+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro build - opinions?

Soulwalker

Default Pyro build - opinions?

I haven't gotten around to playing a mage yet, though I plan to try it out in the next beta, with pyromancer having the most appeal to me. This is what I came up with after playing around with different builds and just wanted to get some opinons on it or suggestions to improve it since I havent noticed a whole lot of info on pyromancers.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...0chxs.Vt0td.xx

Any special reason you didn't take Pyromancer's Armor? I consider it to be one of the best talents in Pyromancer.

Shadowlander

definately get improved burning grounds + improved 2

same goes for burning bright

What's this build focused on? PvE? PvP? Honestly, I'd remove 1 point from 'Combust' both points from 'Improved Quicken Elements' , 3 points from 'Improved Smoldering Power and put them into "Improved Burning Bonds 2/2', 'Unbreakable Bonds 1/1', 'Fire Storm 1/1', 'Backdraft 1/1' and 'Pyromancer's Armor 1/1'. You can drop improved burning bonds and ubbreakable bonds if it's for PvE.

The AoE from Fire Storm is always nice to have as it does very good damage with no cooldown, sadly with a high power cost though. Burning bonds will be an 8s duration instant cast root that doesn't break on dmg (awesome for PvP and solo play), backdraft is very nice as it can stun multiple enemies with a very short cast time, and Pyromancer's Armor like mentioned in the post above mine, gives you a 10% chance with every fire skill to get an instant cast cinderburst, simply a must have for maxed dps. This is just my opinion tho.

If you want more survivability, as I can see you put 2 points into improved quicken elements to heal your pet, I'd concider changing the warlock soul for Necromancer (just for for soul purge and the pet). Soul purge does imcredible damage and healing to yourself AND your pet. I'd recommend removing the last 2 points from improved smoldering power, 1 point from fire shield and 2 from fiery concentration. With the 10 points you get from removing the warlock soul, this will give you just enough to get soul purge. Also remove the point from sacrifice and put it somewhere else. If you like the build you're using , you should definately stick to it. This is just what I'd choose.

-Santhil
    Last edited by Santhil; 02-11-2011 at 06:43 AM.
    You're Pro or You're a Noob, that's life.

Officer of Fatality!

Plane Walker

this build is rife with fail.

unless you got to 34/35 in this past beta, you would think that elementalist pets will continue to scale with you until level 50. This isnt the case, and unless you get the greater forms of pets, they stop at level 33. Its weird, but understandable. So you waste points in elementalist by having those pet abiltities

Exposure: useless skill unless you put the extra 5 points into improving it. here's why: it gives 5% extra damage for 30 seconds, so an extra 5% damage would require the equivalent of 20 casts of that spell to get a 'free" one. thus, you have to cast 20 spells in that 30 seconds just to break even. With a GCD of 1.5 seconds, this basically ensures that you will never come out on top by using that ability.

Combust is in fact counterproductive, because the dot effect will break whatever CC you throw on the mob. and it it works 20% of the time for an extra 30% damage, so that really only turns out to be 6% extra damage for fireball.

you....didnt...take.. burning bright?
    pyromancers armor?
    and why not throw 1 point in firestorm to give yourself some aoe capability (and thus use for some groups when they take you)
    no improved/unbreakable bonds...?

3 points in Improved grounding is a must really, for pve anyways. without it you'll burn your mana in no time. The pyromancers armor is a good one to have too, but depends if you want the insta cinder or 5% damage increase to fireball. Burning bright is also good for extra damage on all fire spells
    Phenom II x4 955 | 4GB DDR3 1600 | GTS 250 | Win 7 64

Soulwalker

thats my way....
    the 3 soul is changable,there can be everything, depends on situation.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....gfksuzsuto.Vz
    intel X58-UD3R intel i7-920@4,1GHz nvidia Asus GTX 470 kingstone 6GB DDR3 kingstone 64GB SSD Western Digital 320GB storage Seasonic 750W Antec Three hundred 22" LG WTTQ Windows 7 64bit Seat ibiza GTi 2.0 LG Optimus one OC@732MHz-Megatron V1

Rift Chaser

pyros are fun to play. I have a pyro build for group / rift events but not for soloing. i understand why you put points in warlock for the power hit point regen abilities but with the pyro improved smoldering i found little need for it. this was in beta 5 tho not sure if it was changed in beta 6 since i focused on the elemental and warlock builds that time.

One thing i would add is the burning bright unless you pvp which judging by the lack of cc that could be taken i would assume not. personally in a group setting points past exposure and improved exposure like the heal is kinda a waste. If you are going to use a pet to solo/ level up then go more into the elementalist tree and have a more pure pyro build for grouping/ rifts. there is little reason not to take advantage of the extra builds you can make. my reason for this was that in beta 5 at lvl 20 my earth pet was little more than a speed bump for the mob.I found myself trying to fireball down the mob before the pet died. needless to say it didnt always worked and i had to squirrel the mob, resummon the pet and then kill it. not sure if things changed in beta 6 since i respecced into a more pure elementalist build for soloing with a stronger pet and put the rest in pyro as support dps. that worked well for me.

there are alot of good builds out there to pick from and experiment with and it is beta so things will change.

the one thing i have noticed so far in this game that it is unwise to put points in all three souls at lower levels since it really weakens you over all. also right now i have the opinion that if you use a pet class to level/ solo then focus in that class to do so.
    these viewpoints may change after release and other class improvements that are needed are made

+ Reply to Thread