+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This seems like a pretty good "nanana you can't catch me" 1v1 pvp build

Rift Disciple

Default This seems like a pretty good "nanana you can't catch me" 1v1 pvp build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....V0xx0toc.VdMx

So many snares ans push backs!

What i like about this build for pvp is applying transmogrify instantly, which then applies a 50% dmg taken to the target with a 50% spell haste to the mage. Then stack that with +50% crit from ele then cast Lightning Strike for an opener which with the crit stacks has a good chance to crit which will be some serious burst. Then use storm caller spells to kite your target until transmogrify is off CD. Seems sick vs melee pvpers.
    Last edited by xineo; 02-10-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Rift Disciple

Looks fun, I always like storm for kiting. But if your basis is kiting/snaring why wouldn't you grab Ride the wind? Seems like an obvious choice for such a build.

Unrelated note....are those the new icons for the soul trees?

Rift Disciple

As you read in the other persons post about the dmg i wouldn't be worried about needing to kite since this build has so many slow and player push backs.

Not sure about the icons =/

Plane Walker

The boost you get from the Dom CC abilities is something I looked into as well. The idea of an instant cast CC that makes my next spell do 50% more damage, and cast 50% faster (+.5 from quick thinking) is very inticing...

Until you realize that Transmogrify costs 18% of your mana.

Also there are so many spell that are instant cast, it's hard to actually take advantage of the 50% cast haste

Rift Disciple

The main reason for the build is pvp. And what i posted in another thread was..

Guessing Health lvls at lvl 50 are around 6-8k. Givin tank health pools at lvl 30 is 3k i'd say that's a fair assumption.
    And Lightning Strike with increased ranks and gear, Optimistically hitting for 1.5k Normal Damage.

add 260% damage from Transmogrify and Crit bonus for lightning damage.

That would be a 5.4k Crit.

Now after that Cast Overpowering Will, Which confuses the target and gives the same bonus dmg like it does transmogrify.

You could technically pull of (2) 5.4k crits in a row. Or otherwise finish off your target.
    Last edited by xineo; 02-10-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by xineo View Post
    As you read in the other persons post about the dmg i wouldn't be worried about needing to kite since this build has so many slow and player push backs.

Not sure about the icons =/
    Ya your prolly right. I personally would like to have it as an extra run away tool but it really depends on play style at that point.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Barov View Post
    Ya your prolly right. I personally would like to have it as an extra run away tool but it really depends on play style at that point.
    If what i'm theory crafting is somewhat true you probably wouldn't even need to since the target would be dead before they move 3 yards.
    Because you could just spam Neural Pod after the burst.
    Last edited by xineo; 02-10-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Rift Disciple

If what i'm theory crafting is somewhat true you probably wouldn't even need to since the target would be dead before they move 3 yards.
    Because you could just spam Neural Pod after the burst.
    If that crazy 5.4k crit system works out, ya. As it stands at lvl 35 I will take the extra kite.

Stormcaller is seriously my favorite soul, so much fun to play.

Rift Disciple

If that crazy 5.4k crit system works out, ya. .
    Not sure, if anyone can tell me what they're Lightning Strike from elemental hit for at lvl 35 would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by xineo; 02-10-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Rift Disciple

Not sure, if anyone can tell me what they're Lightning Strike hit for at lvl 35 would be much appreciated.
    Honestly cant remember, barely played SC at all last beta.

Rift Disciple

Lightning Strike is from the elemental class

Rift Disciple

Oh I was totally mixing it up with the SC one, my bad. Then ya I have no idea what Lighting strike hits for.

Oh I was totally mixing it up with the SC one, my bad. Then ya I have no idea what Lighting strike hits for.
    i crit a lightning strike in a Warfront for over 1100 when i was lvl 30, but i honestly can't remember if i had the wings buff on when i did it. i do recall critting several for 800ish when i was in the high lvl 20's, so i'm thinking the potential to reach 1.5k is there, for sure, by lvl 50.

don't forget that our gear will progress along with the spell damage as we level, and as is often the case with MMO's the lvl 50 epic gear will really boost the dps of our spells, as well as the hp and spell resists of our targets :P

"I find that hopelessness makes the best aphrodisiac..."

Rift Disciple

1.5k non crit is what im expecting at lvl 50.

what was your build at lvl 30?
    Last edited by xineo; 02-11-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Rift Disciple

Oh man i totally forgot about Archmage.

With this build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...z.xx0R0f.yzMxz

And assuming Lightning Strike could hit 1.5k non crit at lvl 50.

You could crit someone for 7650 damage with Lightning Strike.

And you also get a spell to make sure it's an 100% crit chance.

And it would actually be a lot more since you get +15% spell power from Archmage.
    Last edited by xineo; 02-11-2011 at 12:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast