+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quality of Life Issues, Warlock/Necro/X

Soulwalker

Default Quality of Life Issues, Warlock/Necro/X

From the perspective of a Warlock/Necro mage, lvl 26, with decent gear.

1. Make the first pet available for necros the tank pet, not the rogue pet.

- It's quite easy to level in this game early on (which is good), but having the rogue tank first sometimes left me in the position of thinking, "Should I use necrosis here or not?" as that spell basically gave the pet a threat drop. I can see how for lowbie instances the rogue pet is more desirable, but the point at which you can choose betwewen two pets comes roughly around the time you're ready to go into the second instance (namely 26, natch). Honestly more to reward newbies for casting dots as opposed to having them tank mobs with their face for the earliest levels.

2. Make pets rez with you in warfronts.

- This applies for any pet class. Taking yourself out of the fight for eight seconds is a blow not only for the player, but for the entire team (think Codex). Alternately, have an instant summon on a long cooldown available early, and make the currently existing spell which instantly summons either reduce the summon, or create a second spell entirely.

3. Make dots be affected by crit chance.

- As it stands, the best items for a warlock are int/wisdom, which will cause loot drama (mark my words) when expert dungeons are the cutting edge content and as raiding goes live. There will be some very unhappy healers if I pass on an Int/End item to roll on the Int/Wis ring/trinket/etc.
    Maybe I'm an idiot and just didn't see that dots are affected by crit, but I don't think they do. Not to compare to WoW, but this is a lot like TBC for warlocks in that game where massing spell power was the way to go. Hate to see a decent crit chance go to waste, regardless.

4. Possibly OP: Radiate death.

- It would probably be too much, but having life leech added to this would be very, very nice. Might be too strong, though, especially for a group pvp situtation.

5. Minor point: Add pets to contribution in warfronts.

- I'd rather look like I played poorly because I played poorly, not because I'm a pet class.

All in all though, I really enjoyed playing the class combo, there's good interaction between the two souls, and I love that the class seems to be determined largely by a sense of gameplay.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
    2. Make pets rez with you in warfronts.
    More annoying is the fact that I spam Neddra's Strength like an idiot while running to battle in hopes of proccing an insta-cast pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
    4. Possibly OP: Radiate death.
    I think this spell is over-rated (PvP), sure it's nice to catch a bunch of new players that stack at a choke but in organized pvp it would only serve as a cc-breaker.

I'm not a fan of necromancer but I'm glad to see people playing warlock combos
    Last edited by sjak; 02-10-2011 at 08:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread