+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rather stupid question . . .

Soulwalker

Default Rather stupid question . . .

Since I'm heavily contemplating creating a Mage for the next beta (I can't wait . . . SQUEE!), I'd like an answer to my (rather stupid, as stated in the title) question: Do spells that consume charge end when you run out of charge? Or is it more of a "One at a time" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
    Since I'm heavily contemplating creating a Mage for the next beta (I can't wait . . . SQUEE!), I'd like an answer to my (rather stupid, as stated in the title) question: Do spells that consume charge end when you run out of charge? Or is it more of a "One at a time" thing?
    Some spells consume charge indefinitely until you run out. Some consume charge for the duration they're on.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Soulwalker

Ah. But when they run out, the spell stops?

Bugger. Should've known that permanent +20% damage was too good to be true . . .
    Last edited by Bom Tombadillo; 02-10-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Plane Touched

Bugger. Should've known that permanent +20% damage was too good to be true . . .
    If you take 5 pts in the warlock soul you can hold up the buffs for quite a while.

Soulwalker

I presume you mean maxing Magical Affinity? I will have to contemplate that. The only problem is that I don't really like Warlocks . . . but then again, I didn't care too much for what I was going to put in the third spot anyway.

In any case, thanks much for the answers everybody.

Plane Touched

I presume you mean maxing Magical Affinity? I will have to contemplate that. The only problem is that I don't really like Warlocks . . . but then again, I didn't care too much for what I was going to put in the third spot anyway.

In any case, thanks much for the answers everybody.
    well 10 pts in warlock nets you some awesome passives. 10% chance to have a 0 cast time spell, and 25% extra charge per spell, is insanely good.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    well 10 pts in warlock nets you some awesome passives. 10% chance to have a 0 cast time spell, and 25% extra charge per spell, is insanely good.
    Not to mention that you get Sacrifice Life: Mana in those 10 points (6, to be exact). Great for in-combat mana regen.

Rift Disciple

Ya most of the charge consuming buff spells prevent you from accumulating charge while its on and then turn off when you run out.
    Depending on build/situation some benefit more from turning on constantly 75-90% charge so you are never wasting build up while others are better for holding charge till right moment to burn it.

+ Reply to Thread