+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How many people agree.

Default How many people agree.

I am not trying to start a QQ thread about mages needing a buff.

Currently from the last 2 betas I definetly wont be rolling one anymore unless we get some love in the next beta.

I do however want to see how many people agree with me that mages DO need a buff. If you dont agree then simply ignore this thread .

A simple agree or /sign just to try get some attention from the Devs to try get some mage love.

EDIT: i have started a thread with ideas to help the devs balance mages feel free to drop some ideas in!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...balance-mage-s!
    Last edited by Drizty; 02-18-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Soulwalker

agreed, we are underpowered.

I really enjoy playing my mage and I honestly don't feel underpowered at all.. I still wouldn't mind getting extra dps ofc ._. however, I'm going to give it time and will still be rolling mage at launch.

-Santhil
    You're Pro or You're a Noob, that's life.

Officer of Fatality!

Telaran

If life at 50 is still like life at 10 20 30 was then we can start crying out, different callings peak out at different levels... important thing is that its balanced for the highest level

Mages seemed to be a class that gets exponentially more powerful as they level. So comparing mages at 20 to others and then 30 will mean mages have caught up a lot.

If that growth continues, at 50 we will be the glass cannon rather than the glass peashooter.
    "This raid needs more squirrel."

Soulwalker

I'm not gonna stop playing a class because it's underpowered. But yes they need a buff and w/e

/sign

Mages are the weakest part at lower levels, at higher levels we don't know but if you look at the end trees, damage and utility are insane.

Plane Touched

Well if the Alpha notes are right, warlock dots should be critting next beta. That should be good.

Still hoping for instant cast life leech, whether via talent or just a design change.
    Last edited by Whompy; 02-11-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizty View Post
    I am not trying to start a thread about mages needing a buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizty View Post
    just to try get some attention from the Devs to try get some mage love.
    So uhm. which is it, are you or are you not trying to start another thread about mages needing a buff? because if you're not, you should delete your post.

Anyhow. I've played a mage for the past 5 betas. I'm happy with my level of awesomeness.
    Last edited by Arieste; 02-11-2011 at 05:44 AM.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Soulwalker

While Mage is not the "OMG IMBA" badass top-of-the-dps-charts-FOTM, I can't help but see this as a good thing really.
    As it stands, whenever you meet a mage you know that the player plays the class because he/she actually enjoys the class, or at least is curious of how they play, and not yet another mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging baby that is playing a mage just because "the forums said they are uber".
    And I like that. Less idiots is always a good thing.

All this aside, I fully enjoy the play style and utility of the mage archetype, and besides, our dps isn't THAT bad. I also enjoy having to work for my results and not just roll my face across a keyboard fully mapped to three abilites.
    I'd actually go so far as to say I immensely enjoy all the mage souls, and no other archetype has managed to do that for me yet.
    Eh, well, ok, except Archon, but that's just plain bland/broken/unappealing in it's current (beta 6) state. Maybe they start shining strong in 20-man raids - if you don't have ANY other support class available.

In short, I think they're just fine. Except maybe Archon.
    Last edited by Mordeo; 02-11-2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Apparently the 6-letter word for "intellectual disability" is considered foul language.. go figure

Plane Touched

It seems likely at this point that the devs aren't giving mages a major buff before launch at this point.

After launch, one of two things will happen:

1) A large number of people will play mages and so they won't get much of a buff.

2) Few people will play mages and and they will get a buff.

Whether we believe mages are too weak or just fine the way they are, the proof for Trion will likely be the simple fact of how many people play them.

For myself, with the way mages stand now, I've moved on to another class.

Soulwalker

I'm happy with my mage. Soloing I used Pyro/archon/dom or warlock/chloro/dom and for instances and rifts I used chloro/archon/dom. I never had any problems leveling solo. Around 30 I switch the warlock build to necro/warlock/dom and will probably level with that in live.

I will definitely be leveling a mage first when the game goes live.

I've actually arrived at the point where I'd gladly give up doing ALL damage on an Archon if they redesigned the Soul to be the king buffer of allies and debuffer of enemies all the way up to End Game and beyond. Because when all is done being said, that's what I want to play the Archon for the most. For dps, I'd just rely on what the other two Souls in my Role Build would provide.

Since the Bard is comparatively like a superhero when it comes to soloing and group support, I'm definitely rolling giving it far more attention. The Cleric offers a few more interesting options to me beyond yet another typical Necrolock or Ele-Pyro class concept - so this will be my second priority. My Mage will be third on the list.

I see the proverbial writing on the wall.
    I'm a bit disappointed - but hey, it's how it goes.

Rift Disciple

I personally think that only the true DPS souls need a little butst DPS buff....

The utillity souls are okay so far...

I think a small buff is needed. I do not think they are fine but I do not think they need a major enhancement to be considered equal among the other 3 basics. Any basic will have it's drawbacks and place in the game though. It's all in how you play it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast