+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best build for soloing

Shadowlander

Smile Best build for soloing

hey guys, I am new here I was wondering what a good build for soloing would look like (I'm thinking levels 1-20/30, no need for end game stuff yet). I would Ideally be able to grind on 4-5 enemies at at time. I was able to have similar results with going full reaver when I was a warrior. so hopefully I can do that with a mage.

Last edited by Chances; 02-10-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Soulwalker

Best bet would be necro/warlock/dominator, but you defintely, 100% will not be able to dps 4 mobs at once and live without a skill to kite them. Haven't tried stormcaller, they might be able to kite a couple.

In short though, enjoy being a warrior. You guys have it better for now.

Necro and Chloro are most likey the best souls to focus around solo play been able to out heal mobs quite easy allowing 2-3 most of the time with no problem.

The other mage are not as good solo wise since there unable to out heal mobs if they have heals and they need to be stood still to cast most of there spells so unable to kite not that you can kite mobs they move like 20% faster than you.

Nerco/Warlock/Domi

Chloro/War/Domi

There the best i had.

Both builds recover hp fast and can run forever due to MP recover skills.

I would say Nerco worked abit better since you can drop grave rot then dot a few up and soul pruge and essens link to recover HP as the pet wacks the living crap out of the enemy.

At around 30 due to the AI buff in beta 6 taking more than 2 mobs was far to risky so i am not sure you will get a build thats able to take 4-5 unless there a few levels lower.
    Last edited by Fayde; 02-10-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

Telaran

## Warlock/13 chloro/0 anything

With this build I was soloing even level rifts including the bonus stage boss

You pull as many mobs as you can, radiant spores, Use your AoE. If you notice your HP getting low, use mortality or shadow life/ essence. When the fight is done, get your mana and HP back and pull again.

Extremely efficient and quick. I was pulling 6-8 mobs fairly easily.

If you can find someone to pull for you or heal you, you can do more and it is nice and fact and you get company >.>b

This is probably the fastest soloing class in the game. No down time and large pulls.
    Last edited by Xelfer; 02-10-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Prophet of Telara

All of the above.

But I'll add Chloro/Ele too. You can take on a great deal soloing. May not be the fastest, but it's reliable and I think fun to play, too.

X

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xelfer View Post

You pull as many mobs as you can, radiant spores, Use your AoE. If you notice your HP getting low, use mortality or shadow life/ essence. When the fight is done, get your mana and HP back and pull again.

If you can find someone to pull for you or heal you, you can do more and it is nice and fact and you get company >.>b

This is probably the fastest soloing class in the game. No down time and large pulls.
    Add elemental summoning for the 0 poin soul and it nets you a pet tank for pulling purposes...

Quote Originally Posted by lordbachus View Post
    Add elemental summoning for the 0 poin soul and it nets you a pet tank for pulling purposes...
    WL/Chlor/Dom = best 1v1 imo

Champion

Necro/Chloro/Warlock. .. I was easily taking on 4 mobs at once. This mostly hinders on Soul Purge being incredibly O/P at this time. I expect a nerf soon so my statement may change come next beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
    Necro/Chloro/Warlock. .. I was easily taking on 4 mobs at once. This mostly hinders on Soul Purge being incredibly O/P at this time. I expect a nerf soon so my statement may change come next beta.
    Shhh... no touching my Soul Purge

I'd say any build with A) a pet to tank and B) chloro for healing would work. I personally like some pyro in there for Fire Storm as well.

[11:13] <Nordain> I'm guessing the hy*** is like the mattress tag
    [11:13] <Nordain> Generally when it gets removed something illegal is happening

Ummm...necro/warlock wins all

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
    I'm so SICK of seeing this. SP is all that the Necro has going for it from 1-16, SP makes it a lot easier then at 21 you get the new pets and THEN the class is on par with the other classes are damn near 21 levels. I hope they don't touch SP because things were slow without it.
    Zeratul - 50 Rank 6 Rogue/Zeratulz 4x Mage - Seastone Defiant - Rift

DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion
    Zeratul/Zeratulz/Zeratuls

Shadowlander

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Xelfer View Post

If I could pull 6-8 mobs I would be soooo happy
    Last edited by Chances; 02-10-2011 at 05:11 PM.

SP is the only pvp spell the necro has going for it. The dots can be purged or out healed. If they nerf SP then my god, the pvp necro will be useless even more than it is.

Plane Touched

They just need to make the knight pet un-CCable, or give him a CC purge on a 10 second cooldown.

Shadowlander

To OP:

No such monster my friend. Mages lvl slow as shiat compared to the other classes 1-25. Afterwards... our souls start to finally get some abilities that make a mage actually fun to play.

Rompster

* - Trion, please make mages viable, give em a buff in dmg. (Cept Chloro's)

+ Reply to Thread