+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elementalist each patch worst ;D

Default Elementalist each patch worst ;D

So far I have not noticed any post on the continuous weakening Elementalist...
    My build's with elementalist tested at Beta 3-6
    Pyro/Ele +Archon/Chlor or Dom http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...0t0Vz.xckczucd
    Storm/Ele +Archon/Chlor or Dom http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zyqz.Vuztbtz.VhMx0Vz

From patch notes Beta 6:
    * Swapped positions of Elemental Armor (38) and Sever Bonds (44) in the root abilities - 1st normal and one of the few useful armor's for Mage... Now it's almost impossible to get it in hybrid build.
    * Air Elemental: Reduced damage of Lightning Bolt and Ball Lightning.

From patch notes coming in Beta 7:
    * Greater Water Elemental: Reduced damage dealt by Ice Bolt.
    * Earth Elemental: Reduced damage dealt by Thud and Pulverize.

Currently, despite the fact that elementals are killed too quickly and are unable to defend themselves vs any better monster or npc (they live max 5 sec...), they are like meet for cannon's ... In addition, Trion still decreases their damage. In future players will stop use them or ^^ In beta 6 for me elementals were already too weak and especially Earth one.
    His defense is insufficient to act as a tank. For this he can not hold agro. With the reduced damage will be worst... He will be a marathoner between monster and our character.
    Sorry for my English...

TBC.

I play deep Ele/Stormcaller/Dom and it works absolutely fine for me in terms of soloing.

Shadowlander

I really hope English is your second language.

Quote Originally Posted by Questionable View Post
    Who ? Me, or the OP ?

Ascendant

Are you kidding me? This is an upgrade. Being able to remove stun at an earlier level? This is much more useful than that armor thats not going to save you.

Well the pet nerfs hurt, but the other thing is great.
    Last edited by MoonDragn; 02-10-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarabea View Post
    I play deep Ele/Stormcaller/Dom and it works absolutely fine for me in terms of soloing.
    I use greater earth elemental at lvl 32-3 (don't remember) to solo Major fire rift lvl 25 (not sure). Elemental can't hold agro more then 5 sec when i start dps. When I try send him to fight with 2 mobs. He stay alive 10 sec... what after? knockback mobs? run? ;/
    With normal questing all it's fine.... Yeah, no! without elemental it's this same ;] why? because he don't hold agro to long while I start dps

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    Are you kidding me? This is an upgrade. Being able to remove stun at an earlier level? This is much more useful than that armor thats not going to save you.

Well the pet nerfs hurt, but the other thing is great.
    I never told that Sever Bonds it's bad... I also like this skill, but unfortunately they swap it with best armor for mage.
    Who want spend 44 points into elementalist? Its second soul not main... (for me).
    Last edited by n1kon; 02-10-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by n1kon View Post
    So far I have not noticed any post on the continuous weakening Elementalist...
    My build's with elementalist tested at Beta 3-6
    Pyro/Ele +Archon/Chlor or Dom http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...0t0Vz.xckczucd
    Storm/Ele +Archon/Chlor or Dom http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zyqz.Vuztbtz.VhMx0Vz

From patch notes Beta 6:
    * Swapped positions of Elemental Armor (38) and Sever Bonds (44) in the root abilities - 1st normal and one of the few useful armor's for Mage... Now it's almost impossible to get it in hybrid build.
    * Air Elemental: Reduced damage of Lightning Bolt and Ball Lightning.

From patch notes coming in Beta 7:
    * Greater Water Elemental: Reduced damage dealt by Ice Bolt.
    * Earth Elemental: Reduced damage dealt by Thud and Pulverize.

Currently, despite the fact that elementals are killed too quickly and are unable to defend themselves vs any better monster or npc (they live max 5 sec...), they are like meet for cannon's ... In addition, Trion still decreases their damage. In future players will stop use them or ^^ In beta 6 for me elementals were already too weak and especially Earth one.
    His defense is insufficient to act as a tank. For this he can not hold agro. With the reduced damage will be worst... He will be a marathoner between monster and our character.
    Sorry for my English...

TBC.
    Someone correct me if Im wrong but I somewhat remember them saying that pets now share stats with their master. So them lowering the dmg on the pet makes sense. If they didnt then the pets would probably get out of hand. So technically speaking, even though they lowered their dmg, they still might in the end do more now that they share stats which will inherintely increase dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart151 View Post
    Someone correct me if Im wrong but I somewhat remember them saying that pets now share stats with their master. So them lowering the dmg on the pet makes sense. If they didnt then the pets would probably get out of hand. So technically speaking, even though they lowered their dmg, they still might in the end do more now that they share stats which will inherintely increase dmg.
    Beta 6 note:
    * Pets now benefit from their master's Hit and Focus.

I don't feel really any differences at lvl 30 after Beta 6 patch. And I'm not sure that pets mean also Elemental summons.

Rift Chaser

i have 29th level ele/ pyro/ dom build. points in ele each level and pyro in every third. none in dom. the single most important ability that made a differance is the improved pet heal with a close second is the pet weathered line. no problems on agro control casting fireball etc with the tank pet. but i must say this is my solo build on a pve server.

the one thing i am starting to see with pet classes, ele in particular, is that it isnt a great class to hybrid with at lower levels. Placing points in all three classes really waters down the pet. placing points in ele at each level was the best fit for me however it might not be for pvp builds.

your spec is very simulair to mine but is appears to be a pvp build inwhich i really cant comment too much. the one thing i found out with pvp is pet classes are weak since most ignore the pet and just kill you.

overall i am rather satisfied with the playablity of my ele build. my pet has taken on 3-4 same level mobs now at once , lives and keeps them off me. the improved pet heal was the differance. Also resisting the desire to aoe them helps too. assisting through the pet is a must with more than one mob on it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Questionable View Post
    That's rude!!!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by oothoo View Post
    i have 29th level ele/ pyro/ dom build. points in ele each level and pyro in every third. none in dom. the single most important ability that made a differance is the improved pet heal with a close second is the pet weathered line. no problems on agro control casting fireball etc with the tank pet. but i must say this is my solo build on a pve server.

the one thing i am starting to see with pet classes, ele in particular, is that it isnt a great class to hybrid with at lower levels. Placing points in all three classes really waters down the pet. placing points in ele at each level was the best fit for me however it might not be for pvp builds.

your spec is very simulair to mine but is appears to be a pvp build inwhich i really cant comment too much. the one thing i found out with pvp is pet classes are weak since most ignore the pet and just kill you.

overall i am rather satisfied with the playablity of my ele build. my pet has taken on 3-4 same level mobs now at once , lives and keeps them off me. the improved pet heal was the differance. Also resisting the desire to aoe them helps too. assisting through the pet is a must with more than one mob on it.
    I haven't gotten a chance to play an Ele yet, but I plan on this beta. And everyone I see talking about them says "OMG!!!! MY 21 point Elementalist PETS WITHOUT PET TALENTS DO CRAP DAMAGE, WTF?!?!" and I am just like... well, duh?

I really want to see the parse from a highly invested ele/chloro or ele/pyro, But I am pretty convinced at this point that ele/chloro will be better just because of the strength of natural awareness; you can basically keep it up indefinitely while keeping the velocity debuff up, and keeping lightning strike on cooldown; and that's pretty huge.
    Last edited by Juff; 02-10-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Champion

He has never died when i needed him to. He has tanked major rift elite bosses np. Solo. I still need to dps those down. Same with pulling 4-5 major rift elites same time. Also, there was a bug in earlier betas. All of his abilities could hit at the same time. Not so now. They often go in reverse order. The AoE, then the pulverize, then the thud. This means thud lands last of course and often 4 or so seconds after the aoe goes off. So you need to give him alittle time. Then, you can rock and roll.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...i/earthpet.jpg

why would you try and solo a major rift without a good way to heal your pet?

If you want to solo rifts, as I have, go chloromancer/elementalist. It's extremely easy to solo then.

level 35 build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...huq0cz.Vx0x0Vz

Level 42 build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...uq0ckR.Vx0x0Vt

Level 50 build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ccoRo.Vx0x0Vpz

These are just at the top of my head. They make an excellent build for soloing elite mobs.
    Last edited by Sarathor; 02-11-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Exactly what you said. You have to give the pet a little time to build aggro. Elementalist in this game seem very true to the original Mages of EQ1, which I played for five years. To be a true pet class it takes skill and learning how, when and where to use your pet. Let him have some time to build aggro and don't forget him either. If he needs a heal stop dpsing and heal him.

If you do these things he will love and protect you always . Well, almost always, sometimes he will get distracted by something shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by kuggy View Post
    He has never died when i needed him to. He has tanked major rift elite bosses np. Solo. I still need to dps those down. Same with pulling 4-5 major rift elites same time. Also, there was a bug in earlier betas. All of his abilities could hit at the same time. Not so now. They often go in reverse order. The AoE, then the pulverize, then the thud. This means thud lands last of course and often 4 or so seconds after the aoe goes off. So you need to give him alittle time. Then, you can rock and roll.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...i/earthpet.jpg

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Juff View Post
    I haven't gotten a chance to play an Ele yet, but I plan on this beta. And everyone I see talking about them says "OMG!!!! MY 21 point Elementalist PETS WITHOUT PET TALENTS DO CRAP DAMAGE, WTF?!?!" and I am just like... well, duh?

I really want to see the parse from a highly invested ele/chloro or ele/pyro, But I am pretty convinced at this point that ele/chloro will be better just because of the strength of natural awareness; you can basically keep it up indefinitely while keeping the velocity debuff up, and keeping lightning strike on cooldown; and that's pretty huge.

elementalist tank pet wasnt taken for damage. i took it for protection and to keep mobs off me. with fireballs criting for 450-500 amd lighnining strike criting for 600 at level 28ish and a point in the pet heal having 3-4 mobs on the pet at one time was fun. they didnt last long either. i placed no points in lightning strike nor velocity but i did see a few 200 pet crits from the earth pet. group mobs 2 levels higher i soloed. taking back rifts wasnt a big deal either which was good since at level 29 i was in a 30-32 level rift area by myself.

Sadly what little i played with the air and water pets they proved to be a disappointment. at higher levels when i put points in velocity this might change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast