+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the best build i have found for pvp/pve

pro

Default the best build i have found for pvp/pve

Champion

PVP? Eh...

PVE? Certainly, no.

Shadowlander

I actually tried many variations of Stormcaller, Ill let you know what I think. First off, imo, the tree is mediocre at best. Sure there is alot of cc options, but it really doesn't have the burst to really capitalize on the cc. What I mean by this, is sure when you have a single target it is easy mode to keep that one target away while you dps it down. You can easily kill single pulls with out taking any dmg at all. However, if you have an add you either got to tank it while you keep your other one at bay, or use your cc on the second mob while you dps down the mob that is on you. Yeah you have several aoe cc abilities, and several ways to spread dmg around to them, but there is no way to hold them at bay while you down all of them. Eventually you will be taking lots of dmg. Also, Stormcaller is not mana efficient. Even while solo questing and managing only single pulls, every 2-3 mobs I was about out of mana and needed to drink. Now, I know you got Elemental as your secondary and having a pet makes all your pve easy mode, but pets don't hold aoe aggro very well, and definitely not in pvp. Pets offer very little utility in pvp unless they have nice damage or have some cc options. Lastly, you will be casting spells the majority of the time which makes for a very easy target in pvp.

If you want the strongest souls for pve/pvp, then you need to look no farther than the necro/lock. You have a pet which will make everything easy mode. Now the Stormcaller may have a bit better burst and stronger dmg spells, but the necro has insane survivability compared to the stormcaller. As your pet does dmg you get health back, most often this is enough to negate all dmg received by mobs. After your dots and debuffs are on your target you can Soul Purge, which is a really powerful charge ability that puts out alot of dmg and alot of heals for you and your pet. The necro has very limited cc abilities but it really does not need any cause of all the healing you can get back from your pet. I routinely pull 3-5 mobs and tank them easily as my pet and I takes down the mobs one at a time. There is no doubt that necro is by far the strongest pve soul for the mage class. As far as pvp, there are still mixed reviews. I however would consider my pvp a success. While questing at lvl 30 I was jumped a number of times and I came out on top virtually every time. One warrior fell to me with two adds on me, lol. Anyways, don't believe all the crap talked about this soul, give it a shot. You may be very impressed.

pro

how does storm/necro work together? i treid the warlock soul and was dieing if i had any more than 2 mobs on me.

Prophet of Telara

Best how? Best fun? Best DPS? Fastest killing? Best for Heroics? Best for groups? best for instances? Best for Rifts/Invasions? Most survivable? Best for your play-style goals? Best single-target vs AoE? Best PvP killer? Best PvP support? etc etc etc

There can be no 'best' build for PvP/PvE.

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 02-12-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Soulwalker

I ran necro/lock/chloro and i was winning in pvp when i had 5 mobs or less on me.

definitely agree that stormcaller has slight downtime pvp/pve wise. revitalize is the only real mana regening tool u have and it doesn't work in combat. you have no self heal, (u do have a shield from ur ele tree), but it's not the best pve spec there is for sure. The only possibility stormcaller can fight for the best lvling spec pve wise, is if you go for aoe farming. If u can kill 5 mobs in the time it takes for a necro soul to kill 2 mobs, then u have a winner on ur hands.
    To do that, u need to redo ur talent points. Have a think about it.

Btw, as long as u use soul purge, necro really is the best pve lvling build.
    Put it this way, nothing else uses up charge quite as fantastically as Soul Purge. U say mortality, i say 60 second cooldown.
    U drain mana from ur pet, u do huge damage and heal both u and ur pet with charge, no mana, and NO COOLDOWN.
    Stop theorycrafting and just try it. Then later on, spend 30 gold, and put the role u want to play on ur 2nd class. It's possibly other classes may lvl up faster than nec later on, but til then, necro's still the fastest.
    My tip if they nerf plague bolt's damage, is to either stick with it, or to use voidbolt with its casting time reduced.
    Last edited by Lyght; 02-13-2011 at 06:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread