+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro + Warlock + ??? (Only two death themed souls)

Telaran

Default Necro + Warlock + ??? (Only two death themed souls)

I'm trying to pair up a 3rd soul with my Necro/Warlock. The problem is there only seems to be two death themed souls.

The obviously powerful choice seems to be Dominator--but come on--turn someone into a squirrel. How about a puppy dog? If Dom could turn someone into maggots or a snake, sure. But the squirrel doesn't fit the "death" theme.

Next I tried Chloromancer thinking a "life and death" theme would work. Problem here is I can't see the effect of the spells healing my pet. (Maybe if healing numbers floated above its head or maybe they are broken or don't wort on pets) Since I don't know if the spells are actually healing my pet, I get annoyed and don't cast them.

And now I'm out of souls. The other souls seem to be all elemental based with redundant abilities.

Any advice?

you dont need another soul other than necro warlock, get the end branch talent in both of em, enjoy life (or unlife in this case) . Take stormcaller for the free **** skill they get at 0 pts.
    Last edited by Chilton; 02-10-2011 at 03:56 AM.

I put my in the obvious dominator. Only for the morph and it saved my arse many times if I accidently got to many mobs. However I do not plan on going any further into the tree focused mainly on warlock first with a few in necro. Going to tweak it since for the next beta we are reset.
    If you don't like the way I look, look someplace else nobody asked you.

Retired from EQ1 EQ2, DAoC, WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Sarerin View Post
    I put my in the obvious dominator. Only for the morph and it saved my arse many times if I accidently got to many mobs. However I do not plan on going any further into the tree focused mainly on warlock first with a few in necro. Going to tweak it since for the next beta we are reset.
    you can get too many mobs? :O

I dunno about you but 4-5 mobs at once was really no problem, drop my aoe, make sure pet heal is on the main target, channel soul purge, yawn.

for a 0 point soul, stormcaller has a better pvp option, the go away move. *WHAM* 15m knockback ....wither....kite kite kite.

For pure raid dps the best I have come up with is 33/33 then kinda wherever you wanna toss your last soul.
    Last edited by OdinTGE; 02-10-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Soulwalker

For PvE, I recommend taking Dominator as your 3rd (0-skill) soul so you can get Transmogrify - helps handling adds while solo, and will likely be needed for at least some dungeons (3 kings in IT comes to mind)

And for PvP, as Chilton here said - go Stormcaller. The knockback is a very nice trick to have in the bag, especially paired with the snares from both necro and lock.
    Last edited by Mordeo; 02-10-2011 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Differentiated between PvE and PvP and reiterated Chilton's advice

Telaran

Default Thoughts

Well, you forget archmage, that tree is goiing to be neccesary in PVP, so i would suggest going Warlock, necro,archmage or Warlock, Dominator Archmage or finally Warlock , stormcaller , archmage ...

Soulwalker

Chloro is a popular choice for the debuff which heals your party for group pve, but dominator is better for solo grinding. Archon gives your party two nice buffs with zero investement, and is also a nice choice.

Don't forget archmage for pvp. The get out of jail free skill is nice, especially since rogues love us casters.

Telaran

the problem with PVP is that you dont want to waste more than 10 points in archmage because then you have problem maxing out another soul tree. i dont know what you think but heres one build of mine.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00___

Quote Originally Posted by Daronix View Post
    the problem with PVP is that you dont want to waste more than 10 points in archmage because then you have problem maxing out another soul tree. i dont know what you think but heres one build of mine.

PvP souls are useful, but not mandatory for everyone. I'll rather do 0/32/34 and get pvp gear. that'll be enough DR for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronix View Post

add chlor! chlor is always a good option when thinking of solo/relying on pug healers.

Telaran

Well thats good for DR but then you will have issues with using the archmage tree because you will lack of damage spell.. you want to have a tree that provides you with AOE spells and direct burst... the spec you suggest will give CC and improve spells that is too low in dps right?

I understand Dominator doesn't fit with your theme, as I would suggest it otherwise. Just stick with chloro, I can verify that it does heal your pet, you just won't see it very often since it's only a small chance for it to happen. You seemed happy with that fitting with your theme, so there ya go!

Telaran

Yeah but Chloro seems to be more for PVE ? According to its low dmg.. And what ive heard latley there much going on with SC and dominator for alot of CC and dmg ? also i dont know but going pure is also on the map :S its all very confusing and also hard to say at the time.. but i want to clear the most of it out so that i can focus on choosing the right specc for pvp already in the lvling face to get used to the spells and binds.

Plane Touched

Don't get too attached to Soul Purge, it's too easymode to stay as it is.

+ Reply to Thread