+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Few Q's about chloro..

Telaran

Default Few Q's about chloro..

Does radiant spores heal YOU (the chloro) or only allies who attack the enemy?

Does radiant spores heal on ALL types of damage, or just life?
    There are no bad/broken classes, just bad/broken players.

Quote Originally Posted by Again View Post

Well from my experience it Heals both you and Allies Attacking that Mob, and any form of damage has the chance to trigger it including (but not limited to Normal[white] damage and Death Damage)

While I've not actually parsed the damage I believe it also heals Opposite Faction, and mobs also attacking the Duffed mob (invading forces being attacked by surrounding mobs seemed to heal also)
    ...all is dust...

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Again View Post

everyone who attacks the enemy (not sure about opposing faction and whatnot, but it at least heals all your allies, including you.

heals on all types of damage

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    everyone who attacks the enemy (not sure about opposing faction and whatnot, but it at least heals all your allies, including you.

heals on all types of damage
    ^^^ and it is definitely worth using...15% adds up quickly, and for a small investment in points into the tree you can get that up to a 30% chance and the spores become AOE. Put it on a group of 3+ mobs/players and use any sort of AOE attack and you're basically guaranteed to get a proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Seladorian View Post
    ^^^ and it is definitely worth using...15% adds up quickly, and for a small investment in points into the tree you can get that up to a 30% chance and the spores become AOE. Put it on a group of 3+ mobs/players and use any sort of AOE attack and you're basically guaranteed to get a proc.
    actually I'm fairly sure the % are not additive

base is 15%
    Phytogenesis adds 15% chance

15% increase of 15% = 17.25%

Steam of Life raises it 15% more to 19.8%

But remember, this is no proc maximum so you can end up doing a boatload of healing, especially if your allies are using AOE or multitarget attacks

I forget how to do the math to calculate your chances of getting healed if you did a multitarget attack
    Ie...if I cast Nature's Fury and it hits 4 mobs with radiant spores, what are my chances of getting 1, 2, 3 or 4 heals
    Last edited by Diggles; 02-11-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggles View Post

base is 15%

It does add up. The actual proc rate after 3 points into Phytogenesis is 30%. Using logs to determine this is unreliable, since the logs won't show procs that don't actually produce healing (i.e., you can get a proc while you are at full health, and it won't show up in your log; you actually have to be damaged for it to be visible).

I tested by allowing a mob to damage me then applying Radiant Spores and Dark Touch. I kept Radiant Spores up, and in 130 ticks of Dark Touch, 40 of them produced heals from Radiant Spores.

base is 15%

But remember, this is no proc maximum so you can end up doing a boatload of healing, especially if your allies are using AOE or multitarget attacks

I forget how to do the math to calculate your chances of getting healed if you did a multitarget attack
    Ie...if I cast Nature's Fury and it hits 4 mobs with radiant spores, what are my chances of getting 1, 2, 3 or 4 heals
    They are additive.

oh wow, even better than I thought. I already spam them all the time in Black Garden!

base is 15%

I know you're trying to do the correct math but it's not the case.If a talent says increase change by 5% you get 5% increase change not 5% of the curent change you have.To put it simple 50% increase from a spell that has 20% chance to do something is 70% in the end not 30%.(50% out of 20% means an additional 10% increase).

Sometimes the tooltips are confusing but they should generally state "increases you change for your Y to trigger by an ADDITIONAL ..X%", hope this helps somewhat.Most don't get it I know but for some of you who do, you know what I mean.
    Last edited by Nemilos; 02-12-2011 at 01:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread