+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A stupid thing I did , wondering if it was a bug or ?

Rift Disciple

Default A stupid thing I did , wondering if it was a bug or ?

Ok flame on cause this move was epic NOOB

So i cast a spell by accident on a mob instead of a player that reflects magic...I then after cast transmorph on the mob and I turned into a squirrell.

So at first i was like wtf , does the mob have a spell reflect but then I realized my stupidity and what i had done.

This isnt a complaint or anything cause it was my own fault but just wondering if thats a bug and shoudlnt happen or should I just smack myself for being dumb lol

Again this isnt a complaint as it was my fault, I am just wondering
    "Heaven won't take me and Hell's afraid I'll take over"

Akirrah Auslander, 80 Druid , Everquest, Erollisi Marr 1999-2008
    Kaneda, 80 Guardian, Age of Conan, Set(Dagoth), 2008 - 2010

Rift Disciple

haha, that is funny akkirah, and will probably be one of the most memorable times you have in the game . Did you happen to be on vent with you friends when you did that, cause ill bet if you were hell they wouldnt be able to play due to laughing.

It is working as intended, I just never heard of anyone testing it that way

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by seahawk View Post
    haha, that is funny akkirah, and will probably be one of the most memorable times you have in the game . Did you happen to be on vent with you friends when you did that, cause ill bet if you were hell they wouldnt be able to play due to laughing.

It is working as intended, I just never heard of anyone testing it that way
    lol aye they were, and I was the butt of a few jokes lol
    "Heaven won't take me and Hell's afraid I'll take over"

Akirrah Auslander, 80 Druid , Everquest, Erollisi Marr 1999-2008
    Kaneda, 80 Guardian, Age of Conan, Set(Dagoth), 2008 - 2010

Rift Disciple

Well, I will tell this story.

I was playing DAoC late one night on vent with my guildees. One of my guildees on vent said "AFK for a minute, going to pack a bowl". Another lady that I played with that was running with us that night responded with "Oh really? I didnt know you were moving"..........I still laugh about that today.

Its that kinda stuff that makes these kind of games great .

Rift Chaser Flatulentia Nervosa's Avatar

This happened to me against some mobs and players in warfronts. If i had an enemy selected and i cast reflective command then cast transmogrify, id be turned into a squirrel. Im sure this has to be a bug, no?

Rift Master

yeah, it has already been reported.

I think this should be working as intended. If there is a mob that reflects spells and you cast a spell on it to turn it into a squirrel....

it should reflect and turn you into a squirrel imo

Incoming segue alert....

I was in beta for Fallen Earth and while not paying attention to the game and referring a fight between my kid and the dog, I ran my toon and horse into a cactus. No matter what I did, I stayed stuck.

Made a GM call. GM showed up, looked at my toon, called in a few other GMs and a developer or two....

After five or so minutes I finally said, "You guys are laughing your a**es off over this, aren't you?"

After 7 whispers to the affirmative, they asked me to log out and log back in. I did so but was still stuck.

After another 5 minutes, I again said, "You guys are still laughing, aren't you?"

There was a pause. One of the developers finally told me the entire office was hysterical over the incident and I was already a legend. Screenshots of my toon's predicament were being made into wallpaper.

It took three days of trying to pry her out of the cactus before I finally nuked that alt and started over.

I knew taking that 15 point weirdness magnet was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
    Incoming segue alert....

I was in beta for Fallen Earth and while not paying attention to the game and referring a fight between my kid and the dog, I ran my toon and horse into a cactus. No matter what I did, I stayed stuck.

Made a GM call. GM showed up, looked at my toon, called in a few other GMs and a developer or two....

After five or so minutes I finally said, "You guys are laughing your a**es off over this, aren't you?"

After 7 whispers to the affirmative, they asked me to log out and log back in. I did so but was still stuck.

After another 5 minutes, I again said, "You guys are still laughing, aren't you?"

There was a pause. One of the developers finally told me the entire office was hysterical over the incident and I was already a legend. Screenshots of my toon's predicament were being made into wallpaper.

It took three days of trying to pry her out of the cactus before I finally nuked that alt and started over.

I knew taking that 15 point weirdness magnet was a mistake.
    hahahaha. epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    I think this should be working as intended. If there is a mob that reflects spells and you cast a spell on it to turn it into a squirrel....

it should reflect and turn you into a squirrel imo
    I really don't think this is working as intended o_O

In Foul Cascade last beta, I cast Reflective Command on the tank before a trash pull and cast Transmogrify on the melee mob on the right; as you can guess, I squirreled myself and my group found it hilarious. The mob showed no "Reflecting Spells!" buff or any buffs whatsoever, I do remember that much.

+ Reply to Thread