec looks good sorta, I wouldnt go into the warlock tree so much tho, if you ask me. I would prolly go for priest lament in the dominator tree, and not worry to much about the +15% on dots. Your pet is gonna do the majority of your damage, and you will most likely AE. I would however go for void bolt cast reducent by 24% in warlock, and 25% more charge. So you can spam dmg if needed, you wont use your necro bolt for dmg, you will use your AE for that. Its better =)

Thing is tho, going full in necro is a little shame, you upgrade both your caster pet and melee pets. I guess you want the last ability, and its undestadeble. Not sure I would do it, tho. Its a 5 min timer ability, sure it might be good but still. Itsd also a 3 sec cast. I would go for 44 maximum.

3/5

Thing is with the full 51 points in a soul. Its good, and your necro pet will do 38% more dmg than stopping at 32. I personally think we got to many abilities, all the stuff we have to apply on people to make this and that work. Im not sure its good to have all those abilities. I think its good to go for a spec fullout, it gives some of the best abilities in the game too. The last 3 roots. Tho in necro, I dont think its viable to get 51 points. In warlock for examble, or dominator thats a diffrent story.
    Last edited by drack; 02-11-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Xynvyctus View Post
    This will give you more straight up damage, loses tank pet and rogue pet due to AoE making them essentially useless in harder dungeons and raids..

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...VVxz.EtfzVzzuo
    You would not go for a 8 second 80% less dmg ability? Okay, thats preety fail. Thats prolly one of the best, if notthe best thing about warlocks. Survivabillity.

I thought I had read somewhere that pets were being granted aoe avoidance. If that is true then worrying about aoe for melee pets is not a worry at all. I just wish I could remember where I read that post.

Rift Disciple

Since pet damage improves with every point spent in necro, 51 points will yield the best possible pet dps. If that is the goal of the build, then it succeeded. At 35 with more of a warlock mix, I frequently have a difficult time doing more damage than the pet, so it certainly is viable. However, nobody can really rate it until we have the opportunity to play the game at level 50.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    You would not go for a 8 second 80% less dmg ability? Okay, thats preety fail. Thats prolly one of the best, if notthe best thing about warlocks. Survivabillity.
    If you're pvping or soloing then yes 80 percent less damage is nice, I don't plan on being hit in group situations champ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast