+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro/lock hybrid

Plane Walker

Default Chloro/lock hybrid

I enjoyed chloro a lot, I get to be a vital healer but while DPSing, and it's complex enough to provide a lot of meat to get my teeth into.

I'm actually looking at playing this as a main healing spec, but also in the knowledge that I can DPS fairly well or even switch on a sliding scale between these two as needed if I'm secondary healing.

I gain a lot more healing through DPS this way, as well as unlimited mana. I lose a couple of survivability cooldowns and the final few spells. This just looks like the best chloro spec to me.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....c.AReoRb0ozrz

Or to main heal should chloros get natural splendor? Is that 2 minute (amazing) cooldown worth it?

The spare tree is "whatever" I suspect elementalist for a tanking pet, or maybe necro for a DPS pet, or maybe just archon so I can self buff with pillaging stone. Or maybe dominator so I can provide CC if I'm not the main healer.

wrong link i think.. but Chloro/Warlock is one of the main healing builds out there. See the link in my post (and spec links are the bottom of that for my suggested chloro/lock spec).
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Plane Walker

Yeah, I'd assumed the link auto updated.

I'm thinking of an endgame spec, I figure once I have lifetap I'll go chloro all the way first, then into warlock, which should leave me viable for healing at all times.

Also, I reckon my own spec might be better for raw output. Nature's corrosion is more nature damage and so more healing, while raised by nature is just survivability, and while having more HP might help, I'm just output maxing for now.

Okay so I'll try again..

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...VVx.xdIuoVckoR

This leaves 2 points spare.

I'd have a few talents I'd wonder about. Enduring tether is utility and may not be work out at all, but then it may be amazing. Empathic bond and living shell are mana regen, which isn't strictly necessary but then it doesn't hurt either and I suspect more mana per GCD than life tap. You could pull points out of any of these to pump up circle of life, but I'm not sure how well it will work out as it's not dependable, it's crit. It'd raise your total output but it can't be counted on. I'd probably put the last 2 points in to the increases life damage, but I'd move things around depending in how much I had to actively switch from my DPS rotation to help people. The more I pop panic blooms and flourishes the more appealing it looks to use circle of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Arieste View Post
    wrong link i think.. but Chloro/Warlock is one of the main healing builds out there. See the link in my post (and spec links are the bottom of that for my suggested chloro/lock spec).
    So Arieste is this the 100th thread on this topic or what yeesh!

Plane Walker

New topic? What's the rudest way to say to someone that the thread's been done before? How much of a **** can you be to other posters who may have even used the search, found about 1000 threads which largely did appear unrelated, tried looking at some of the forum itself but then noted "it's a beta, things change fast".

Also as I said, few thoughts on how to up the output. Or do you die a lot as a chloro and need HP more than the large DPS and HPS increase from DoTs from nukes.

I've done some tinkering with my combo and this is what I'm looking at so far;

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...VczRo.xx0G0VVx

My Reasoning;
    - I'm hoping nedras grasp affects all the chloro abilities at any one time i have 3 dots applied and a 21% increase (at 30 points in lock) in damage beats the hell out of 6% more base hp.
    - I don't see the need for empathic bond, sacrifice life gives me more than enough mana you just need to make it part of your rotation.
    - Nature's touch is a nice nuke but the cast is pretty long for negligable benefit to your MT and keeping your Ruin, Vine and both Spores up is enough to keep your GCD ticking without factoring in your direct heals and wild growth.
    - Your damage in the longer fights is going to heal alot more than your direct heals. Skipping 5% crit in ele is going to cut down your dps and heals by quite a bit.
    - 2 points in enduring tether is a big waste. This ability is PVP only as far as I'm concerned. As its random who it affects theres no guarantee it will recover a wipe and the person comes back low hp and mana so mid fights its of limited usefulness too.
    - Corrosion is a monster ability. Except in dungeons, that **** will get you killed. The huge AOE damage and heals it pumps out are a death sentence in most fights.

Jury is still out for me on Accelerated Growth v Natural Awareness. Would need to see some theory crafting on that.
    Roasty L50 T3 Mage Seastone -Awakening-

Plane Touched

Here's a slight tweak on that Chloro/Lock:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvR_.xx0AooVxk.xdIuoVckRo

Plane Touched

Lol...try that again:

ChloroLock

Plane Touched

And I realized I forgot to remove Empathic and add Shadow Life:

ChloroLock

Quote Originally Posted by Devicus View Post
    New topic? What's the rudest way to say to someone that the thread's been done before? How much of a **** can you be to other posters who may have even used the search, found about 1000 threads which largely did appear unrelated, tried looking at some of the forum itself but then noted "it's a beta, things change fast".
    I'm with you, and I'm glad you made the thread. Now that you mention it, chloro and lock really do seem to go well together. I've spent a lot of time on the soul builders, but never noticed this unique soul-combo, so thanks for bringing it up!
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

+ Reply to Thread