+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromancer builds help

Soulwalker

Default Chloromancer builds help

so Im looking at Chloro main for my char when retail is out, but as I usually do when it comes to builds, Im struggling at finding the right builds, so Ive come for advice

Im looking at 2 builds: soloing and instances

Stop me if Im going wrong. When I was playing beta6, I got to 21 and was working under this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zyRs.M.xdM.toru now I know its kinda meh, I started as dominator and then saw how powerful Chloro could be. Storm caller was kinda meh and I chose it at first to give some bonuses to my air spells. I kinda see that this isnt for soloing, but Im trying to work under the chloro/dominator route, maybe necro aswel? Need help

For instances, I was looking at more of a "75%" healer, knowing that all my DOT spells are able to help heal the allies, and then with lifegiving veil to help the healers. My aim is mainly not to main healer, but to assist with the little drips and drabs so the main doesnt have to panic too much. However I have no idea about that either

so yeah, I need help lol

Telaran

Why do you want a 75% healer when you can swap soulsets out of combat within 2 seconds ?
    Besides read up on Lifegiving veil tooltip about DOT spells and healing....

doing CC AND Healing is a sure route to doom... if you get a CC break and aggro on yourself then you can't heal anymore and stuff goes down the drain fast...

You kinda gimp yourself if you do a spec that can heal or do real damage since a healing Chloro takes 26 points at least and healing occurs only when he uses life damage.
    Barebone Chloro spec without a rez or reallyl improved tank healing
    ok Chloro Healing base spec

Do rest of points into either Elementalist, Necromancer or Warlock to get a Spec that can heal (but likely has trouble to get a Main healer job done since it misses some improvements) or dps.

DISCLAIMER
    Specs are my opinion and don't have to conclude with other opinions
    Last edited by Lihar; 02-10-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skully277 View Post
    so Im looking at Chloro main for my char when retail is out, but as I usually do when it comes to builds, Im struggling at finding the right builds, so Ive come for advice

Im looking at 2 builds: soloing and instances

Stop me if Im going wrong. When I was playing beta6, I got to 21 and was working under this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zyRs.M.xdM.toru now I know its kinda meh, I started as dominator and then saw how powerful Chloro could be. Storm caller was kinda meh and I chose it at first to give some bonuses to my air spells. I kinda see that this isnt for soloing, but Im trying to work under the chloro/dominator route, maybe necro aswel? Need help

For instances, I was looking at more of a "75%" healer, knowing that all my DOT spells are able to help heal the allies, and then with lifegiving veil to help the healers. My aim is mainly not to main healer, but to assist with the little drips and drabs so the main doesnt have to panic too much. However I have no idea about that either

so yeah, I need help lol
    if you don't want to be main healer, don't be a chloro. play Necro/Warlock instead, you'll get great DPS as well as a couple of heals that you can toss out "to help" as you say.

if you're playing a chloro (by "playing a chloro" i mean investing substantial points into the soul) then you're basically gimping your DPS for the sake of heals. if your goal is not to heal, then you're doing it for nothing.

CHloro DPS is terrible. Chloro doesn't improve the DPS of other souls except by a tiny bit (you can improve it more by just investing more points in those souls or their complementary dps souls).
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

+ Reply to Thread